I sell drugs and scam people, I seduce women and break their heart...

I sell drugs and scam people, I seduce women and break their heart, I'm an asshole and yet everybody likes me and the worst is I choose to be this kind of person without any particular reason. I come from an academic family (my dad is a professor of medicine), I'm healthy, young and good-looking. I'm not living a hedonistic life-style as you would assume, because I don't do those things for my enjoyment (most of the time it's tough), I do them to overcome this boring life.
Being manipulative is fun, but in the very end it makes me feel bad. Not because of feelings of guilt, rather because it just feels cheap. There must be somthing more.

So my question is how to become an ethical person without self-mutilation? Fiction or non-fiction, I look forward to your input, but don't tell me about the stoics.

I manipulate people because I'm afraid of being manipulated by others.

Which means you're already manipulated.

The Ascetic Homilies of Saint Isaac the Syrian

Do (you) really choose to be 'that sort of person'? I mean, in the same way (you) chose to tell about it, and make an appeal?

>ascetics

What kind of question is this?

Choices to me seem so temporary. Habits, on the other hand, are like addictions. Meaning, in my own life I've been caught up in patterns that haven't really hurt me socially. I wouldn't call my being caught up in them 'choices'.

If you put it that way, nearly everything what I do is my own choice. I don't do drugs myself and I don't even need the money I get from selling them.
Like I said, this overprotected and compulsive life-style we all face day to day is boring and that's why I do inane and risky things.

>Also, I do not exist.

That would be new for me.

nice larp.

Read the picture of dorian gray. Dorian Gray is just like you.

Finally a constructive post. Thanks man.

That sounds like the plot of a cliche ridden teenage novel.

Well, at least my life is worthy enough to write about it.

Are you also more intelligent than all of the peasants around you and they can't even begin to fathom your depths?

I'd start first with learning about how moral reasoning happens in the brain. Kahneman's Thinking Fast and Slow is very good laymans literature on the subject.

So how do you become moral without physically harming yourself? Why would you need to in the first place? I'm assuming you meant metaphorical mutilation. I truly hope I never meet you. Nor my sister or future wife nor daughter nor son nor anyone else I care about. If you're truly what you say and you feel no guilt, I hope for the day you off yourself. Sociopaths like you should do so.

Normally I would never state that I'm better than other people around me but after reading your post I'm pretty sure you're dumb.

Thanks.

Of course I meant it metaphorically. What you wrote there is quite mean, but I get what you want to say to me. I feel guilt and that's why I want to change. I'm not a sociopath, my behavior is the result of trying to life while being bored all the time.

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

You're just a scumbag trying to romanticize his own bullshit. A jail cell won't care about your existencial crisis though.

You're both wrong.

No we're not, you're just a manchild diva that's only going to grow up once he actually faces some consequences for his actions and realizes that his life isn't a novel.

>I'm an asshole and yet everybody likes me
That's because nobody cares enough about you to actually give any thought to the shit you do let alone your intentions.

Who said I've never faced consequences for my actions?

Whew lad I didn't know they let self aggrandising children post here. Thanks OP for this insightful thread.

Guys, I'm here for some literature recommendations but all you do is to judge me. You don't know me.

How about you stay on the topic? Otherwise you're free to leave.

Making fun of spoiled children is too much fun to resist.

>post a bunch of shit about what a terrible person he is
>cries when people talk about what a terrible person he is

Stick to the subject or leave. Did I ask you for your opinions?

This fucking guy. For a moment I actually thought he was being serious.

I would bet you 100$ you're not that good-looking or popular, and you're definitely not some kind of an alpha. My guess is, you find some cheap, ugly girls with low self-esteem, who haven't gotten together with anyone above a local bum, and then you get their hopes up and screw them over. You don't "sell drugs and scam people", you once ripped off your acquaintance on some dirt weed you sold him, he didn't even notice it or he just didn't want to make a fuss about that small a quantity.

I was the same as you, so I know how it feels. I, too, was bragging about my degenerate achievements and though myself to be a cool, suave motherfucker. I thought I was making other anons jealous, but then I realized I was doing it because that was the only contact I've had left. Not the tramps I was fucking, not the pretend friends I would smoke weed with and watch Youtube videos we've already seen a hundred times, definitely not my oblivious family. We're not living good lives, we're just too far gone to care. Maybe I'm just projecting, but I swear this OP reads like I literally wrote it. Good luck.

If you were really interested in anything but talking about yourself, you would have just asked the question at the end of your post. No need for the biography at the beginning.

That sounds rough. I have the luck (?) to live and study in a pretty stable enviroment and I have many plans for the future. No, we're not two of a kind but I wish you the best.

So do I. My parents are somewhat wealthy.

Yes, maybe I should try this on another day. This thread is poisoned.

I'm not at that level of need, but I understand how one could be, and (you) present yourself with having the tools to meet that need. For me, books have been a surrogate existence from a very young age, and adequate. I venture out (when I do) and almost immediately retreat back in, for want of anyone to talk to. Somehow my life has managed to keep both an interest and an intensity though I do what I can to live it alone. This may sound stupid, but I think my brain approves of whatever it is I've managed to become. I say this because I think many if not most are sadly subject to disapproving brains, i.e. their own.
Blow your mind with Sloterdijk's mammoth new (in English) trilogy: Bubbles, Globes, Foam.

You're depressed. You fill the void with bullshit. You need the Tao.