Be 21

>be 21
>had ambitions of publishing debut novel by age 24 with a Big-Four publisher to international acclaim

>be 26
>debut novella published with a tiny, regional independent press to little acclaim and only 2 ratings on Goodreads overall (one by me)

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/05/10/nyregion/bartenders-cant-refuse-pregnant-women-alcohol-new-york-city-says.html?_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ummmm nothing comes that easy unless your father set that shit up for you in advance. Name me one successful 20 something in history who wasn't set on his way by daddy.

Name?

>2 ratings on Goodreads overall (one by me)
So, what did you think?

What's your novella called?

remember, there's no such thing as bad publicity

this
tell us about this so called """novella"""

kek

>polish your craft for your entire teenagehood and adulthood
>discover in your mid '20s that no one cares anymore about art and the ones who do deal mostly with dead authors
>realize that you have to whore yourself out in order to make it, but you're not enough of a charlatan to do that

Just put a bullet in my head, please.

I gave myself two stars.

> be 19
> have YouTube channel with over 5 million subscribers
> pitch a book to a publishing house that is just my channel in book form: personal biography, vlog highlights, selfies and photography regarding highlights from my channel all tinged with teen humour
> sells well, hits bestseller lists for a month
> sell thousands of copies around the country to schools and colleges as they attempt to intrigue millennial and Gen Z kids into reading
> made enough money before I'm 20 to retire early
> you can literally see my book on the shelf of ASDA in the UK

Proofs.

le humblbrag

Sounds comfy.

I believe. Remember reading youtubers abso boom to publishing

t b h it could literally be any youtuber atm

>published with small publisher
>sold 10 books
>what's the use?
>gave up
>self-publishing is better

>Goodreads

There's your problem son

What are the best places to advertise a new book? Any good sites?

Reddit

>expecting massive success by age 26
>not being happy that an independent press decided to publish your book in the first place

M I L L E N I A L S

>be 16
>realize writing is more than just a hobby to me, it's a passion
>dream of being a writer
>don't even care about money, I just want to write

>24
>have had only two short stories accepted for publishing in very low brow literary magazines
>have sent dozens of manuscripts to
different agents, trying to catch their eye, none of them ever get back to me
>life requires that I work a 10 hour shift every day, often with weekend work, such that I'm lucky if I even get to write one hour a day
>still hope

Someday

What made it necessary for you to work 10 hours a day?

Grandmother is the only person who ever loved me and I'm determined to stay with her until she goes. Medical is not cheap in my country.

I work a daytime and a two hour part time.

>waaah why can't I write a world-changing masterpiece in my 20s
"The lyf so short, the craft so longe to lerne." – Geoffrey Chaucer

ars longa

lol
that's some silly shit.

>he thinks he can write a good novel in his 20s

Literature deepens with age.

is correct. But off the top of the dome, My Drunk Kitchen: a pretty blonde lesbian goofs around, gets drunk, cooks things, then vomits saccharine bits of jolly rancher wisdom.

I bought her book. :( At least she is set for life now, I think.

hannah i love you no not like that i mean sexually

You are a hero. My mom is like that, great woman.

Women being drunk is disgusting to me. They'll be dead by 50.

desu I took a class for a psych requirement called Drugs, Society, and Behavior and the professor of the class wrote a book about gender and alcoholism. IIRC he basically said that it used to be the case that around 35% of men would become alcoholics at some point in their lifetime and something low like 10% of women around the mid 20th century and now women have surpassed men in alcoholism rates
millenials in the next 10 years are going to get FUCKED by their alcohol abuse desu

I know but women think it's cute or "their right" or something to drink as much as a man not realizing that in practical sense trying to keep up with an average man puts them in the same category as black out drunk disgusting men who I would never be friends with. Their livers and hearts are simply not physically large enough to handle the same amount of booze.

Bret easton ellis published less than zero at 20

alcohol abuse is one of the main reasons women are so much heavier nowadays too desu

This. This girl I fuck gets tipsy as shit from one glass of wine, but she always tries to go for the whole bottle. I generally have to put her to bed if she even makes it decently into the second glass. Last week she had half a bottle and was rolling on the floor groaning. If they want to drink "like men" they should learn that real men know their limits.

Not to mention alcohol is awful for your metabolism/fat burning/protein synthesis
They're gunna wonder why their bodies are hideous at 32

Can't wait to see 50% of white babies have fetal alcohol syndrome.

>feminism

In nyc bartenders cant refuse to serve oregnant women

Gtfo no way.

>be a top-tier Youtuber at the peak of his career
>self-publish a small novel with a flashy coolspeak title and shill it on every possible occasion
>sell millions of copies
>it is actually a disguised political manifesto
>become Fuhrer
Real story.

Sorry for blog posting, but it seems we're having a pity party, so perhaps someone can cry closer to me:

Ever since I was 5 I dedicated myself to poetry. To this day, I have over 300~ pages of poems and a novella completed, along with 4 short stories.

The only poem I've ever pubished has been in an obscure political zine.

I just want to inspire some young author as much as Pound inspired me as a child. When I die someone better find my works and appreciate them.

Feels real sad
vida brevis :(

>While covered entities may attempt to justify certain categorical exclusions based on maternal or fetal safety, using safety as a pretext for discrimination or as a way to reinforce traditional gender norms or stereotypes is unlawful,” the guidance released by the Commission on Human Rights on Friday says.

nytimes.com/2016/05/10/nyregion/bartenders-cant-refuse-pregnant-women-alcohol-new-york-city-says.html?_r=0

I'm so sad right now.

>The only poem I've ever pubished has been in an obscure political zine
Write reactionary and overzealous poems, it's your only hope

"Today only the person who no longer believes in a happy ending, only he who has consciously renounced it, is able to live. A happy century does not exist; but there are moments of happiness, and there is freedom in the moment."

>it's okay for you to fuck over your childs life because they're part of your body right now, meaning what happens to them is your choice :^)

How can anyone fall for this meme? Your health choices directly affect the future of another human being. If were to I plant a bomb in my childs belly while they're still a fetus and set it to detonate years later does it not count as murder because at the time I decided they weren't legally human?

Wow it's baby's first publishing ordeal. He couldn't make sales at all.

you're a beautiful person

Does this happen a lot?

Yeah if you're selling books. But if you're dedicated, that doesn't matter.

Just stories that a typical teenage girl would love like Hunger Games. They were hyped out of nowhere, but hey someone had to get the word out.