Post-College Success

Anyone else thankfully not fall for the STEM meme?

>Chemistry major friend works loading hazardous materials into trucks
>Chem E friend makes a little more than me but had to move to fucking West Virginia by himself and hates his job
>Neuroscience friends (2) both work for non-profit in NY affording them tiny apartments in New Jersey
>Mathematics friend is still in ((((Grad School)))) with no end in sight

>Journalism friend makes good money at an advertisement agency
>Both business major friends make 6 figures (though they work their asses off so it came at a cost)

>I majored in Political fucking Science and landed a well paying no-stress office job with great benefits and tons of time off.

And while my STEM friends spent their undergrad years stressing out over tests I was fucking off playing video games and getting drunk the night before exams. I personally thank God I stopped paying attention to Veeky Forumss "advice".

Any similar experiences?

I graduated with double major in chemistry and biology with high honors and I did everything you did. I got drunk with friends, played video games, worked full time, supported my wife and kids took 20 hours a semester and now ill be making 250k/year in the medical field. I regret nothing seems that you and your friends are all retards

You and your STEM friends are just brainlets and losers.

Well done, my succesful man. I wish you and your family a happy and fruitful future.

My man

Well done!

>Mathematics friend is still in ((((Grad School)))) with no end in sight
aka the only successful one out of you STEM friends

>I majored in Political fucking Science
lol

>I'm becoming a doctor.
That's good for you, user. Not a field I've ever had any interest in (I'm very lazy) but I know some people very happy with their decision in that field. I'm genuinely happy for you!

How about you faggots? Let's hear about how successful YOU are.

>Major in math and stats
>Work for quant finance firm
>Finance firms are constantly poaching from each other to steal DELICIOUS STRATS so if you jump firms you just keep making more

I don't understand what's difficult about this

The person you are congratulating probably doesn't exist, but whatever helps you sleep at night to get you through lads.

networking to get undeservingly high paying job does not add anything to society, you are the equivalent of a HR department asking more funding resupply condoms in the office

I'm an analyst at Morgan Stanley actually. I network every day of my life because EDs and MDs directly depend on my team.

I'm the math one

Front/back office? What role.

Not OP, btw.

im gonna let you go because the bitcoin assumption your company makes seems legit, but being able to network your way into a high paying job means you probably never needed a degree anyway

Back office ops. I work on the website on the business side. Basically an intermediary between the local branches and call centers with New York and the code monkeys in India. Honestly getting underpaid but everyone who's left my team for another firm has made twice as much so I'm pretty okay. I'm only 23 and it's still a nice salary.

Banks are nice and safe. You're young though, don't settle for "nice salary" just yet.

Oh I'm not. I'll probably take a position in New York for a couple years and then leverage the salary and nice resume for when I'm ready to head back home and settle for the actual nice salary.

Was feeling cheeky when I made the OP. I don't actually think there's anything wrong with STEM, just wanted to provide my perspective of people doing very will in business with degrees this board consider jokes.

they are jokes, but if you are a naturally sociable person you could get a degree from a degree mill and still land a well paying job

they can make good money. they are jokes.
I don't know why you can't reconcile both notions, I guess your self-worth is completely dependent on how much money you make.

Are you a butthurt faggot that no one likes you but everybody loves our double major man?

I studied applied Islamology to succesfully destroy everything politics-related including your degenerate "political science", you self-professed lazy piece of shit.

So far I have spread fear and chaos among the infidels so I guess I am pretty succesful.

Idk user, I'm pretty much an introvert who only socializes when I have to. Just did good on my interview.

This is meant for SubhanAllah my brother

I'm not You faggot.

Social sciences are unironically useful. Just because every idiot wants to opine about politics doesn't mean they have the same knowledge base as someone who has actually studied the field. But I'm barking up the wrong tree here so I'll refrain from posting again. I've made my peace.

social science is worthless and so are you

>Faggot
Why the homophobia?

Why would a "social" person be bragging about his job on Veeky Forums anyway? You're fucking pathetic

your ability to socialize is probably underestimated from your own perspective

>knowledge base
>any knowledge
>in political science
kek

and don't come back

I was a Chem E major myself, OP. Didn't have to move to West Virginia and enjoy my job but I do have former roommates who went to business school who make more money than I do, so I don't much buy into the superiority of STEM thing either.

Curious what you guys do.

> >and don't come back
Why the LGBT-exclusiveness?
Are you afraid? Do you have something to hide? Are you a closet-LGBT-member?

math, obviously
you don't buy into hard science superiority because your self worth is, like the other guy's, define by how much money you make

Okay, I'll post once more because this is a weird tangent.

is me
is not me

And if you must know, I happen to be an openly gay man, so you're being silly.

>I'm successful because I do math all the time and I like math

Don't get me wrong, user. That's admirable. But money lets you travel, support a family, etc. If none of that matters for you, then that's fine. But it's not wrong that lots of people like to give their children the best and want to see the world in person.

I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm telling you it's why you "dont buy into the superiority" of serious fields of study. You just don't care.

>You just don't care.
Should anyone? Aside from Veeky Forums and an actual college math class, when would it ever come up?

In a future dominated by technology this is a retarded take, and really shows why america is being replaced by China as the global hegemon

fpbp

Lol. You don't maths isn't going to help us beat China economically. You're delusional.

Not just maths, but it does show why anti-intellectualism is growing in the USA

i failed out of electrical engineering

now i am electrical engineer

take that education >:D

>I wanna travel and see le world XD
Don't get me wrong, user. That's admirable, but real progress for the human species in math and the natural sciences comes at a cost. If none of that matters for you, then that's fine. But it's not wrong that lots of people like giving their best for the progress of science, making enough money for a comfy living and having their children grow up in a high intellect household which substantially increases their chances of success no matter what they do.

ChemE, did it for the money, do not regret it

>I'll turn your message on itself to show how obviously superior my life choices are

Kek. All it does it make you sound like a self-important ass. You and are acting like the only options in life are devoting yourself to academia or raising a household of idiots. You work to live. Not the other way around.

Something about this story isn't adding up

the whole "I am successful with a Poli Sci degree and have a great job and life but spent time out of my day to go back to a science and math board to create a thread trying to get back at those STEM meanies who doubted me, using very limited and selective anecdotal evidence to attempt a terrible refute at the idea that STEM majors earn more and have greater success in acquiring a job which as mammoth statistical backing contrary to my shitpost which is totally a true story"

>the only way to live is to care about yourself and not care about the human race.
>Other people are self important asses!
Something doesn't add up.jpg

It's shitposting, user. Most people on this board are still in school and view the world in terms of good vs bad areas of study. Casting any doubt on that is a good thing.

>you work to live
that's the fundamental disagreement. your career is a big part of your life, might as well make it enjoyable

did you just do undergrad? everything I read points me towards either a masters/phd for quant work

You can enjoy your career without being in academia though... People can literally enjoy business careers. The point remains that work is secondary.

I work at boost mobile, I make 10 dollars an hour plus commission, my monthly take home is 2600 in a bad month. My job is super low effort and allows me to make strides towards starting a real career while still making decent enough money in my low cost of living area. I spend maybe 600 dollars a month right now on rent and shit. Working towards an RN I think but not really sure it's what I want to do, I can do whatever I want and I don't feel like I'm in a rush.

Rofl I sell drugs and work as a cook at a sports bar

yeah ive been there since august of this year but I make around 500 every two weeks (comfy) and I have over a lb of weed thats just str8 profit

desu you dont need college unless you are going for STEM and even then you fell for the meme.

>12k a year
>comfy

You sure that's right, user? That's 300 dollars above the poverty line.