So these 2 motherfuckers were supposed to transplant human head in December

so these 2 motherfuckers were supposed to transplant human head in December
did they succeed? did they fail miserably? or maybe it never happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_transplant
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they teleported your mother to the gas giant exoplanet Andromeda Zyklon B

Epic burn haha

haha good one my fellow magapede 14/88 brohter

Well ... Was it a hoax ?

Was supposed to take place in China.
Anybody's guess if they actually tried it.
Success would be touted as "Great Achievement of Chinese Science!"
Since we've heard nothing they either didn't do it or it didn't work.

You've been in a comma for... quite some time.

Better than being in a colon, I suppose.

They did the procedure on two dead bodies, where they "succesfully connected nerves, blood vessels and spines" according to themselves. The next part of their master plan is to do the same with two live brain dead donor bodies, before taking on the actual surgery in question.
I doubt it's credibility myself, but it would be nice to observe the shitstorm that would ensue should they should the surgery actually have a positive outcome.

are they allowed to do that on comatose patients?
isn't connecting blood vessels normal medical shit we can already do?

Nursacoma!

>head transplant
why the fuck do we call it that

I swear, every doctor looks like this.

Hilarious, considering the lack of success transplanting even an arm.

Why are they being given resources to waste?

>Are they allowed to do that on comatose patients?
No. That's why they do all their sugeries in China.
>isn't connecting blood vessels normal medical shit we can already do?
Yep, only difference is the fusing of the spinal cords. There are a shitton of nerves that first needs to be cut and then rejoined at the correct locations.
People who break their necks become paralyzed and are stuck that way for a reason.
The "groundbreaking difference" Dr. Sergio proposed was that although a neck scrambled by trauma in the form of an accident can't be healed by today's medical technology, doing a perfect cut of the spine, whilst applying a liquid to encourage the nerves to grow and fuse with the new spine, might just make it possible for the patient to not become paralyzed, or in the worst case die, after the procedure, thus allowing for a full body transplant.

>procedure turns out to work
>a week later elderly billionairs around the world look like black bodybuilders

No. Dying is not the "worst case".
Being alive but paralyzed and without sensation from the neck down would be worse. Might as well be one of those brains-in-a-jar from Futurama.

Even if the nerve trunks fused, individual nerves in the bundles wouldn't. Trying to wiggle a finger would just as likely raise the acidity in your stomach.
Elderly billionaires won't be lining up anytime soon. Neither will the heads of the Chinese Politburo.

Have they successfully done it on mice or monkeys or something?

Transplant a mouse head? They are pretty much just a head

>They did the procedure on two dead bodies, where they "succesfully connected nerves, blood vessels and spines"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_transplant
Done on animals, but ONLY connecting the blood supply and NOT the nerves.
Even so, the subjects had to be heavily and continually dosed with immuno-supressive drugs.

welp
I heard axotlytdye (mudkips) don't reject each other's tissues, they should should try it with them

But the nerves are the hard part.
Connecting arteries and veins is no worse than hooking someone to a heart/lung machine and a glucose drip.

I doubt the docs involved in this farrago will try your suggestion. "Mudkip Brain Transplanted" won't give them the front page headlines they crave.

The film "GET OUT" happens for real but much more systematically.

>"Mudkip Brain Transplanted"
That would be fucking awesome.

>Being alive but paralyzed and without sensation from the neck down would be worse. Might as well be one of those brains-in-a-jar from Futurama.
You mean like the person already was? Trapped in a body they can't control?
>Even if the nerve trunks fused, individual nerves in the bundles wouldn't. Trying to wiggle a finger would just as likely raise the acidity in your stomach.
>Elderly billionaires won't be lining up anytime soon. Neither will the heads of the Chinese Politburo
It worked on rats, they were able to move and behave as normal. It's no t as simple as them mashing the bits together and leavo by you just as likely to punch and you are to wiggle your nose. What you're describing wouId be retarded.

They did do it "succesfully" on mice, yes. If you think of surviving for an average of 36 hours a succes at least.

>No. Dying is not the "worst case".
As pointed out, the patient is already living in the condition you find worse than death. He suffers a severe case of Werdnig-Hoffmann disease.
This is his last ditch effort before his condition kills him to not only have a chance at prolonging his life, but "curing" his condition.
>Elderly billionaires won't be lining up anytime soon.
I never did make such a claim either, as I stated earlier in the thread, I have severe doubts regarding this procedure's chance of success.
Despite this and the fact that the the credibility of this whole thing is little to none, I do hope for the patient's sake that it somehow works anyway.
That and the shitstorm that would commence in the medical ethics committee.

No "move and behave as normal" as of 2017. In fact, no stories of nervous systems successfully connected.
These were accounts of head B being grafted onto animal A with head A still in charge.

If you've evidence of "success", please cite sources.

Sorry. "Elderly billionaires" was and I should have made that clear.

No offense taken user, I do agree with your criticism of that post.

man krip has seen some better days

holy kek

Crossfit, not even once

If I was an elderly billionaire, riddled with many inoperable cancers and close to death, I would certainly pay for this procedure if I thought it had a reasonable chance of success

Even leaving the operation as a paraplegic, but a viable brain-sustaining body, would be preferable to whatever small amount of time I may have had left in my previous sinking ship

KEK