The universe's most retarded star is at it again:

The universe's most retarded star is at it again:
arxiv.org/abs/1801.00720
arxiv.org/abs/1801.00732
It's that KIC motherfucker that has considerably dimmed over the past century for no discernible reason, and which will randomly dim by up to 20% for a few days at a time. These papers grapple with the brief dips. The press releases aren't until tomorrow but these were uploaded early. Discuss:
>dust
>aliens?
>dust aliens

Other urls found in this thread:

earthsky.org/space/kic-8462852-tabbys-star-no-alien-megastructure?mc_cid=fdf6a6a53c&mc_eid=79bffe19a0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe the electrical universe model is the correct one.

what in the fuck is this author list

Bro it was a alien civ who died and out shit. Reply for this post and I will give detall

Go ahead, port your favorite video

It’s an alien elite spraying chemtrails at their star

I don't want to...

>abstract on 4th page
Good lord.

>model
Lolno. Random technobabble communicated solely though youtube is not a scientific model.

So is it like a fucked up cepheid variable star?

The Dyson swarm model is still the frontrunner.
>muh materialism

There was a war going on in that solar system.

Nope. Wavelength dependent obscuration points to scattering, dust.

Some large ship/object is between us and the star, and periodically dips in front of the star as it travels straight at us.

>Some large ship/object is between us and the star, and periodically dips in front of the star as it travels straight at us.
why would it abate from the 'straight' line at all? it should be constantly 'between' us - including any bending of the 'straight' in gravitational fields, of which I assume there are no consequential ones between us and this star anyway.

Because space-time is curved, plus remaining quantum fluctuation from the big bang.
Also it is possible it is using warp drive tech and the warp field fluctuates.

Gravitational influences from nearby stars it passes and interstellar medium. Unsymmetrical blackbody/thermal emissions, depending on if it is powered or not. Out in interstellar space it doesn't take much force to influence momentum. See the pioneer anomaly and keep in mind that is only in interplanetary space.

Hell, if it is a colony ship then it could just be from when the population all migrates every x years for the alien Olympics, changing the center of mass on the ship temporarily and slightly.

>Gravitational influences from nearby stars it passes
but this is what I meant. the shortest path to us, the no-sideways-forces-needed path to us, is the 'straight' line, the geodesic curve. it incorporates the gravitational distortions exactly. why would it not go alongside the geodesic curve i.e. including the effects of gravitational curvature?

>Because space-time is curved
yes, and the optimal path is alongside a geodesic curve, which means the ship would always be 'between' us and the star. 'between' here means that whatever contorted path the light from the star follows, the ship should follow that path exactly, i.e. it should always look like it is exactly occluding the light of the star.
not that I think the path in question would be that different from an euclidean straight line, because there aren't huge gravity wells along the way, but whatever.

The light from the star to us follows the optimal geodesic. So the space ship, if it is taking the quickest route, should also follow that same path.

Maybe the alien ship has hydraulics cause they're a race of pimps and its bouncing to a sick space beat

Or there was a war and all the demolished planets are huge clouds of debris that still orbit roughly the same way they did when they were solid

Light would travel the straight line path. However, the ship does not travel at the speed of light, so it "lags" behind the straight line path. It takes more time for passing stars to accelerate the mass than it does for them to accelerate light.

This lag would eventually build to the point the object would be flung off the straight line path completely unless it was corrected. To continuously correct this would be an inefficient waste of fuel because it would be time spent accelerating not directly towards us, so it would only be done periodically.

>Or there was a war and all the demolished planets are huge clouds of debris that still orbit roughly the same way they did when they were solid
they had to destroy the planets in order to save them.

maybe the star just fucking flickers you retards

So there's a periodically replenished source of dust so fine that it can be easily blown away by radiation pressure, that also happens to obscure the star to an enormous degree?

Even if it's not aliens, something very weird is going on.

my sides

it's the "anything but aliens" mindset at work. not the hypotheses themselves, because they just try to come up with scenarios more likely than aliens, as they should. I'm talking about the media, liberal arts majors shanghaied into writing for the Science column hailing every new article as "aliens finally debunked". the portal I'm getting my political news from must be confusing as fuck for regular readers because it keeps throwing in new theories about this star as definite truths, without bothering to ever mention why the previous theory isn't liked anymore.

dust
earthsky.org/space/kic-8462852-tabbys-star-no-alien-megastructure?mc_cid=fdf6a6a53c&mc_eid=79bffe19a0

Better explanation than dyson meme spheres or super fine dust.

Imagine if one of these weird phenomenon actually turned out to be aliens. All those scientists irrevocably btfo.

transparent planets?

>just fucking flickers
your JFF Theory has no supporting data

Jostling for a chance of a Nobel Prize.

That's not how it's "communicated" at all you dumb shit. Plasma cosmology is a thing, with papers on it in actual physics journals. It's just that it's not the dominant model. (Not even that guy btw.)

This is, surprisingly, the most reasonable post in this thread.

How retarded are you? We're literally looking at it.
>the anything but new physics mindset at work

To be fair, do you really browse Veeky Forums for reasonable posts?

Not really.

>The universe's most retarded star is at it again

Kek'd harder than I should have, thanks user