What are your scientific (or related) goals for 2018?

what are your scientific (or related) goals for 2018?
for me:
>into machine learning
>finish Rudin

>Rudin
Rudin is a meme.

true, I can't imagine understanding what's calculus supposed to be about from rudin. the exercises are good tho

>that list

Good taste, OP, glad to see there are still people here who didn't fall for frauds and (((pop-sci))) hyping.

Learn maff

decide on perusing a career in statistics or cryptography or academia

Hopping to get enough art grants to quit my day job.

I'm a computer engineer who used to work as a "ghostwriter" for technologically illiterate artists. They'd get a quarter million dollars because they're famous than pay me a tenth of that to do everything for them. Projects were tons of fun; but it was bullshit letting someone else take all the credit for my work. I won a number of smaller grants and contests for my stuff last year. Time to start going for the big ones.

By brainpower
1. Von Neumann
2. Ramanujan
3. Newton
4. Gauss
5. Euler
6 Archimedes
7 Faraday
8 Maxwell
9 Leibniz
10 Euclid
11 Aristotle
12 Plato
13 Galileo
14 Da Vinci
15 Einstein
16 Bach
17 Galois
18 Tesla
19 Riemann
20 Lorenz

Overthrow current theoretical bullshit science. Our generation needs a real scientific revolution.

Write a paper. I'm still studying what I want to research though, so I probably wont start until at least half way through the year.

BTFO Cryptography
Read Cantor and see if he needs to be BTFO
Perfect my Game Theory models and think of another.
Learn more math. I like number theory and know very little, but it is what I find the most interesting.

I don't see how any serious list doesn't have Teichmuller. He is basically a modern day Galois.

into programming.

So far I've been learning Java by doing the puzzels on projecteuler.net. Great stuff and fun to do!

>into programming.
>So far I've been learning Java

Why the fuck would you do that?

Finish publishing my dissertation, wrap up and publish on one of my postdoctoral projects, and make considerable progress on another postdoctoral project.

Need to write up my first draft for my paper submission.
My dissertation is done, but need to write my journal article.

>shit tier
>Black science man
>Not blacklisted
Shit pic m9.

What has the black "science" guy even accomplished? All i know is that he has a diploma and is famous for a stupid show.

And why the hell is Darwin down there with him?

what is wrong with darwin

I don't know, maybe OP is a creationist

>work through the entirety of Landau&Lifshitz before starting my master' degree
>start looking into ergodic theory
>get better at programming

Or a black guy

same reason einstein is so low down there, it was made a by informed by autistic Veeky Forums thought. Einstein = kike, darwin = fedora.

really? below the pedigree of the guys in good-tier?