Sup Veeky Forums, what do you think of my nonfiction collection? Could you recommend any other similar works?

sup Veeky Forums, what do you think of my nonfiction collection? Could you recommend any other similar works?

stop posting

oh god you just triggered flashbacks to my undegrad majoring in history, not that i read any of those specifically for a class and chomsky and chalmers are pretty dank, but just big piles of unread "investigative journalism" about recent "atrocities" puts me right back in senior seminar *involuntary shudder*

Thucydides, good

>Chomsky. LOL.

the rest I either haven't heard of or is trash.

Read the bible.

your troll sucks, straya.

They're not unread
And why do you put investigative journalism in quotes?

because Andrew Cockburn and Jeremy Scahill are not a CIA approved journalists

Why would they need to be approved?

Why did you put atrocities in quotes?

because what constitutes an atrocity is a matter of opinion

So its only opinion if people were killed or not?

it's an atrocity if you can use it to shame your enemies, its collateral damage if your side did it

Seems a bit hypocritical

welcome to "the real world"

i guess my main problem with those books is that they just chronicle state backed violence, but never really come to any radical conclusions, it's just a list of massacres. i guess somebody has to document that shit, but having to read a stack of those in a semester fucking blows, but the thought of reading shit like jeremy scahill or something for fun is just retarded, unless you're an outrage junkie who likes to listen to democracy now! and sit there shaking your fist going "fuck bush!" it gets old, like ok, the americans kill people who fuck up their oil, the israelis kill people who live on "their land" who aren't jewish, and nato probably bombed an orphanage or something sometime, well who gives a shit, man.

The dead and their survivors

I really dislike your brolitics
>yeah its not nice but thats the world what are you gonna do, throw me another corona dude

NATO bombed a dickload of hospitals in Serbia.

omfg dude i am so fucking outraged u mean the cia did something bad wtf i am sooooo mad right now omg dude lets march on washington lets have a protest omg lets march around in a circle ooooooh boy im sooooo mad right now!!!!!!1one

besides i bet if i tried to make a thread about any of the shit on those books without directly citing the author you would call me a conspiracy kook and tell me to go to /pol/ even tho those are leftist authors, so spare me the fake concern or "virtue signaling" as they say

yeah but haven't u heard it was to stop a GENOCIDE! it's ok to bomb civilians if it's to stop GENOCIDE! w

>hurr durr

>besides i bet if i tried to make a thread about any of the shit on those books without directly citing the author you would call me a conspiracy kook and tell me to go to /pol/ even tho those are leftist authors, so spare me the fake concern or "virtue signaling" as they say
You seem to think I haven't read them

Glad I didn't have to read any of this bullshit during my undergrad

ok what's the thesis of bad samaritans? what's the thesis of manufacturing consent?

No Brief History of Time? That's one mighty sad non-fiction collection you have there. Mmm... yessirie.

That neoliberal economic policies promoted under the guise of aiding are in fact destructive
That the media acts as a filter shape acceptable discourse

that's the green party starter pack, you get it as a bonus gift if you donate to democracy now! during the michael moore matching pledge drive...

don't worry, there's not hardcore stalinist stuff that calls for the overthrow or even interruption of capitalism that might be upsetting, it's just comfy stuff those days you drive your electric car using your sanctuary city drivers licence to pick up some fair trade coffee at the local organic market and then grab a seat and read those feeling smug about how sensitive you are

>hurr durr der democracy now
Someone seems obsessed

oh are you more the npr type? step your game up brosef!

So much anger

o, r u mad? sad!

So triggered

Respect. But don't feed the troll man, helps no one.

Ever heard of Black Banners? Former FBI agent discloses as much as he can about what they knew about Bin Laden and the rest pre-9/11.