Are you on track Veeky Forums?

are you on track Veeky Forums?
if not, why not?

5 books completed, 4 books behind schedule.

3 out of 12. Right on schedule

I will unironically say I'm pretty sure only brainlets do this.

I'm quite a bit behind on my goal of 51. Had a devastating breakup, and a lot of stress with school, which caused me to not be able to focus very much. I'll catch up over the summer, though.

I'd like to read a hundred this year (it's a high number because I like to simply catalog everything I've read from a certain point in my life, this includes short story collections, novellas, and poetry collections), but I am not stressing over it. I just don't want to let myself idle watching like a twitch stream or asking Veeky Forums whether Pemulis got to see Kate Gompert's large breasts.

could be worse

9 books behind schedule. a combination of working on my own writing and losing a daily reading habit.

I've only just gotten into Veeky Forums I've eased myself into trying to complete 3 books. Was this a good idea or a bad idea?

30? Was this a screenshot from January or something?

Setting such goals is stupid. If you're going to do it though, you could try being half-stupid and set a number of pages as your pride and measure of your intellectual achievements. This way you won't feel inclined to read only shorter works and shy away from phonebooks in order to pump up your literary gainz.

not an argument

>Counting by book
>Not pages
You are all pathetic

pages is just as arbitrary, should use word count

>arbitrary number
>measure of anything

A lousy mind can find less enlightenment in a hundred books than a great mind could find in five.

Pages and wordcount are fucking bullshit, the right system would be for density of the work. And the density is quite subjective, but we could set it to average time per page for person, but there is no website to calculate that shit.
For example Wittgensteins TLP is EXTREMELY DENSE, but it is only 80 pages, but reading and understanding it can take weeks. But on the other side reading early Burroughs is pretty fun and goes much faster in comparison to Wittgenstein
tl;dr: there is no right way of measuring how much have you actually read

I've only read seven normal books, but over 50 kid's books this year so far.

On bed rest the next week though, which is making it easy to get a lot more read.

some words are longer than others. letters are the only valid measure.

some letters are useless, use phonemes

This is literally the sytsem they put in place in middle schools to try to keep kids reading

you can do that on goodreads too :^)

go back to plebbit fagtron

>are you on track Veeky Forums?

yes

I didn't set a reading destination in the first place so there is no possible way I can be on track to anywhere.

I'm all over the damn show for my writing destination.

Hi Sebastian, how's the membrane?

I am behind at the moment, however I have been reading a few quite long books this year. I have already read more than half the number of pages I did last year. That being said, being six books behind schedule is still a little depressing.

>Hi Sebastian, how's the membrane?

Still insane

>having a 'schedule' for a leisure activity you enjoy
why u do this? Do you also have a target number of movies to watch, beer to drink, shitposts to post?

This

literally yes

39/150.
Doing good so far. I hope that I'll be able to keep up when the next semester starts.

Based on this graph I predict that you will die in 2019.

I live a very ordered life. I track my books food exercise and drinks. Otherwise its sitting on the computer drinking beer all day