Teacher makes a mistake on the chalkboard

>teacher makes a mistake on the chalkboard
>someone points it out
>"it was a test to see if you were paying attention"

She was joking u fool

>lecturer makes an obvious mistake in arithmetic
>someone points it out
fucking hate this shit, just scribble it in your notes correctly and pay attention

Pointing it out is fine, but don't break the teacher's stride to do it, wait for a natural pause or something.

>she

How did you know?

Actually had a prof that would do this nonjokingly. If no one pointed it out before he moved to the next section he would get pissed and say that just copying in your notes wont make you learn it. Then alluded to us being no better than monkeys

I'm a level 45 wizard

>Then alluded to us being no better than monkeys
He wasn't wrong.

As a high school teacher... I don't make that kind of mistake often. I own up to the mistake in front of my students though to show that I am fallible. That has led to them respecting me more.

In high school, just so you know. 99% of your math teachers probably intended to teach some other field before becoming a math teacher, and therefore have no real training in mathematics. The only teachers you will meet who have training in mathematics are the ones who are teaching senior year mathematics. And even then, they may not have a full 4 year degree of mathematics. It might be 2 years at most with classes like analysis being dropped for something 'easier'.

Found the autist.

Found the roleplayer

Your professor is that user.

ooooh yeah you sure did.

>professor makes a mistake
>point it out so they can quickly correct themselves and not waste time continuing the calculation just to get the wrong answer
>they get extremely upset and my quizzes go from 90s to 70s for "sloppy work shown"

"it was a test to see if you were paying attention"
only a chick would be this shit at comedy

t. never been in a classroom
the dude profs make the corniest jokes

>he doesn't laugh anyways so the professor likes him
pleb

I do tho

It only annoys the shit out of me when the person doing it is an asshole to the prof

there's an MIT physics prof who makes the exact same mistakes every semester.

started holding you to your own standard

the future you chose desu

>notice mistake
>hope nobody else does

too real

Show dominance faggot. Next time say that you get paid being shit while they will be in debt soon or fucking poorfag losers. You're a teacher that student scum should hate your guts every fucking day or how else will you ever be in the pants of the top cheerleader thots, soyboy?!

This, a lot of professors I had frequently encouraged people to speak up if they notice a mistake. Not everybody has a fragile ego