Please help

Got sick a few months back. Seemingly recovered like anyone would. Ended up in the hospital a weak later. Was given ekgs , cat scan, MRIs, blood tests, chest ultrasound everything comes back normal despite my chest pains. Troponin levels were in heart attack range supposedly. I'm 21 and an athlete. Very healthy. Regardless, diagnosed with acute idiopathic cardiomyopathy. They give me some drugs to slow my heart and tell me to rest. I got better. 3 months later the same exact chest pains are back. The doctors can't find the issue. Anyone have any thoughts. Anything is appreciated. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheumatic_fever
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valvular_heart_disease#Rheumatic_disorders
twitter.com/AnonBabble

uhh AIDS

I'm a virgin though

You mentioned you are athletic

Do you stay hydrated?
How much does your weight fluctuate, i.e are you a wrestler?
Do you take suppliments?

Also hows your diet?
Do you intake alot of things that dehydrate you?
Vasoconstrictors and vasodilators

Also how much do your symptoms match up with an axiety/panic attack?
I hear theres alot of pressure to perform for athletes, competition and nature of the game and all.

How hard do you train?

Always hydrated, no supplements, diet is mostly good, very little anxiety. Went back to the hospital last night, they say they misdiagnosed last time. It wasn't myocarditis but probably pericarditis. But they still aren't sure and can't prove it. Told me to call the cardiologist again today. Like what the fuck is wrong with me?

Start with monitoring what your diet is. "Healthy" isn't really definitive.

What are the things you consume a lot?

When is the last time you changed protein powders or work out supplements?

Are you drinking energy drinks? (Sugars and caffeine?)

Truly no protein powders. No energy drinks. No supplements. I do eat sugar though. Coffee like twice a month and it's a single cup.

None of those things should be the problem then.

Where do you get protein from?

Describe the pain, does it change based on your physical positioning? Is it worse if you lay down or stand up?

I am betting it comes and goes, next time it flares up try rotating to see if it gets better or worse.

Meat nuts, normal food. The pain is always there in a dull sort of way. It's the best in the morning, but as the day goes on it progressively gets worse. There is a lot of labored breathing and chest heaviness. Occasional sharp pains.

Does aspirin help?

I've been on a baby aspirin regimen since last hospital visit

That may have been why it subsided for a little while. Use a slightly larger dose, no more than double, and see if it goes away again. Of course, consult your doctor and see what he thinks about using more aspirin.

You don't want to just take more and more aspirin, but it seems if aspirin helps then it is a blood flow issue in the region. Their scans didn't pick up tumors or the like. Spicy food, on the healthy side, could help reduce aspirin dependence. Most people don't care about being on supplements, but I imagine there is a reason you don't use work out supplements.

Thanks for the advice. I'll bring it up to him. I just never got I to using them. No real medical reason. No tumors or clots were found.

Doctors say that I have significant scoliosis and nodes on my spine. Is it possible this is causing the chest discomfort?

were these the cardiac troponin levels or skeletal muscle troponins?

they wouldn't give you acute idiopathic cardiomyopathy if you had a normal echocardiogram. was that normal?

Not one of your doctors talked about this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheumatic_fever
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valvular_heart_disease#Rheumatic_disorders

Are you in Canada per chance (or Britain)?

Exactly, but the echo cardiogram apparently was fine. Those doctors were in component. Going to a new hospital.

I am in the USA. No one has brought it up even though I did have strep. Don't have a fever though.

you need to answer this question