Are Nootropic bullshit, or do they actually enhance cognition?

Are Nootropic bullshit, or do they actually enhance cognition?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're real but you get used to them so you can't use them all the time.

>They're real but you get used to them so you can't use them all the time.
So speed basically?

Like any drug you melon

I think enhance is unlikely, preventing decline of cognition seems more likely.

any drug really

Nope, they definitely enhance your cognition. They often do the latter too, though.

Can you link to evidence? I am just curious about how they measure cognition and these improvements.

Simple things like attention, concentration, motivation.

I really don't know if they can improve memorization and i'm sure they can't improve intelligence.

One "nootropic" is Adderal. Do with that what you will.

Microdosing LSD is the best nootropic

In short, it's meth for nerds.

Phenibut can induce a genius state but be warned, do not use it more than once per month.

4th to 7th grade I was on ritalin because someone at the school said I needed it(i was a bit of a problem child). 7th grade I stopped taking it because i just felt weird when it was in effect. 8th grade my plummeted and i had to repeat the 8th grade. then I recovered and went back to being an A student.

Once per month is def overkill try like once or twice per week.

Try for yourself. I swear Piracetam works for me.

If they really worked people would have evolved them already.

Any drug results in a crash (unless you already start from a less than optimal condition due to disease.)

Scam, no evidence, just placebo.

>inb4 muh alzheimers patients!

Ritalin didn't do much for me besides making me a zombie.
I also later learned it isn't standard treatment for people with autism but I was to "hyper" for my parents.

I'm not sure if the Ritalin was the cause but I did experience a permanent (dramatic) change of personality in that time period.

It's not that easy to get new drugs out into the US market.

A guy I know recently started a Nootropics business. If you hang around Facebook long enough, you'll see his ads.

He started this business after his last business fell to pieces, because he was guaranteeing local workers and in fact outsourced everything to India. And the business he had before that was found selling his own customer's credit card numbers.

In short, when he tells me about the power of nootropics, I assume it's bullshit.

they are all bullshit in terms of that they do not enhance cognition

first consider this, your nervous system requires a wide range of molecules to function
now luckily for amerifats, we have adapted to function quite well without optimum concentrations or even complete absence of some of these molecules

what some nootropics give you is optimum concentrations of some of these molecules, other nootropics provide completely different molecules that interfere with your nervous system that wouldn't normally be found in a human body
perhaps they have a high affinity for a certain receptor that can trigger a response in your brain
they are not bullshit, but they are not super drugs either

some molecules are advertised as nootropics but have no significant effect
yes, those are bullshit but that doesn't mean all nootropics are

increased wakefulness and concentration are beneficial only to those who can utilise it
a brainlet will remain a brainlet whether he has increased attention span, concentration and alertness

RIGHT LISTEN TO ME

this is some kind of intel operation bullshit form pol im sure of it to try and get us to think that "intelligence" is somehow based in physiology

when these clowns turn up we just need to tell them fuck off and let them know we arnt falling for their tricks

once we accept intelligence is a physiological thing (which there is NO evidence for) were on the same path the nazis trode to get to Auschwitz

we need to be on guard for this because these guys are fucking winning, they already control the governments of britain and america - it needs to stop HERE

caffeine + theanine is the best nootropic I've tried.
AKA green tea, but you can buy theanine powder and add it to coffee or buy pills

There's a reason it's the 2nd most drank substance on earth, 2nd only to water.

He's asking about nootropics you paranoid fuck

It's almost all placebo. The useful "nootropics" like LSD, adderall, ritalin, and caffeine are already widely used. There's a reason you've never heard of the hip new thirty-letter-name racetam chemical, and it isn't because "the man" wants to keep it a secret from you

examine.com
Most nootropic compounds are on there.
Do your own damn research.

Bullshit. It isn't my research if he is making a supported assertion ass clown.

are you really that fucking retarded? Do you understand how broad this topic is, and just how many compounds would qualify under that user's claims? It's literally like asking for "evidence" for the claim that drugs have effects, and then pinning the blame on the person that made the statement for not bombarding people with citations. What next, will you want me to cite my sources if I tell you gravity exists? Fuck off brainlet.

There's already strong evidence that IQ is mostly related to genetics. - You've already lost.

I was on Ritalin from the age of 12 until the age of 14, it did the opposite of enhance me, I became an emotionless zombie. I've also recently taken Noopept, Pramiracetam and Alpha GPC as a stack mixed into a cup of green tea every morning, I did that for a year between the ages of 18-19 and I found no obvious enhancement. However, I do find enhancement in cognition with caffeine.

Caffeine, amphetamines, and nicotine all have proven and substantial benefits to attention concentration, though not as some people may assume processing speed (as measured by iq tests). Certain supplements marketed as nootropics such as Ginkgo and fish oil have no evidence supporting their usefulness in improving cognition. The most common nootropic supplements have some evidence supporting their ability to improve cognitive function so far the evidence is far from conclusive.

Given that intelligence is inversely correlated with fertility I wouldn't immediately follow that argument.

Here's how they work

>Test a literal shitload of different compounds and mixtures
>95% fail, 5% show an effect due to dumb luck
>Only show those 5% now people buy your shit

>I'm not sure if the Ritalin was the cause but I did experience a permanent (dramatic) change of personality in that time period.

What was yours?

I'm a lot less impulsive. Very calm. I don't know if the add ever went away though. I think I just internalized it. If I'm awake, I'm thinking.

That's Nutropics.

I think from the literature, some compounds make an ideal environment for synapses to form and new nuerons to stay alive

But I think nothing beats exercise yet, some have good results in memory but exercise has been observed to encourage new neurons with lasting connections, everything is mostly rat studies and conjecture and placebo

I'd love to see more data on Cerebrolysin

Just take amphetamines like everyone else

Yes, some nootropics makes you not forget to take them, and you was not taking them before, so possible increasing your memory?

No, shit works like magic, with good combos even sleep is obsolete, but you can get angry on human stupidity.

>"intelligence" is somehow based in physiology
So what is it based on? It's not practice. So your soul? And if brain damage can lower it, why is that? Connection to soul lost? But then physiology is at least a connecting antenna to soul.

Reminder: only brainlets need nootropics or adderall, caffeine, etc

Bullshit. Diet better and get vegetables and vitamins consistently for the best life. There is no quick and easy pill to make you smarter, otherwise everyone would be taking it, like Adderall, although, it has it's side affects and addictive potential

Eugeroics (armodafinil and modafinil) – wakefulness promoting agents; modafinil increases alertness, particularly in sleep deprived individuals, and was noted to facilitate reasoning and problem solving in a systematic review.[31][36] They are clinically prescribed for narcolepsy, shift work sleep disorder, and daytime sleepiness remaining after sleep apnea treatments

Yes and no. If you're a healthy person with a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet with no mental disorders, they won't do shit for you. They're not adderall or xanax or anything that would throw a normal person off balance, but if you're someone who does get enough sleep, has depressive/attentive/anxiety issues then it has the potential to help support you and make a a generally more intelligent person.

I have been experimenting slowly over a year, and piracetam/choline seems to be my magic shot for anxiety and depression, but it is less effective then it was a week ago.

this
Green tea is better than coffee

You are the true brainlet user

Which is exactly why you hear the term 'cycling' so often with noot users. Especially among those microdosing LSD/psilocybin. Something like 5 days on, 2 days off, or 3 weeks one 1 week off is what's generally considered optimal

>cant compete on the same level as others without drug enhanced brain
>not being brainlet
Pick one