Aether

>Aether
>Humorism
>Alchemy

What are some modern scientific or mathematic principles like these that will be blown the fuck out and look ridiculous in the future?

There's no field of science where we have no idea what we're doing and we're fishing newly discovered waters. So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's nothing in modern science that'll be completely btfo in the future.

Neuroscience. I have no doubt that the multi-billion dollar connectomics projects currently underway will be viewed as the biggest scam in scientific history within the end of the century.

Aether gave birth to physics
Humorism to medicine
Alchemy to chemistry
They weren't quack sciences anymore than stonemasons in the middle ages were quack engineers. They played a very important part in history that autists like you have a lot of trouble understanding

>implying Aether won't make a glorious comeback once the current nu-scientists irrationally hating it die off.

bait
You know what would've been better than alchemy? Chemistry.

i'm baiting, because you're too stupid to be aware of the human condition? this is why i cannot stand the people around me in college, most of stem students are like you, absolutely clueless about life
there is no chemistry without alchemy first, just like there could be no boeings without the wright brothers first, or like there could be no relativity without egyptians formalizing the ideas behind measuring their land after floodings by the nile

>there is no chemistry without alchemy first
Orly? That's the only way it could've happened? Quackery is a necessity?

String theory

Kinsey

Long term climate prediction models. It is unquestionably beyond our current scientific ability to model meteorological events years/decades in the future.

>meteorological events
>climate

"""dark""" energy/matter
zero point energy

Both are already cult tier and ridiculed by actual scientists.

No, AGW is still the prevailing scientific view.

>meteorological events are unrelated to the climate

I pity you.

By definition uhhhh doy
Well they are related but not the same

prime """"formulas"""""

climate models dont model meteorological events by definition
K?
Actually they do, monsoon circulations, ENSO
but I think that's only based on orbital shizzz
I guess I'll find out, I'm taking climate modelling this term bois

Dark matter. Maybe the reason those giant detectors essentially can't detect it, is because we're doing it all wrong.

Just no sorry. Peano.

quantum mechanics
it's like geocentric astronomy

I think that gender "reassignment" surgery will end up being looked at the same way we now look at lobotomies. Treatments for mental conditions that you can't reverse are just irresponsible with our current understanding of the brain.

lobotomies actually worked though, better to have a chunk of your brain missing and still keep most abilities thanks to its plasticity than being confined to an insane asylum for the rest of your life

Yeah but it was way too extreme and prone to complications, kind of just as bad. And they would use it to treat everything.

Are you not aware that where we are now is the results of all the accumulated knowledge throughout history? The interest in such things is what allowed us to get where we are, wrong or right alchemy got people interested in how the world works and allowed them to realise that it was wrong and that they needed to find the truth differently. Newton was an alchamist.

This, things got out of hand. They were treating people from wealthy families with them for just being eccentric, because their little quirks were too embarrassing for the family to handle. Rosemary Kennedy was given one because she was an edgy teenager, everyone on Veeky Forums would get one back in the day.

>lobotomies actually worked though
Just like leg amputation solves ingrown nails. Some people would turn into zombies, with no emotions and just traces of their past personality.

The people that saw these results as satisfactory were truly creeps and should have there names run through the dirt.

I don't think so. That was the best they could have done back in the day. Also, without all the things they learned with that, neurosurgery wouldn't be as sophisticated as it is today.

People experiment with time, and they usually kill ad ideas. That's why I don't shit on Marx or the first USSR leaders, and I'm your stereotypical aluminium foil hat conservative.

Except stonemasons can build structures. An aetherist, a humourist, an alchemist literally can't do anything. Completely useless.

nigga u know how hard it was for people to get over it?

And for a good reason. It was real all along.

>being that disrespectful to the disciplines that paved the way for modern science
Newton would smack your bitch mouth

What an excellent case in point. One of the greatest minds in history pissed away the majority of his time and effort on nonsense that accomplished literally fucking nothing.

alchemy began formalizing the ideas behind chemical interactions, that disdain for the past that you autists have is fedora tipping tier

Yeah but c'mon, alchemy was still wrong right? I don't understand.

Tell that to a chunk of cement floating in mercury bitch

Alchemy is the protoscience that led to chemistry.

These aren't ridiculous, given the knowledge at the time. Hindsight is (almost) 20/20.

It was wrong, but it was still research done to understand the world, and it laid down the bases for chemistry.

Aether makes lots of sense, I don't think it does or will look silly in the future. It was a plausible hypothesis but eventually thrown out because MM experiment. That's science.

I agree with dark energy but not zero point energy.

Philosophy is already going through this

Thank you. I’m always amazed at people defending such invasive procedures when the issue is clearly psychological.

People dose hormones like they’re candy and tote it like a great advancement in equality. Friend, this is self-mutilation

womens studies
gender studies
nigger studies
sjw studies
fat studies etc

You sound like that dude in the early 1900s who said that physics was "finished". The first step towards wisdom is accepting you know noting, asserting we've already got most of reality figured out is just flat out wrong.

All idealistic theories based on their author's imagination rather than materialism will be revised. This includes relativism and quantum mechanics

Chemistry is literally alchemy.

The entirety of contemporary cosmology.

>any of that
>scientific

Probably string theory. By which I mean it'll end up being a toy model for something more complicated.

This. Mutilating someone's genitals in response to their psychiatric troubles is... Not advanced medicine.

dark matter and energy so fucking much.
It is the modern aether.

Instead of looking for the flaws in our understanding of gravity, somebody comes up with this bs and somehow convinces everybody

>Aether
You know Einstein was an aether guy right?

Alchemy wasnt totally useless. Chemical reactions were being performed and creating useful materials. Yes, things like the philosophers stone and immortality potions were areas of interest that never yeilded results but there are some processes in chemistry today that have been largely unchanged since achemists invented them. Not many, but some.

>thinks physics is "finished" when we know very little about atoms
>thinks his opinion matters

I'd ask who this idiot is, but he is unimportant and currently only remembered for being an imbecile. One day he will be forgotten and the world will be better for it.

>Psychology