What patrician-tier languages should I learn? I already speak Italian (native), German, Spanish...

what patrician-tier languages should I learn? I already speak Italian (native), German, Spanish, and I'm studying Greek (both ancient and modern).

Slovenian

>not latin
kys

I forgot to mention it, already studying it together with ancient Greek.

Portuguese

Russian

English

From Romance: French/Spanish should be easy for you, though probably not worth considering linguistic proximity. Portuguese too, but it's also ugly and has like 3.5 good writers including 2 brazilians. Romanian is moot point.

From Germanic: none of them are worth particularly much literary. Dutch is very easy seeing as you know German and English already. Norwegian is the most practical choice because it allows you to understand written Danish very well and Swedish to a considerable extent. Also Norwegian and Swedish the only two that don't sound like shit.

From Slavic: Russian obviously. Rather hard though. Polish is the next best thing. Czech is quite probably not worth it already. The rest are completely negligible.

Chinese, Wapanese and Arabic are not worth it, unless you plan to move and live there for decades.

Russo, Sanscrito, inglese(?)

unironically? Hebrew or Arabic.

thank you user.

Might as well learn to read Cyrillic if you know Greek and speak English.

I hear Koreans have an awesome numeric system.

Why not try to learn a language that isn't so Latin/European-based?

Why would you want to learn other languages when have this, OP?

Russian, French, Finnish. I've heard that Japanese literature is advanced as well, but I have yet to find credible source for that.

>Finnish

>Finnish
wut
there are zero reasons to
if you want uralic hungarian is much more lit and linguistically beautiful

just French

Help me out here, please. My gf is Swiss-Italian, and I am wondering: If I learn Italian from her will there be some difficulties with Italian form Italy? I ask because I speak a Dialect of High German and cannot for the life of me fathom what Swiss German speakers are saying. Is there that kind of thing going on with Italian/Swiss Italian?

You're fine, just learn Italian. Tessinois speak Italian, it's just one canton and the only canton that speaks Italian on the border to Italy.

Lugano. Beautiful region btw, next to lake Como.

Thank you. I am set to visit Lugano with her next June. Can't wait.

I doubt you speak all of the non-natives with the fluency to call yourself patrician. Why not dedicate more time to reading and understanding literature in those languages? Even understanding the greatest literature and prose of your native language is hard enough

>it's a brainlet thinks everyone is a brainlet episode

>I've heard that Japanese literature is advanced as well, but I have yet to find credible source for that
What does this load of shit even mean? That's Veeky Forums mentality, that's what. "Uh, let's see which countries are worthwhile and which not, let's even rank them, from the top of my giant brain I will surely evaluate everything correctly". You do not choose to learn a language because someone ("""sources""") said the literature of that country is good, but because you're genuinely interested in said literature, said language or said country. Unless you're a snooty brainlet -- and you are.

Italian of Canton Ticino is absolutely standard Italian, sometimes even more correct than the idioms you can find in some Italian regions. I know this because I know people from there too.

I agree with this user.

Sorry I meant to reply to

>Why not try to learn a language not European based
Because he said patrician tier.

Time is our most valuable and most limited resource, so it's only natural people would try and find the best deal for their proverbial buck. And yes you do learn the languages because the literature is good, you absolute fucking brainlet. Learning French will provide a person with infinitely more value and additional growth potential as opposed to Nahuatl or the native tongue of whatever nigger village you are from. Only hopeless autists completely disregard the practical side when learning languages. No fuck off.

this

School basically destroyed my interest in foreign languages and I'm now a languagelet, only knowing English and a little French which I can barely recall. If I decide to go back to French, will I have a harder time considering I'm much older and my brain has turned to mush? Is it even worth re-learning it if I am not so interested in it now?

>And yes you do learn the languages because the literature is good, you absolute fucking brainlet
I never said the opposite, you demented shitface. But your previous post remains garbage because it's fucking obvious Japan has great literature, do you need a confirmation? From who? And with that said, it's the concept behind your doubt that is wrong -- or rather, stupid. Do you actually want to learn a language because some "source" on the fucking internet (or irl, it's the same) said that it's worth learning it? You should consider what, about Japan, interests you, what arouses your curiosity, what can enrich your personal ideas. For example I could be totally blown away by Iceland and its culture and eager to learn its language, while not giving an absolute fuck about France.

Oh yeah, wait, it's of course true you're an absolute brainlet and a pseud and you don't reason like me! You learn a language because the wikipedia page about its literature is long! Oh, and because you saw a fucking CHART on Veeky Forums! And above all, because you need to tell people around you that you've read this and that! How smart are you

>your previous post
It wasn't me.
>your reasons are wrong my reasons are good
Fuck off, cretin. If you're autistically obsessed with some nation and its culture that is your problem and it certainly isn't the only valid reason to study languages. Prime example being OP of this thread who is looking for a language providing the quantitatively and qualitatively largest literary tradition.
>a person stating that the only good reason to learn something is muh feels and not utility is calling anyone else a pseud
Yeah, okay.

>UTILITY
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This only goes to show how much wrong you are.

>ITT armchair philosophers start to argue what language is 'best'
It really doesn't matter what language you learn as long as it is extant and you do something interesting with it.

>haha I was a 13 year edgelord all along
Got me good, m8.

>extant
fucking end your life

Your brain is big as a nut, kiddo.
Go learn languages because of UTILITY and because it was said to you by a small bunch of random people (actually, anonymous assholes on a website created for childish weaboos). Go, go! Don't forget to make a post on twitter once you've started the first book in th chosen language!

Arabic, farsi, pashto, urdu
Mandarin, Russian and Korean
Collapse of Western civilization is inminent shitlords!

Gaeilge, a chara

What does Portuguese unlock? I know of Pessoa, Bossa Nova lyrics, and a few movies/series (but they are probably not patrician enough)

I've studied both Polish and Russian (starting from Italian). Polish is a bit harder

FADO
A
D
O

>Is it even worth re-learning it if I am not so interested in it now?
no

Japanese is worthwhile, because it's difficult to translate. The language has an obsession with grammatical suffixes, and I definitely feel that my Latin background helped, much more so than when I learned Chinese a few years before.

In general, every Chinese, Korean, or Japanese work of merit will be translated into all three languages almost immediately, so you'll be fine if you only learn one.

Basque just because

You mean
>Euskara.
Just gave you your first lesson. Basque is not of the language but is a bastardization of the Castilian for land of the Vascones, a name of a particular tribe from the region.
>Euskadi
Is what you call the land of the Euskara (which is what they call themselves because to them to speak the language is to be one of them, it's codified in their law even)

No

there are tons of GOAT BR/PT writers to be quite frank. Machado de Assis, Clarice Lispector, Camões and others are pretty much GOAT

>BR/PT writers
Do they write about this?

Can i become one of them by learning euzkera?

>BR/PT writers
>BRAPT
iswydt

>Russian obviously. Rather hard though.
>Polish is the next best thing.

Polish is much harder to learn than Russian. Some consider it to be one of, if not the hardest language to learn if you are a non-native. Russian is weird at first because of the sentence structure but it is relatively logical and consistent enough once you figure that out.

Probs m'gobs. They teach it in their elementary schools mandatory. All Spanish Basques are tri lingual now.

I know.
I wanted to buy a book with some grammar and exercices etc. but its nowhere available in my cuntry.

I bought an English one with the glossary of roots and prefixs and suffixes which is the way they build their whole vocab when I was in Spain.

I'm learning Hindi and Bengali because my gf speaks it, what tier are these languages

>Poo in loo

Unironically this

Learn sanskrit instead

>Polish is much harder to learn than Russian
It isn't. Polish has a slightly more complex grammar and a few more phonemes. Russian has a floating stress and freeform vowel reduction. The languages are very similar in overall complexity.
>Some consider it to be one of, if not the hardest language to learn
Maybe some overzealous Poles and linguistically illiterate retards do. There are dozens upon dozens of languages objectively much harder to learn for native Indo-European speakers from neighboring Finno-Ugric and ergative languages to most Sino-Tibetan and Daic.
>Russian is weird at first because of the sentence structure but it is relatively logical and consistent enough once you figure that out.
Sentence structure is similar to Polish and rather lax due to fusional syntax.

tldr stop spreading FUD dipshit

this is some poo shit, nigga

this is some loo shit

go for the loo young pajeet, it's like ancient greek but with more "a"s

learning sanskrit and lording it over your indian girlfriend is a strong power move

I can actually read most of the devanagari (fuck the combined consonants); but i haven't learned more than three words and let's not talk about grammar