Saw Neil today at Stuyvesant

>Saw Neil today at Stuyvesant
>He was there for his son's show
>Was wearing a big ass hat to cover his face, obviously trying to avoid attention
>He was tired af, looked dodgy, just wanted to get the fuck out of there, literally JUST
>Went to shake his hand, greet myself
>He looks at his phone and at me before saying hello and walking away with his wife
>His son took the fucking train home

Wtf happened to this guy

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-saw-flying-lotus-in-a-grocery-store-copypasta
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Suicide watch.

Got accused of ghb rape so keeping a loe profile so media dont jump on him.

Look on google if u dont believe.

He peaked and it's all downhill from here.

shoutout to all my stuy lads

>Got a taste of 10 minutes of fame as a graduate student
>Wasted the next 3 decades of his life trying to get more
>Never achieved anything of note in his life

Except date rape.

>Google this
>It's actually real
So I guess Colbert and Hollywood in general will also cut ties with Tyson just like they did with Louis, right?

Whats ur point

Raping is not and should not be a crime.
Women just want more power in society.

Holy fuckin shit

>look at me I have not argument so I am just going to act shocked to try and sway the social climate
If this wasn't Veeky Forums I would think you were a girl

Honestly I'd wager its more likely the fact he's probably tired of people coming up and bothering him when he's just trying to do a normal dad thing. You'd want to hide too if you got mobbed by reddit everywhere you went.

Hopefully they do but the accusations are just flimsy enough for his apologizers to look the other way. I'm sorta surprised he wasn't called out on it during the recent explosion of people coming forward over shitty things famous people did that got brushed aside/ covered up.

Loool what?

>Hopefully they do but the accusations are just flimsy enough for his apologizers to look the other way. I'm sorta surprised he wasn't called out on it during the recent explosion of people coming forward over shitty things famous people did that got brushed aside/ covered up.
Yeah, I was really surprised there were no videos about how Neil should step down, even if it's flimsy wasn't the whole point of their message that you should believe the accuser first? So why isn't he being called out? I don't wanna say it's cause he's a black man in science, cause I really hope that's not the reason, maybe they just figured it was an attempt to slander him or something, then again they didn't give that Nobel laureate the same respect and he just made one 'off color' joke which was ironically proved correct by the ensuing shitstorm it caused, same with that one guy on the rosetta mission

Did you read what the accuser said? Her story doesn't make sense, she describes a date rape experience of a drug that wasn't made at the time, the time she claimed she was at UT Austin it's dubious whether Tyson was even there, she says she was in a class that doesn't exist (Galactic astronomy) and she now promotes pseudoscience.

I'm all for knocking down predatory people, but to me, this seems like a tragedy of false memory, a mixed story, or, at worse, a malicious hit job.

It's also well documented that people who date rape often do it multiple times, and after 30 some years there's only one, questionable claim?

All I'm saying is the evidence is flimsy and it seems right to me that this story has basically been ignored by all major news outlets, as it should. If more people come forward and have more corroborating evidence then rev up those pitchforks.

I've actually fully read the article now, yeah I can see now that there are a lot of issues with her story. A little weird though, like of all people to try and make a fake rape story about, why Tyson? It's like if someone made up a story about how Brian Greene called them some racial slur, like what do you gain from this? Ya think you're gonna get a bunch of money from Greene? You won't even become famous cause he's not even a household name.

I think it just didn't get seen by the right people and if I recall correctly she didn't actually come forward again to repeat her claims and so it was left to those who already knew about them to link to a single old blog post. Add to that the fact that, as far as I know, its pretty much just one women rather than a pattern like other men had and there really isn't much to throw at him.

Maybe someone can get Hannibal Buress to slip it into his stand up. People reposting one of his bits is what helped bring down the law onto Cosby.

BEGON THOT

Rape is a crime against the owner of the woman. If she is married, her husband. If she isn't married, her father.

> Stuyvesant
As in the high school in lower Manhattan?

>Stuyvesant
>t. poor non-white with pushy parents

Try some protein in your diet

I saw Neil DeGrasse Tyron at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Exactly lile a rapist.

this can't be real

It's very real, just look at your screen

is this a pasta? i swear i've read something like this before

im paraphrasing quotes from one of his lectures
>i'm not a real scientist
>i do science stuff as a hobby
>i'm a normal person who pays bills
>and has a house
>and a job (he sounded exasperated when he said this)
>and sometimes people pay me to talk about science

>caring about "science communicators"

knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-saw-flying-lotus-in-a-grocery-store-copypasta