Is Veeky Forums dead? I'm genuinely wondering

Is Veeky Forums dead? I'm genuinely wondering.

Back in the day, you could shitpost about Derrida and get hundreds of replies but the board looks like a wasteland.

Please tell me this is temporary.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hpigjnKl7nI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who's Derrida?

stop being anti-logocentric.
also old lit was mostly about catch 22 and infinite jest, nothing to be nostalgic about.

kill yourelf

this shithole HAS TO DIE

the more people leave, the best our lives will be

So..., yes?

wasn't that like two months ago?

Fuck you. Veeky Forums is the reason I'm still alive today.

A hack desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=hpigjnKl7nI

>derrida!
>what the fuck is this?

I feel like this is the case for most boards these days, even previously busy boards like /int/ are dying. and even the big bad boogieman /pol/ has 0 replies in 50% of the threads.

>this is temporary

it is not.

time to leave user.

Veeky Forums has never been good. people have been talking about Veeky Forums being shitty since, literally, about a month after Veeky Forums opened. and people have been talking about Veeky Forums dying for like... at least 5 years, I think. this is just what Veeky Forums is.

shit, this is still way better than the tripfag era

>here for so long he distinguishes 'eras'
what is going on with your life, user?

I just want to be free from this addiction

>he thinks he'll stop coming here one day

I haven't been here consistently in a long time - haven't actually been a regular poster or reader for probably 3 or 4 years now. I'm really just poking my nose in at the moment.

also, the tripfag era was not really a subtle thing that needs to be actively distinguished. it was insanely awful and stupid and basically impossible to ignore.

you just gotta find other shit to do

no

>you just gotta find other shit to do

how

>this is still way better than the tripfag era
Agreed, but at least back then we did not have the amount of ironic, post-ironic and sincere /pol/ shitposting.

To answer OP, Veeky Forums has always been shit. Half the threads are always off topic shite, and it's obvious that a lot of posters have no idea what they are talking about (most apparent in the philosophy threads). Now and then you get a decent thread like the Spanish speaking one we had last week or a solid discussion on Heidegger, but most of the time it's a wasteland as you pointed out. This has always been the case and it's not something new. Quality posts are always few and far inbetween in most boards.

its madness
There is way too many philosophers. I am at Descartes right now. Few years till i get to Kierkeegard. Few years more till i get to Derrida
And i must survive too, cant just sit on ass and read philosophy all days, while mother keeps bothering me about getting a job

kek

I KISS THE BOYS THAT SPEAK MARCUSE

But don't you get it? They made no sense! He did prove it, by example!

I've been wondering lately why Veeky Forums is obsessed about French philosophy despite being 90% Americans and Britbongs.

Is there really that few people here that study philosophy academically here?

Summer is coming

I think it's cool to not be interested in analytic philosophy, which is really predominant in the Anglo-Saxon world. Also, us dirty continentals make up at least 15% of this board

>mfw people come here thinking they can kill time without injuring eternity