twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I crave sincerity in literature and life at this point. I am all for post-irony

This.

>Anonymous 04/17/17(Mon)22:01:17 No.9395189▶
>How far can we take irony?
>>>
> Anonymous 04/17/17(Mon)22:02:36 No.9395196▶
> (OP)
>I crave sincerity in literature and life at this point. I am all for post-irony
>>>
> Anonymous 04/17/17(Mon)22:06:13 No.9395215▶
>
>This.

Dude this sucks.

It took nine million three hundred and nine hundred and fifty thousand two hundred and thirty seven previous posts on this board to amount to this pile upon pile upon pile and post-pre-post sincerely ironic meta memery garbage that I can't even understand how what you've done is found to be funny or minimally redeemable in anyway on this bluegreen earth for fuck's sake.

>pic very related

>Anonymous 04/17/17(Mon)23:01:17 No.9395189▶
> How far can we take irony?
>>>
>Anonymous 04/17/17(Mon)23:02:36 No.9395196▶
> (OP)
> I crave sincerity in literature and life at this point. I am all for post-irony
>>>
>Anonymous 04/17/17(Mon)23:06:13 No.9395215▶
>
> This.
>>>
>Anonymous 04/17/17(Mon)23:10:33 No.9395237▶
>File: SUCK.jpg (70 KB, 500x522)
>70 KB
> (OP)
> >Anonymous 04/17/17(Mon)22:01:17 No.9395189▶
> >How far can we take irony?
> >>>
> > Anonymous 04/17/17(Mon)22:02:36 No.9395196▶
> > (OP) (OP)
> >I crave sincerity in literature and life at this point. I am all for post-irony
> >>>
> > Anonymous 04/17/17(Mon)22:06:13 No.9395215▶
> >
> >This.
>>>
>Anonymous 04/17/17(Mon)23:23:29 No.9395299▶
>File: jasonsudeikiswithcoolwatch.jpg (123 KB, 957x1300)
>123 KB
>
> Dude this sucks.
> It took nine million three hundred and nine hundred and fifty thousand two hundred and thirty seven previous posts on this board to amount to this pile upon pile upon pile and post-pre-post sincerely ironic meta memery garbage that I can't even understand how what you've done is found to be funny or minimally redeemable in anyway on this bluegreen earth for fuck's sake.
> >pic very related

tf is iron knee

trying too hard

Read about Bathmology and never again be fooled by how people use or misuse memes.

that's the point, duh

>i'm not retarded
>i'm just acting retarding

welcome to irony pal

please explain meta-irony

what a newfag posts

Is OP's pic-related a meta-post-ironic meme? Or rather just one of the four above in the grid? It seems to have taken the matter one step further - one giant leap for meme-kind, as it were.

You're layers, my nigga, you're layers... You seem to have mistaken the above user's development of more layers of irony than yourself for something like ignorance. You see, this is something I like to describe meta-strato mis-correspondence: A "mis-match" or conflict, as it were, in the number of layers of irony between two interlocutors, often resulting in the mistaken assumption by one or more of the interlocutors that the other is in fact on zero layers of irony, and possibly even ignorant of and/or apathetic towards, the meaning, usage, and practice of ironic shitposting (or as older generations of the human race have called it), dialogue, or speech.

The end result: your attempt to "pwn", "humiliate", or "correct" the above user,in fact amount to nothing more than a failure to recognize his ascension to higher layers of enlightenment that yourself.

... of course, everything I just said is (1) bullshit (except for the fact that above user does indeed seem to be awares of the ironic dankery), (2) illustrates that faggotry of this whole trend of ironic cultural shit-posting that has evidently been popularized and perpetuated by the Jews in an attempt to undermine Western civilization by promoting cuckish values and race-mixing (or "miscegenation", as (((they))) have called it, in an attempt to make bestiality sound more palatable to little underage sluts), in an attempt to slowly eradicate the superior Aryan race by corrupting it with the sub-human, ape like DNA of the blacks, muslims, and gays.

I'd be up for it if it wasn't just parks and recreation.

Surely we've taken it too far when academics start unironically studying the nature of internet memes?

>implying i wasn't one step ahead
>implying i didn't anticipate this
>implying this post isn't meant to not be taken seriously
>implying that one can't just make any claims such as these in order to win the repartee
>implying retarding wasn't on purpose
>i'mpling i cn even read

Stretch it so far that post-meta-sincerity comes into fashion.

I am unsure whatever my life is a lie or not

human feces xD i take a big shit a poo hahah

stop being ironic

What happens to irony if there are no patricians around to assume its existence? When humanity dies, does irony die too?

non-irony dies too, so it's no big deal

saved

there are no technical limits, but at some point parsing all of the layers will take longer than a human lifespan, so there's a practical limit
where that is is anyone's guess

Dude... it's not that serious.

he was ironic you dumbass

I'm gonna write an academic essay on the feline in popular culture, but the closing argument's gonna be a fucking lolcat but instead of saying "i can haz cheeseburger" it's saying "I can haz noose? Life has become a chore, drained of all meaning and pleasure. I can no longer be satisfied by anything except for the knowledge of my impending finale."

THAT would be post-ironic

Irony can only stretch as far as the charade loses its focus. Then the ironical one becomes the unintentional point of irony on the diamond.

Wouldn't that just be ironic? It would look like a meme with the lolcat but the narrative would have changed.

I've been seeing this picture floating around for a while. Can anyone give me examples of all the four kinds of memes?

I, for one, want a pre-ironic revival. Post-irony implies the acceptance of the ironic narrative.

I believe meta-irony is a parody acceptance of pre-irony, in that its assumption is itself an purposefully ironic act. This is different from post-irony, wherein the ironic narrative is the one that is assumed.

But what if that's the intent?

I have to say it again: Your layers, my nigga, your layers...

At this point I'm not sure whose having the irony layering issue here, me or you... Just another instance of a meta-strato mis-correspondance, I guess. I mean, I know you're just being ironic, and I'm just being ironic, and what seems on the surface here to be a disagreement is really just an ironic form of us expressing agreement with one another (or is it?) - but the whole point of my ironic post was that layers and layers of irony is pointless and retarded, and is in no way indicative of anything like "wit", "intelligence", or "subtlety". Of course your feeble brain seems to have been unable to detect to true point of my post because of how masterfully it was hidden behind layers and layers of irony and meta-irony, but you get my point (of course I'm being ironic again).

It's almost as if we've reached such towering layers of irony that the true intention of one's post is often hidden from everyone, including the ironic poster themselves. By that I mean that irony serves as a means of deflecting criticism or precluding the possibility of being exposed as wrong or even completely intellectually incompetent. By hiding you're actual point behind and unclear and indefinite number of "layers" of irony you position yourself in a manner such that you can ultimately defend or ridicule your initial point as you see fit (and nobody will be able to tell the difference because they have no idea of how many "layers" you were actually on).

the most ironic part about this all is that i havent actually been reading your posts
>implying this is ironic
>implying i cant read
>implying replying

Then the trickster becomes the trick.

Ok, ok, im less ironic than you mate. Its not that important anyway.

(Sooooo the jokes on you, my friend)

Irony is like onions

perfect, my parents taught me to laugh at myself by constantly laughing at me
>implying he isn't an orphan
>implying he is

The ironic thing here is that irony isn't really what we're talking about

kek are you attempting to turn your own podt into s meme? If so, I hope youre only doimg it it ironically.

Memeing oneself into a higher state of being.

Not my post.

I believe we've equalized our irony layers.

Things are looking good :)

hey

I fucking hate this board. Fuck you if you even considered contributing to this literal cancer.

No, a proper essay would be dated lolcat images with an unrelated essay pasted over every image, with every noun replaced with a synonym of 'cat'.

layer cake
cake cake cake
craig and rap music
make make make
somethign: abuse it
cake cake cake

They already tried this, it was called New Sincerity and it ended up being just another layer of irony

>tfw you will never study meme-ology
youtube.com/watch?v=RceYg112JUE

not if you can observe people :D