I need more works like Beowulf

I need more works like Beowulf.

Is it the epitome of literature? Nothing else is as well made.

Also, is learning German and Norwegian the key to reading the great Anglo texts like Nibelung and such?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D7LZraKP6uw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_of_Gilgamesh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Which translation did you use?

McNamara

>as well made

My intention is surely not to antagonize, but on what level?

>Nibelungenlied
>Anglo text
wut?

Read Faust

nice counterspell faggot

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight

Roland
Lays of Rome
Tale of the Heike
The Song of My Cid
Illiad
Angli-Saxon Chronicle
Book of Judges 13-16
Niebelgunlied
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Livy until the sack of Rome in 376
Gilgamesh
Kalevala
Poetic Edda
Ypunger Edda
Burnt Njal
Egil's Saga
Volsungs

user may be "redpilled" and thus confused. Have pity.

Not a counterspell you fucking casual.
> Surgical Extraction

Also water margin, romance of the three kingdoms, and journey to the west

Originality and sheer reactionary elements
I just had that as an aside because they're similar to Beowulf.
I feel like I'll miss so much in translation
thanks cutie
yeah man. Used to play all the time, sold everything since I moved out of mam and paps after high school

Also, this fucking captcha is getting intricate. I just had to do 6 sets. Jesus

Grendel by John Gardner.

fucking this

read it, was pretty good. Looking for more "classical" works, though and not spin offs.

I'm not going to spell this shit out for you. Stay new, shithead

youtube.com/watch?v=D7LZraKP6uw

magic has some nice art

anything written before 1000 AD reads like Beowulf

>is learning German and Norwegian the key to reading the great Anglo texts like Nibelung and such?
No, you fucking mongoloid. If you want to be able to read shit written in Old High German, learn Old High German. If you want to read something in Old English, learn Old English.

what's the best language to learn for more like Beowulf? Old Norse?

Lay of Leithian, Kalevala

I'm not going to spell this shit out for you.
>completely different cards

I did anyway.

I was using it as example, the point is you can pay 2 life after they tap out for a counter spell and essentially rob their library of 3 counter spells

>rob their library of 3 counter spells
Using SE for this isn't really good. It's greatest function is information, as you get to look through that whole mother fucker after side board. And not only that, should really only be in for a, aptly, surgical usage.

I agree somewhat, maybe run 1 or 2 ...its too intuitive

Do you happen to know if this card has found its way into legacy elves decks? Though, it's sort of wicked fucking expensive. I know some decks already play a Taiga or something to facilitate that one legendary storm hate creature I can't fucking think of the name of.

underrated post

doubt its viable in legacy ...mostly just played it for fun online in commander trying to challenge myself...

> no odyssey

Nordic (Icelandic) most important works (in this order generally, but minor differences in themes):
>Burnt Njal
>Egils saga
>Grettis saga
>Gisla saga
>Laxdaela
>Völsungasaga

Old english. Although versions in icelandic from old norse do exist. Good luck learning old norse though, even icelanders have problems with understanding that shit sometimes.

>Read Faust
plz dont

LEGACY CAPTCHA
E
G
A
C
Y

How do I activate that? Does it work on a phone? Please hold my hand through this, I am not ready to figure it out on my own.

three options:

PREFERRED:
>use 4chanx in firefox (or ... chrome)
there's a little wrench in the top-left screen, go to the category "Posting and Captchas", then check "Use Recaptcha V1" (but not the one for starting threads)

other:
>iphone safari (maybe all mobile, idk) Veeky Forums
under settings, category "quotes & replying," click legacy captcha

>non-4chanx computer browser
first ask yourself, "why?" then go under the settings, where it should be identical to the mobile solution

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_of_Gilgamesh

>translations

>Also, is learning German and Norwegian the key to reading the great Anglo texts like Nibelung and such?

Learning Anglo-Saxon is the key. Would you learn Spanish in order to read a French book?

You can oufcourse just ignore most of humans history in literature if you wish to.

Thanks. The depth of your knowledge is only surpassed by the grace with which you offer it to those in need.