Name a better physics textbook

Name a better physics textbook
>you literally cannot

I mean it's good but it's hardly the best. It may be the most comprehensive for sure

looks awful, it's not a textbook either

*blocks your path*

W...what's that?

GOAT RIGHT HERE

>new york times betseller
>pop sci
>good

>susskind
>pop sci
kys retard

isn't this meant for grad students?

If you are in America? Sure

no, i'm in a very good and high level uni, currently taking classical mechanics. do you think i could have a look at it? gonna learn lagrangians and hamiltonians in the next semester

What the hell is this book about?

A better textbook than the one OP posted.

hello undergrad

I bet this is a textbook you've to read for your class.

2nd this book

Is this a joke? All these introductory books are the same and they're all shit. They have a hundred examples of finding what a spherical ball does in incredibly similar situations but all require there own 'formula' for finding the solution because the class is taught without calculus or with some calculus but no diff eqs.

There is a reason this text is 600+ pages yet far more advanced physics texts which cover far more material are way shorter. (Griffiths e&m, Taylor classical mechanics, feynman lectures, ...). Books like these cover far too many topics and briefly, and poorly explain those topics. There is absolutely no reason for this book to include a section on relativity. No engineer who reads this book is actually going to understand relativity from it and they likely have no reason to be learning it in the first place.

Landau-Lifshitz - book for russian students (mostly for graduates). They use it in best russian universities such as MIPT and MSU. It has X volumes and it's the first one (mechanics)

>It has X volumes

Unironicallly enjoying this, best seven bucks I ever spent. My only complaints are funky outdated notation and not enough treatment of general relativity, but it's very well written.

I'm in my final year of mathematics undergrad, and I have a basic understanding of functional analysis, partial differential equations and measure theory. I want to learn physics as a hobby. Where should I start?

Physics for Mathematicians: Mechanics I by Spivak
Quantum Theory for Mathematicians (Graduate Texts in Mathematics) by Hall
Quantum Mechanics for Mathematicians (Graduate Studies in Mathematics) by Takhtajan

I think you are retarded. The aim of the book is completely different from what the ones you've mentioned. I don't like the book personally, maybe because I've already knew everything it has to offer by the time I got it (and I made it through 6 tomes of Landau).

But your post shows that you have completely misunderstood the purpose of the book, which is surprising to me. Maybe you are more engineer-oriented and have never touched theor phys, or retarded, or both.

B E T S E L L E R

>A number of years ago I became aware of the large number of physics enthusiasts out there who have no venue to learn modern physics and cosmology. Fat advanced textbooks are not suitable to people who have no teacher to ask questions of, and the popular literature does not go deeply enough to satisfy these curious people. So I started a series of courses on modern physics at Stanford University where I am a professor of physics. The courses are specifically aimed at people who know, or once knew, a bit of algebra and calculus, but are more or less beginners.