You are the architect of his own fortune

From scientific point of view, how true is this?

Do we really choose who we are, what we are?

Our genes, parents, environment, social circle, culture.

>You are the architect of his own fortune

You will never hear such infantile statement from patient with terminal cancer or from a retard or kid from fucked up house.

It always healthy good looking and talented white boi who has to convince himself that his life achievements are in fact 100% of his hard work and not some fucking rand() played on his fate. The best part is, that such people confronted will defend themself with "free will" is a real thing.

lmao

lel

Other urls found in this thread:

terrytao.wordpress.com/career-advice/work-hard/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like to think that life is a dating sim. The moment you start there is already a pre-determined path that you will follow on auto-pilot but every now and then you get to make a decision that could slightly improve your situation or slightly damage your situation.

You know, like that guy who from "The Pursuit of Happiness" who made the decision to go into finance because that is how you make really big money. Or like those white middle-class twats that have everything handed to them but then choose to major in liberal arts and end up on the verge of fucking poverty for being so retarded.

good lad

Epictetus tells us this: wisdom consists in the knowledge that there are things in this world within our control, and things outside of our control. To those in your control, you must act prudently and with reason. To those things outside of our control, you must ever be ready to say "you are nothing to me."

Circumstances make many lives awful, but our choices are still real and can have a profound impact on where we go in life. Many situations that are hard, with time, become easy. Many that seemed impossible become certain.

If you're born in poor circumstances you may not get the benefit of an education (or the the luxury of time to introspect) to realize this, but that doesn't make it untrue.

>You are the architect of his own fortune
>you
>his
If you are going to ask a philosophical question you should at least try to get your words right.

>Science & Math

it has more with rand() so more with sci that all those black science and biology threads

This. Stoicism (the philosophy, not the popular meaning of the word) has helped me through some hard times. I highly recommend anyone read it if they're interested.

>only 4 1/2 years
kek

>This article
>healthy good looking and talented white boi
>some fucking rand() played on his fate
>lmao
>lel

I think I fell in love with OP (NoHomo)

It sound right, but its like zen version of let it go

and both of it sound like: "give up at start", giving up is the only thing because you can not change circumstances

You only get anywhere through hard work and persistence, and by being ready for rand() opportunities that come by. terrytao.wordpress.com/career-advice/work-hard/

>I highly recommend anyone read it
any specific books / articles you'd recommend?

He shouldn't have been sentenced at all.
Kid probably has been subject to bullying for years.

yeah, its comedy, get bullied for years, eventually snap, end up in jail for few years.

I doubt he is going to recover.

>Extremely talented person brag about hard work

comedy gold,

you will not hear this kind of advice from a retard sure hard work is required, but he was extremely talented in the first place, they are people who would not be able to even grasp some higher math subjects

You didn't get it.

Everybody I know who "made it" - whatever that may be individually - is either
>a toxic asshole and bad person with deluded egos; if they grew up like those "white bois" some already mentioned
>a genuinely good person and down to earth and you won't hear bs quotes from them; if they reached their current status through real struggle and working up from poverty o.s.

I get, but its not a solution for me.

If something out of your control, do not wast your time over it.

but its just soome phony words to keep you sane, its not a solution to anything.

what kind of solution is it if its the only thing you can do anyway.

You can accept it or you can be mad, its not goiing change anythiing

boy doesn't even look bad
why did he get so upset

desu I would be more pissed off about the bag touching part

wait does Veeky Forums change 'desu' to 'desu'?