Which work of fiction would it be most advantageous for humanity to adopt as a sacred text used for moral instruction?

which work of fiction would it be most advantageous for humanity to adopt as a sacred text used for moral instruction?

morning Veeky Forums is lit af brah

My Twisted World.

The Malleus Maleficarum

if you would even THINK of suggesting GR as a moral instruction text you havent read all of the meme trilogy.
Both Ulysses and Infinite Jest have far stronger moral themes.

at the time that i wrote this i hadnt actually noticed the joke in the image.

Infinite Jest. but pretty much everything DFW warned us about/pre-empted has happened.

there's a pretty famous review of GR that outright calls it 'a text made for moral instruction', I probably won't find it and link it but you can

IJ

Everything in IJ was already happening when DFW was writing it. He pre-empted nothing.

The Bible, obviously. It was written for that purpose.
I'd suggest the Illiad and Odyssey, but then we'd just regress back to Greek Culture.

i guess that's a fair statement, however, I feel the themes have been somewhat amplified in the past couple of years.

East of Eden

>accepting dogmatic morality
christfaggots pls go

The Bible

V. most certainly has an instruction.
>keep cool but care

>Greek Culture
>regress

uhm...

>assuming being written for a purpose makes something well suited to that purpose

If you read his e pluribus unum you'd realize his stole most of his future technology ideas from the guy he talks about towards the end.

The greeks or the Bible as it stands today

anything else is shit

unironically Plutarch's Moralia would be a good choice

How To Win Friends and Influence People

>Regress back to Greek Culture
You mean back to a time where art and culture flourished, and everyone wasn't a soulless, degenerate hedonist? Oh no...

A stateless society with the New Testament at its ethical foundation but allows for opposing systems of ethics as long as they don't violate the harm principle

>allows for opposing systems of ethics

aaaaaaaaaaaaand you fucked up

M Y D I A R Y D E S U !
Y

D
I
A
R
Y

D
E
S
U

That's a rather fanciful view of the Hellenic age.

This is what Nietzsche thought essentially.

Reclaim what was great about the Greeks and Romans before the Judeo-Christian slave morality fucked everything up.

The legacy of totalitarism in a tundra desu

The Plague by Camus

This is also a good choice

OP's asking for fiction though.
The Greeks of the Iron age were far degenerated from those of the Heroic, but that you you should well know.

The Shepherd by Hermas

to kill a mockingbird

atticus finch is the goat male and all should aspire to be like him

The Iliad, desu.

Necessary for every American Politician to read in order to understand race better and make more inclusive policies.

I can't find a working link for this essay

The Will to Power

>e pluribus unum
kek

probably the bible ay

alternatively,

MY DIARY DESUU!!!!!!!

Great Wall of China by Kafka

Atlas Shrugged

we're so closed to subsidized time, it's already the year of Bepsi

The Prophet

Der Einzige und sein Eigentum

Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

Shoplifting from American Apparel

The Iliad and The Odyssey, of course.

Worst post ITT if you're serious

the bible. but for real this time.

As an atheist, I more or less agree.

Not the bible as a whole though. Certainly not most of the old testament, or Paul's letter or the like.

But the gospels are a breddy gud philosophy to live by.

New Testament is G-d-tier, OT is Jew shit