rationalwiki.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion#Overbalanced_wheel
youtu.be/FLek_3Hpwus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go ahead, finish your sentence.

Whoa...
Somebody try building this

-t

Finished that for you

>eggsdee if i keep adding more complexities to it it'll surely work!
You can keep reducing energy loss until it's almost negligible by overcomplicating your device but you'll never reach TRUE perpetuity as it is physically impossible.
Just because it "looks" perpetual that doesn't mean it necessarily is.

somebody should finish OP's pic instead

OP is a cretin

kek

generally making it more complex will actually reduce efficiency
the ideal perpetual motion machine is a solid rotating object in outer space

Holy shit just found this in library of congress.

Here's one you can make at home: youtube.com/watch?v=50Aag0J0Qe4

Ok so what’s stopping something like this from working

>not even shielded from light and gamma rays

friction at the wheel's axle.
air resistance slowing the falling water.

>what is friction

geometry

well?

the nope drive

Top kek

>check the cancer soyboy normie fanboy forum
>it is fucking dead
appears to be ded

t. Free Energy Researcher
I felt a great disturbance in the Schwarz and abandoned my never ending succubus summoning and tulpa creating rituals on to come here.

This looks like a Bessler Wheel fucked an MC Esher painting, so yea that's lame.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Bessler
That's right up there with the SMOT, which has almost worked thousands of times already.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Magnetic_Overunity_Toy

The theory behind "Free Energy" (Over Unity, TCSMD thermodynamics can suck my dick) is that you are accessing some dimension with a higher potential than ours. Imagine there is some sub dimension left over from the big bang where the Cosmic Background Radiation is still thousands of Kelvins. If you could "break into that" and collect it, it would APPEAR to be Over Unity. In reality it's just an inter-dimensional solar panel or thermocouple.

Pic unrelated. That's just an atmospheric static charge accumulator using a radioactive ionizing valve (vacuum tube).

I was going to say this.

that circle has nontrivial first cohomology

bird's eye view (projection)
consider any of 3 straight stretches of waterway
this fails the parallel postulate

>24 replies

>25

Holy shit this guy must be making bank with his physics breaking discovery

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion#Overbalanced_wheel

That Bill Nye meme pic is far outdated now.

what about this one?

How lovecraftian

or just put a windmill in front of that big axis to the right

nice

have you ever fucking read the parallel postulate you fucking brainlet?

>Archimedes screw
>used unironically in a perpetual motion machine
My sides.

>air resistance slowing the falling water
Holy fuck Veeky Forums is retarded. Air resistance or not gravitational potential energy doesnt change. Its why the formula E=mgh doesnt have a variable for air resistance. The only thing slowing down this(and most other perpetual motion machines) is friction of moving parts.
As mentioned earlier, the formula for gravitational potential energy is E=mgh ([mass in kilograms] x [acceleration due to gravity{9.8m/s/s on Earth}] x [height in meters]). For the simplton engineers out there we will assume all values for this machine to be 10. 10 kilograms of water x 10m/s/s x 10 meter fall = 1000 joules of potential energy to extract, but it also requires 1000 joules of energy to pump back up AT A MINIMUM. In reality it requires more energy to pump back up because of parts rubbing on shit turning kinetic energy into useless heat. Potential energy in, when extracted 100% efficiently(it never is), is equal to kinetic energy out. This is the definition of the amount of work put into, or possibly removed from, any object at any height. If you use that energy to do work you dont have enough energy to return the water to the top. It cannot be done more efficiently than described by the formula as it is the bare minimum in a given gravitational field. The only way to extract usable energy from a closed system that lifts and drops anything is to manipulate gravity.

See above. Also,
>geometry
The device may not be geometrically possible as drawn but the concept and general construction is completely possible if modified slightly. It still doesnt work, but you missed the point entirely as to WHY.

The meme drive was never about perpetual motion you tard. It still required energy input to function, and was laughably inefficient. The controversy is that it violates Newtons third law by supposedly creating a “propellentless propulsion” source.

lmao wut? ya fucking nerd

>nerds will pretend this isn't a good post

You are on the science and math board. If you arent considered a nerd by most people you dont belong here.

Is a wheel connected to a year round waterfall a perpetual motion machine?

No. Its an indirect way of harnessing solar power through the water cycle.

we literally live on a perpetual motion thing.

>propellentless propulsion
>drive it around the moon for free
>smash it into something at very high speed
>magical kinetic energy coming from nowhere.
>perpetual motion.

That works.

keked

>The theory behind "Free Energy" (Over Unity, TCSMD thermodynamics can suck my dick) is that you are accessing some dimension with a higher potential than ours. Imagine there is some sub dimension left over from the big bang where the Cosmic Background Radiation is still thousands of Kelvins.
Literally the speed force.

Perpetual motion machines exist, wind is free and infinite

It requires you to run a microwave transmitter in a resonant cavity. Some energy is radiated away as heat, some is emitted as photons outside of the visible spectrum. The energy didnt come from nowhere. It came from your power source that was running the microwave transmitter.

Wind is generated from solar energy. Its not perpetual motion, its harnessing solar and rotational energy from the Earth.

And by heat i guess i mean IR photons, before you nitpick that shit.

Brainlet here. Could the motion of planets in stable orbits around a star be considered perpetual motion or not?

How does the water get up the ramp?

that thing would stop moving eventually

Even if it is, what good does it do you? How do you harness the energy of a moving planet?

not perpetual

Who said anything about harnessing the energy of moving planets? Are the arrangement of forces involved a case of perpetual motion or not?

Can someone tell me why this:
youtu.be/FLek_3Hpwus
Is not perpetual motion. If your answer is because its slowly de-magnetizing the magnets i have 2 follow up questions.
1. Can you tell me through what mechanism it’s losing magnetism?
2. What sort of time scales are we talking about? If its 10+ years my response would be ok so 10+ years of pollutionless energy that can be dug out of the ground like we are already doing with fossil fuels that DO cause pollution? Why is this not a thing?

Im not trying to be a conspiracy nut, or condescending douche, im genuinely curious as to what the asnwers are.

Why not? Genuine question. Is it just long-lived phenomena in relation to human timescales, or are there systems of orbital resonance involved that can keep such a system stable than would ordinarily be the case?

No. The planets are traveling straight line paths through curved spacetime, carried by some amount of kinetic energy. If you harness orbital motion/kinetic energy (like we occasionally do for gravitational slingshots of space probes) the orbiting body you harnessed that energy from slows down slightly. If you kept doing it, it would begin orbiting closer and closer to its star until it fell in. Just because the planets will continue to move through frictionless empty space for nearly an eternity, doesnt mean its free energy. Orbits are more analogous to energy storage than to perpetual motion.

Actually battery small engine and solar panel won't fucking stop moving if balanced enought, and in times newton doesnt relized objects are not isolated but interact with eachother, it would be considered one.

Like light in a fridge it would shine forever.

The problem is that outer spacce doesn't define as ideal, resistance less enviroment.

Also that machine should be meant to be harvested from in means of energy. Not unity, overunity.

Because energy you had to put in that cacher returns when it's rusty. Also it's not infinite, sun stops shining one day and youll be fucked up and hoped you made a spaceship with some kind of reactor with that steel.

Oh you won't poor mortal being.

Tell her we will release her video into the public and she'll do anything.

The wheel won't spin
It can't even start moving because the magnet "pushing" it forward would push it backwards with equal force