Is Existence eternal?

is the concept of infinite realities disputable? I know there's no true way to prove it, but conceptually, if a universe can come from "nothing" then we have no idea what "nothing is right? I'm not well versed in this stuff but spend a lot of time thinking about it and would like to learn more.

Bump

Consider the following. Eternal equality vs the concept of eternal quantity. Then you begin dealing with real eternities.

universe cant and didnt come from nothing, nothing cant be made from nothing, god created it

if god created the universe who created god

Except in the universes it can. There it is all drawn from the void. The universes neglected by "This" multi-verses God. Those we consider, hell. Those we consider. Monstrous.

God is a closed variable loop circuit. A set of instructions mapped out from the fundamentals of space and time. Comic books had it right.

See, by no means am I against the concept of god. Not knowing for certain what "nothing" is can put any sort of obscurities into the mix, but what's more baffling to me is that in technicality there is no nothing. Nothing is not measurable and if it is then it's only because of the gap between two objects. So I've been considering in mathematical terms that even with the eventual heat death of the universe, because of it happening once ( as evidenced by our existence) it is bound to happen again. Maybe it will happen an unquantifiable amount of times, but because of the concept of infinity, it would EVENTUALLY have to happen in a way that would give the same distribution of energy dispersing to our reality meaning we mentally will/are all being endlessly thrown into a loop of existence in separate instances of time. Everything doing the same thing over and over and over forever.

If we assume that the same matter (heat death is not exactly the death of energy) is dispersed an infinite amount of ways, then would that mean the matter creating you or me up is infinitely distributed to create the universe?

I'm not spiritual at all, but I don't think it's fair to forfeit those ideas as conceptually pleasing and maybe plausible with a different perspective.

>Science & Math

Yes for the singularity to exist it would have to have been floating in "something" that the universe is still floating in so yes existence is essentially infinite and never ending while absolute nothingness is the only truely impossible concept in existence.

I'd like an outlook that can give me a reasonable answer. I'm not interested in the spiritual aspect of it, but the idea has been floating in my head for a while and it's not something you talk to your friends or family about.

Meaningless question. There is no such thing as time, everything happens at this moment. Time being an illusion means there is no past, future, eternity, etc

Nothing = Laws of physics
Something arises from nothing

Infinity is a lazy, juvenile idea that isn't found anywhere in nature

I'm just going to leave my bullshit idea which you can disprove if you want. What if God created himself? He broke the laws of causality because there was no causality before time.

You masturbate to yourself in the mirror, don't you?

This could easily be replaced with "God simply is".

>is existence eternal
>infinite realities

Assuming that existence is eternal, could the same instances of existence exist across realities, like the same fish in multiple ponds? If so, how do we then distinguish between realities? How do we certainly conclude discrete realities? And if not so, we are left with an infinite number of discrete eternal realities. How would one begin to discuss a reality one is not part of?

>disputable
Perhaps it may be disputable in the first case. If I may exist simultaneously yet continuously in multiple realities, I can discern the context and arrive at an answer. If I may not, then my answer will always be trivial.

Nice try Wildburger

Hardly even have a libido anymore. I'm just depressed and lonely and this kind of stuff is interesting to me.
Very good points. I don't claim to know one way or the other which is a point I hope I made, but I'd like to have more concrete ideas on these concepts. Like you said though, it's not measurable and we'll likely never find any sort of real truth to this sort of discussion.

>Is Existence eternal
Time is just a dimension. Together with space it creates a bubble of existence. Time and space are intertwine (ask Einstein), and you can't have one without the other.

There very well may be existence outside our dimensions, but it wouldn't exist in the dimension we call "time", so the term "eternal" wouldn't apply.
Infinite? You would need infinity to make sure. And that wouldn't be enough.

fag

what the hell are you talking about