/sqt/ Smart Questions Thread

This thread is for questions that are very smart desu, but dont deserve their own thread.

P=NP?

is it OK to poast a smrt qustn in sqt (stupid questn thret)?
Tanks

Homo Ponderiensis
>because it's pondering something

p = np
p = 0
n = 0
0 x 0 = 0
therefore p = np

next

no

done, all questions answered.

Will this thread reach bump limit?

If men are as smart as women then why are they oblivious to the tricks we play on them?

What is the big-O complexity of humanity researching and creating a unified theory of physics?

O(1), since it's a fixed task that doesn't scale based on any parameters.

if it does i will burn down Veeky Forums hq because they are jealous of how smart these questions are.

Men are smarter than women, but traps are smarter than men, because men are oblivious to the fact that traps aren't women, and that they are also not gay.
Intelligence wise, Traps > Men > Women.

>Big O notation is used in Computer Science
>Computer science
Ask that at stupid questions.

Done. All questions answered.

because men are so resilient your 'tricks' are like a hummingbird pecking at an elephant

the last time i took that eye cue test i got 95 out of 100, almost perfect score, am i smart like you guys now?

>only has an IQ of 95%
anyone with an IQ below 145% shouldn't be allowed to post here

>his IQ is 1.45
lmao, how can you even post?

Why does a mononeutron only last for 12 minutes?

If a man (or trap (traps are the smartest)) has testicles but does not have a penis, how would that person orgasm?

lost

What is rate of change? I don't understand it. What does it mean that a curve has a rate of change at a certain point? Please explain like I'm retarded, because I obviously am.

I think I'm scratching the surface of it tho, say a formula f(x)=sth gives me a y value for a certain x, depending on the formula, as I increase/move about with my x's, 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. I get different y values at those x points clearly, but those y values will rarely be in a "sequence" as the aforementioned x values, so instead of getting f(x)'s 2,4,6,8,10, I might be getting something as 4, 8, 16, 400, 1000, trillion, so would the rate of change in what I'm trying to convey be a description of how fast there is a change to y values dependent on me plugging in consecutive x (1,2,3,4...) values?

Like, I don't even know what I just said. I'm tackling calculus, and yeah. Can't wrap my head around it all. Also, how does an instantaneous rate of change even make sense? (please use whatever else but speed as an example, since I can understand when it's about speed but not when it's about anything else)

To find the distance of a point from origin, would you really just do
[math]
\sqrt{x^2 + y^2}
[/math]
?

No. I'd check which coordinate is the biggest, and do this (assuming it's x):
[eqn]\left|x\right|\, \sqrt{1 \,+\, \left(\frac yx\right)^2 \,+\, \left(\frac zx\right)^2}[/eqn]
That prevents the float value overflowing to infinity.

if you have a linear function f(x) = ax + b, it's reasonable to think that its "rate of change" is the same at all points, and is equal to the "a" coefficient - the function grows slower with smaller "a". the rate of change of an arbitrary function is then looking at the function like "if it was a linear function" and taking the "a" coefficient. this is precisely the derivative

If you move along a curve, what rate is the y-value increasing/decreasing at? If it is a flat line, the rate of change is zero. If it is a diagonal line, it is increasing at some rate. For instance, a function y=5x+3 is increasing at a rate of 5. For a parabola like y=2x^2+4x+1, the rate of change is 4x+4 (which was found by taking the derivative).

Now, you can also apply this to the rate of change of x, or the rate of change of any variable. So for example, if we put the linear equation from earlier in terms of x we get x=y/5-3/5, and if we derive this we get the rate of change of x, which is 1/5.

You should watch a youtube video on it. Try patrickjmt.

Thanks bro

Basically, the derivative at a certain point of interest is, for this much x I will get this much y, at this particular point. Or so. I think I fianlyl get it.

Yup! You can also have negative rates of change, like if you have y=-5x+3 the line is decreasing at a rate of five along the curve. So in that case its "for this much x, i will lose this much y"

You're almost at the top of the bell curve!!

Thanks! Also, checked

Has anyone done any work on defining coordinates and "metrics" (analogues thereof, that is) in the plane based on infinitesimal hexagonal tiling as opposed to the usual infinitesimal square tiling?

>the last time i took that eye cue test i got 95 out of 100, almost perfect score, am i smart like you guys now?

yes u are smart like us now

>Why does a mononeutron only last for 12 minutes?
because it just does

>If a man (or trap (traps are the smartest)) has testicles but does not have a penis, how would that person orgasm?

That very question has been confusing evolutionary quantum physicists for millennia. The currently accepted theory is that traps aren't two dimensional, but rather have a hidden third dimension which allows them to store cum without having testicles.

>What is rate of change?
nigga why the fuck you asking me I don't know tha fucks a rate of chains?

probably

no

Done. All questions answered.

Is it possible to have gravitational attraction without mass/energy involved? For example empty space has gravitational attraction because of curvature of space-time, but without actual mass in the area