I've spent a lot of time studying mathematics and philosophy...

I've spent a lot of time studying mathematics and philosophy. I was wondering if anyone could give their opinion on whether science is actually worth the trouble. The ultimate outcome of science is quality of life, with the fall out being the development of new mental disorders on the public, climate change, more severe wars, and on and on. Social injustice was backed by science, and still is today. Given religion has the benefit of improving the w\quality of life, with much less intense fall out, I ask you, is it worth it?

>Social injustice was backed by science
How?

>Given religion has the benefit of improving the w\quality of life
Religion developed anesthetics, cures for common diseases, and agricultural techniques that drastically lower starvation rates? No. Not comparable at all.

Even if you ignore all of that, science offers the possibility of escaping Earth's impending destruction by the sun's red giant phase.

>How?
Racial Theory, Eugenics, supply side economics, all exploitative, and based in science.

You can't just say that anesthetics, cures for common disease and lowering starvation rates is incomparably above and beyond the quality of life provided by religion, and expect it to be so. Very unscientific.

We're not going to be able to escape the impending destruction of the universe itself, so I ask again, is it worth it?

To each line in this post:

a.) Those are pseudo-sciences. b.) people would find excuses to be xenophobic/greedy even if science weren't a thing, it's simply human nature.

Yes I can.

You don't know that.

>all based on science

To each line in this post:
All 3 examples used the scientific method, and are only considered not scientific due to social influences, The data is still there for each, and is sound by scientific means.

I you can do that, then I can say that the quality of life giving hope after death is more a\important than any suffering in life, and death itself, Since we're just saying shit to say it.

I don't you're right, but you don't know the sun will red shift either, you just have evidence that it probably will.

Great arguments, I though smart people hung out here.

They each used the scientific method, and got good results. I don't know what else you want.

>the quality of life giving hope after death is more a\important than any suffering in life, and death itself
sounds exactly like something who has never experienced debilitating disease or starvation would say.

Looks like I'd better check my able bodied privilege.

Still better than not existing in my opinion.

>they used the scientific method
I call into doubt all scientific work done in all of those fields.
They weren't motivated by academic curiousity so they may be tainted by the evils of bias and agenda.

Your opinion is worthless.

>Science isn't science when I don't like it.
I'm proposing the hypothesis that science is more detrimental than religion. My "opinion" is based on facts.

The Earth is flat. It's based on science!
>ignoring science
SCIENCE

Brainlets like you are why firing squads should still be a thing. >>>Tumblr

You guys are shit at this.

>Can't tell the difference between theories and facts

Theres a picture of the earth as a globe.

Firing squads are still a thing. God damn, everyone in here is fucking retarded.

this should be in philosophy, none of you wankers know what you're fucking talking about

And there's pictures of the earth as flat

I can't fathom why anyone would come here to shitpost about math and science in a bait thread

Didn't you just shitpost in a bait thread?

Do you not understand why you do what you do?

You've clearly made up your mind already and aren't looking to have it changed.

How is Ethiopia?