Skeptic, atheist, etc. books

Allo? I wanna feel euphoric.

what are the best atheist books or just books in general that get that noggin jogging.

Get Kaufman's portable Nietzsche. Don't waste your time with new atheist crap.

But why? Why would you? You don't need to study atheism or its origins, it's not like some guy did a world changing thing over athiesm. You don't even need a book to argue for athiesm.

It's simple: Religiousfags are idiots for believing in magic and are illogical.

>Atheism is the default position.
Please read a book

Start with Spinoza's Ethics, then no one can fuck with you.

Not exactly what I mean.

More like the books that made you reflect on your beliefs rather than books for people that already have those beliefs

k?

like what was that book that really made u think and change your perspective to your current skeptisism

tnx

david hume - dialogues concerning natural religion

I already am. What's your point?

Pic related made me re-think my atheism through Montaigne's skepticism

But that's what it is. It presents the for and against of religious arguments.

Pic related is good if you want arguments for a God of nature as opposed to a God of religion.

>Paine
Tips fedora

>It's simple: Religiousfags are idiots for believing in magic and are illogical.
>senpai thinks it's about "m'logic, m'lady"
Le sigh. Logic isn't even a vital part of religion or atheism. No logic needed at all to prove/believe or "disprove" god.

spinoza unironically awoke me from my dogmatic slumber

>I already am
Good answer to a "read a book" comment

>spinoza unironically awoke me from my dogmatic slumber

>implying that you weren't innocent and youthful when you were a christian
>implying atheism hasnt made you more pretentious
>implying you are more alive/awake now than then

Spinoza wasn't an atheist.

Good.

have..have you read Spinoza? Are you... implying...that Spinoza... was an...atheist?

Whether or not Spinoza was an atheist is beside the point. His Ethics laid the foundation for modern atheist thought, so it's a good place to start.

I mean something that makes you atheist rather tan what an atheist would read m8

b

u

Raed le bibble

m

At least you accept that its a lie. Good

You missed my point completely. What i meamt was that you don't need logic when it comes to faith, because there's nothing to gain by it.

That's sort of a personal thing tho, no? I mean something as deep as that will be different for everybody else. And if a single book persuades anybody that much one way or another I question their seriousness in studying the issue.

Sure. But dont avoid my point.

p

e

The two books that most made me rethink my faith as a teenager were probably Atlas Shrugged and Left Behind.

Your faith in your own taste?

Because I'd be questioning mine if I picked shit books like that

Justifying divinity is like justifying beauty or authority.

I didn't say I'd recommend them, but OP asked.

tenks moi l8r

I think the youtube comment section on Amazingatheist videos might be the right level for you OP.