What does Veeky Forums think of this?

Should I read it tonight?

bump

Good shit. Nicely researched, br00tal fatalities, lots of intrigue, and well written.

>historical fiction

Throw that shit into the garbage bin dude

What for? What's wrong with it?

Ignore the insecure middle classes and their uppity posturing. It's a damned good read, not everything needs to be transcendent.

Is it any better than a song and fire thing?

Bump

Whatever you want to say about the trash that most historical fiction ends up being, you also need to make an allowance for the sheer comfiness of Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Matutin series.

Maturin*

It is 1000x better. Martin is an absolute shit writer with no discipline.

This shit is great too

Any novel written by fucking a white man turns to shit closer to the end.

I read one Sharpe novel and swore off Cornwell forever.

The TV adaptation is pretty good though.

>Any novel written by fucking a white man

Disgusting!

Good History reads too much like Fiction and good Fiction reads too much like History.

I know this hybrid genre attracts a lot of folk who can't right history or fiction so have the temerity to write nonsense and pretend it's something in-between but Bernard Cornwell is comfy AF so apologize!

I've read The Last Kingdom probably 6 or 7 times. It's fantastic. Word of warning though: the series gets weaker as it progresses.

Bump

a lot weaker too
it gets formulaic to the point of boredom

Haven't read it, but Bernard Cornwell is God-tier historical fiction, and I love historical fiction. Yes. All my yes. I will read everything he ever writes.

So now that this has basically become a historic fiction thread, how is James Clavell's The Asian Saga?

I'm a swollen-analed coalburner with huge breasts and I think reading very boaring thus preffering double anal by a long shot. The reason I came here is to say you guys are weirdos and fucking virgins, ahahahaha:-) Continue on reading your bollocks while I'm gona receive a massive black cock in my ass tonight. Ciao:-)

Are you fucking kidding me?