youtube.com/watch?v=rvrZJ5C_Nwg
youtube.com/watch?v=aXPjyXqwq64
youtube.com/watch?v=tOcu-rJs8B0
youtube.com/watch?v=LhS2jIQMuwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this
youtube.com/watch?v=rvrZJ5C_Nwg

My mom, no DL and I'm 23 :(

Learning for its own sake, and I've always wanted to know how the thing I'm studying works in real life. I find it really cool that this thing that used to be magic in my head can be traced all the way down to explainable levels

Optimism about future and technological progress. I'll probably be disappointed but for now I find it very motivating.

The hope that I'll find something that drives me other than this hope.
I had once established that knowledge was the greatest good and I wanted to become the most intelligent, well-educated guy I could possibly become, but I don't believe that anymore and I'm not sure what ideal will replace it. I still read books and study at a uni, but most of my time is wasted because I wouldn't know how to spend it in a way that's worthwhile.

What's DL?
Anyways I'm on the same boat, 23 and decided to end up fucking around and make something good out of me, for my sake, and my family.
Also I'm wondering in what kind of world I'll end up when I finish my degree or something. I guess that it will be more Deus Ex-esque than it is today (even more so), and given the case I'd rather be like T.Tong or something alike.
Also I wanna help both my mother country and the one I live in in some meaningful way.

nothing
I'm just killing time until it kills me

What do you do while you're alive?

Dopamine I think

just follow my routine

ATP hydrolysis

glycolysis dweeb

A desire to see and experience new things, and in depth rather than through holidays. It has had its costs but all in all it has been worth it so far.

My 2003 Toyota Corolla

>The car drives me.
I prefer to drive my car.

Changes every two weeks. Sometimes it's delayed and I stay in "depression" longer.

It used to be just that I want to better myself in every way possible, being extremely proactive about a lot of things.
But now its just to get away for shitty blood relatives including mother,father,sister who are money crazed people who would sell each other for the big dollar.
I'm kind of an outlier and I enjoy things for what they are and having fun being better is the goal for me. Unfortunately that will have to wait until I earn money to live alone.
Its worth it.

Guess I feel like my parents and the government have invested too much in me at this point, and it would be a dick move to commit sudoku without giving back first.

And routine.

i drives me?

No, i drive

NO I DO

Amphetamines and the sunken cost fallacy mostly.

Some stealthy aliens will survive longer than humans. Lucky fuckers.
Maybe the real god sends us all to hell after we die. Lucky bitch. Humans, take them all!

fear

The prospect of immortality and an insatiable appetite for knowledge.

Not him but Drivers Licence.

Denial

If you don't study for the sake of studying, you're not gonna make it.

The fact that I'm gonna be a billionaire some day.

Get on my level.

I have been there mostly (Physics rather than Chemistry) but I got into industry before poverty got too overwhelming. While I didn't mainline on EDTA I did get my fair share of radiation accidents, electrocutions and metal poisoning complete with trips to the hospital/doctors/radiation protection officers and more.

No kids though, that is spot on. The train left the station years ago.

Still, I had a good time between the accidents and only have some minor permanent damages.

ATP

the huge rock, gotta roll it up

>The hope that I'll find something that drives me other than this hope.
iktf

I want to become a Warrior King and save the world, by instilling peace through extreme order! Non meme answer is... dunno, man. "Power", fame, whatever. I'm not in love with science, it's a tool to be used in order to improve the world and your position in it while learning about "creation" itself. I don't wanna be stuck in a lab, I want to find/create/come up with something, set up my own company and take it from there.

Glad to hear you got out I guess.

The Adderall really has me fucked up. When I take it I really enjoy my project and find what I'm doing really motivating and interesting and I'm happy to be pursuing the PhD. Every once in a while though I'll stop taking it for a month or two just to give myself a break and during that time its awful. I'll hate what I'm doing, find everything boring and I'm horrified at the fact that my "doped-up" self has committed me to 5 more years of this.

I have a proper diagnosis and prescription and everything so now I cant figure out if deep down I actually do enjoy this sort of stuff and just need the help to get myself organized, or if I actually don't give a shit about it and my entire post-secondary career has been a big chemical-induced lie.

If anyone is thinking of abusing it just to "make it through undergrad" I'd advise against it, just so you don't accidentally spend years of your life working towards a goal that you're not actually all that interested in achieving.

Make lots of money. Save the world. Have some adventures. Get the girl. I'm still operating with a childhood dream, but fuck it, whatever keeps you going, right? I mean, in the end, that's all we have.

Thirsty for justice. So thirty.

presently, nothing

even if i do everything right, a life of wageslaving and isolation is all it will amount to

>so thirty
Are you more thirty than most?

Yeah Adderall fucking sucks but it gets me or of bed in the morning so I keep taking it

My little sister. I gave up after failing the test 3 times, it was more than my anxiety can handle.

u think u can fukin run off just some mothafucking anerobic respirtation u fuckin dumb piece of shti u know u fuckn get lactic acid all up in yo shit nigga u better watch the fuck out and remmeber to breathe mothafucka imma hit u

ayy my nigga sisy

A lot of things drive me. One is the fear of failure (not like my experiments getting negative results for a little bit kind of failure, more like none of my gradschool choices accept me and everyone looks down upon me kind of failure).
Another is the prospect of me making the world a better place by using my knowledge to build new things. I see myself as not an engineer but a tinkerer, treading through unknown waters with only a single piece of information, and using my wits to end with something useful.
I also absolutely hate when people think they are better than me, so I go ham to show that they need to adjust their attitudes when thinking about other people.

Avoiding suffering, seeking pleasure, and boredom

>9418034
ego (understanding something is a challenge for me). I wonder when some failure really hits me hard.
also fear of the shitty future if I had taken other route
surrounding yourself with cheesy inspirations is cringy but helps a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=aXPjyXqwq64

What?

ikr. sometimes i really can't tell if it's a bot, a particularly dull and/or weird human, or an ESL poster

Hatred
youtube.com/watch?v=tOcu-rJs8B0

youtube.com/watch?v=LhS2jIQMuwU

If you dont study for the sake of studying for studying, youre not gonna make it

same, I like to think a lot of people do this, we just never say it

Thanks for the vid, confirms my deterministic worldview. Also makes sense when it comes the omnipotent god

Lol, i just want to be able to retire as soon as possible, and spend the rest of my life With my future children and waifu. Fuck everything else, including the world and "adventure".
Pic related is my waifu