This book is spiritual gold. If you are a Christian, or even have any passing interesrt in spirituality...

This book is spiritual gold. If you are a Christian, or even have any passing interesrt in spirituality, you ought to read it. Here is an excerpt

>The second bonds of the spirit are imposed from the world and lie closer to the surface than the first. The world, with its concepts, principles and rules, in general with its entire system made into immutable law, lays a heavy, authoritarian hand on each of its offspring. As a result, no one dares even to think of rebelling against it or renouncing its power. Everyone venerates it and adheres to its rules with such timidity. A violation of these rules is considered as a criminal act. The world is not a person, but its spirit in some way stands firm on the earth, influences us, and holds us as if with bonds. It is evident that its power is psychological and imaginative, not real or physical. Consequently, one has only to dispel this imaginative power of the world, and the opportunity for abstaining from its charms becomes more likely for us. That is how salvific divine economy operates in us.

>It is with this purpose that it continually maintains two other sacred, divine worlds in the presence of the world and ourselves. Through them, divine economy constantly reiterates the emptiness of worldly life by calling it to our attention and allowing us to perceive it more keenly. The two divine worlds are visible nature and the divine Church. Experience shows how frequently the mind, obscured by worldly ways, becomes sober through contemplation of divine creation or by entering the Church. For example, a man standing at a window and looking at a tree in the winter came to his senses. Another man, after a disturbing conversation, and having sensed the sweetness of peace of mind in a church, abandoned his former ways and dedicated himself to the service of God.

More excerpts here: holytrinitymission.org/books/english/salvation_theofan.htm

Thanks for the suggestion brother, I'll pick it up.

What did he mean by this?

No, really. I can't figure out what this is trying to convey. I'm probably too dead inside to understand any sort of spirituality.

He means the Church and nature are two unwordly spheres that God placed for us within the world, and we can generally be woken up and brought back to focus by immersing ourselves in one or the other.

You will treasure it the rest of your life

The first paragraph is basically saying the world = pure ideology

What everyone calls "the world" is really a world wholly created by secular humanity. It isn't things as they really are. It's an illusion. It's a powerful illusion, but it's an illusion.

But the natural world is the world as it really is, and the supernatural world is the world as it really is. And through contemplating these natural and supernatural worlds, we can escape the illusion and arrive at what is real.

>The world, with its concepts, principles and rules, in general with its entire system made into immutable law, lays a heavy, authoritarian hand on each of its offspring. As a result, no one dares even to think of rebelling against it or renouncing its power
But that's not right. Secularism is the result of rebelling against that authority handed on each of its offsprings.

Theophan lived in 19th Century Russia. So I'm by "rebelling" you Satan's rebellion and the Fall of Man.

Guessing*
Mean*

What do I get if I follow the path in title? What is exactly "Salvation"?

Heaven. On earth. A unity with God and experience of the divine light

>It is evident that its power is psychological and imaginative, not real or physical.

Ok so... where is the evidence?

Makes me think what kind of naive, intellectually flaccid person is wooed by words like these. There is zero substance in any of these excerpts and it's clearly all bullshit

Does anyone have pdf? Had it once, but cant find it anymore

LICK MY BUTTHOLE GAYBOB GOD ISNT REAL!!!!

The link is basically an abridged version

But will it give meaning to existence on its own? It sounds just like a happy state. Would you take a drug designed to be happy that way?

It's an intense sorrow, A bright, beautiful sadness that induces a "fire of dispasion" , a trembling fear, and a zealous serenity. God is more intense than any drug.

>It is with this purpose that it continually maintains two other sacred, divine worlds in the presence of the world and ourselves. Through them, divine economy constantly reiterates the emptiness of worldly life by calling it to our attention and allowing us to perceive it more keenly.

Reminds me of what I read of Schopenhauer yesterday where he said that the existence of the eternal "thing in itself" within the individual is demonstrated by the individual's being able to soberly recognise he ephemerality of the temporal world he lives in because he has within his essential being a kind of reference point of eternity.

Would you fugg Andy????

What the fuck is that?

Sounds like my life right now, and I never read that book.

Why do easterners love the idea of opting out of earthly life so much? Surely we are here to do what we can otherwise we would be born straight into heaven.
Theres plenty of examples of Christian dynamism for example Constantine (is this another book recommendation from the tripper snipper himself?) or the concept of the knight which are a better examples to follow

>Theres plenty of examples of Christian dynamism for example Constantine

What do you mean by this?

It's on 8ch /pdfs/. Go there on catalog, search /christian/ and check at bottom of thread for it.

It's considered a calling, your purpose. Most don't have it, but perhaps a lot more do than who heed it. If you are able to recieve it, personal preference has nothing to do with it.