Welcome to Veeky Forums, where you're only allowed to read the Iliad, Gravity's Rainbow...

>Welcome to Veeky Forums, where you're only allowed to read the Iliad, Gravity's Rainbow, and the complete works of Neitzche, and you better fucking hate them. If you have any fun at all while reading, youre doing it wrong. If you read for the plot or charaters, you must be uneducated and retarded. If you dont have a complete and comprehensive understanding of all philosophy you are a worthless waste of life. Now shut up and let me talk down to you so I can continue to feel surperior despite being a neckbeard NEET.

Brainlet fags aren't welcome here. Go back.

Don't be so bogged down by this, there's some good discussion to be had here. Scarce, but good.

What they fuck do we read for if not plot and characters? Prose?

are you me? nice to meet me. i'm reading some comfy dickens, and you?

he's got a point

wuzze reading? tha looks like fear and loathing.

No way! I just started tale of two cities. And also midway through the myth of sisyphus

>he thinks Veeky Forums is too elitist
Only an insecure psued could come to this conclusion, if anything Veeky Forums isn't elitist enough

i told you you're me. no sisyphus, but i am leafing through pickwick papers. i have to remember how to ride this bike, so much disuse. i can barely read without whispering aloud. eventually i'll be back in it all, craven mimic that i am.

>i just dont have any friends because i find theres nobody i can relate to on an intellectual level
You in high school

>projecting this hard
Congrats on your newfound self-awareness.

so your farts smell nicer when you huff them.

make christ-shitposting and altright-shitposting a permaban offence and watch the earnestness of discussion rise

Syphilis, more like

>the myth of syphilis
sounds like a good title for a modern tale of ghetto crackselling.

prose and philosophical undertones

New here. People unironically like the Iliad? That shit reads like scripture.

>pugs are pseuds
always figured that desu

>complete works of Nietzsche
>not the first few pages dealing with the Ubermensch and then discarding the rest

I too am an anti-intellectual masquerading as a fighter against psuedo-intellectualism

Scripture can be pretty badass though

2 Maccabees 14:41-46
>When the troops were about to capture the tower and were forcing the door of the courtyard, they ordered that fire be brought and the doors burned. Being surrounded, Razis fell upon his own sword, 42 preferring to die nobly rather than to fall into the hands of sinners and suffer outrages unworthy of his noble birth. 43 But in the heat of the struggle he did not hit exactly, and the crowd was now rushing in through the doors. He courageously ran up on the wall, and bravely threw himself down into the crowd. 44 But as they quickly drew back, a space opened and he fell in the middle of the empty space. 45 Still alive and aflame with anger, he rose, and though his blood gushed forth and his wounds were severe he ran through the crowd; and standing upon a steep rock, 46 with his blood now completely drained from him, he tore out his entrails, took them in both hands, and hurled them at the crowd, calling upon the Lord of life and spirit to give them back to him again. This was the manner of his death.

I think OP deliberately "forgot" Infinite Jest and the Greek memes. Do you want to tell us something, hun?