Are neurons a natural programming language? if so why can't we extract out functions?

are neurons a natural programming language? if so why can't we extract out functions?

Are CPU transistors programming languages?

bad analogy. 0/10

No. The cortex doesnt carry out functions.

No you dumb nigger. the brain isn't a computer, at least not a conventional, turing-complete one. You can't project concepts within computing onto it, from fucking nothing. It doesn't work.

No, they're receptors which receive data from the soul which contains your mind. The brain itself is just an antenna tuned in to receive signals from the ethereal plane

I'm sure you have a mathematical proof to substantiate your claims here.

Its evident from what we know about the brain.

If this was true, Wernicke's area wouldn't do anything.

boi, you just answered church-turing thesis, when will you publish?

Hi guys,

What is your favorite pizza type?

We hardly know anything about the brain.

We probably know more than you think we do. Some powerful organisational ideas exist in neuroscience.

Kys

This says very little on the proper formal treatment of neural activity, most especially with respect to cognitive functions. Neuroscience is in its infancy, and we shouldn't jump to conclusions about the brain.

>>are neurons a natural programming language?
no
>> if so why can't we extract out functions?
nigga we can't even do this with artificial neural networks. There are whole fields attempting to do this.
Hawaiian. Anyone who insults the holy act of putting pineapple on a pizza is a heretic.

>wants his opinion to be taken seriously
>puts pineapple on pizza
pick one

Yes but we know enough that brains shouldnt be compared to computers especially when looked at in terms of embodied or or enactivist cognition. We know that neocortical structure ir relatively homogenous. All over, the same function is performed and predictive coding is the leading candidate. Cognitive functions seem to be in terms of models of sensory input and reorganising those models in terms of altering functional connectivity between areas. Basic but i feel this is very different to how computers work. The hippocampus seems to have a very specific role in making models tractable and minimising interference, with the biproduct of serving things like episodic, memory, dreams and imagination as forms of model consolidation.

But i dunno. I dont know much about computers.

>are neurons a natural programming language?

Yes.

>if so why can't we extract out functions?

It lacks a USB port, or any form of output at all, save spoken or signed language. So we have to do odd shit like pic related or CRT scans to make clumsy guesses as to how it works.

someone should just transpose phenomenology of spirit into a computer program for super aids

Mine is Hawaiian too
You sir are one lowly degenerate with no taste and should burn in the deepest parts of a volcano, a Hawaiian volcano in fact.

>brain is not turing complete

Actually it's a very good analogy, you just happen to also be very dumb.

Yes. We can't extract functions because they don't obey normal logic gates because each input and output has multiple locations and relies on temporal and spatial summation to operate.

At least I think, I know more about bio than cs.

Justify yourself

>are neurons a natural programming language?
neurons are like medium for signals. when signals from sensors pass through brain neurons they leave trails. these different trails can be tied and create associations and reflexes-a basis for different types of memories.

when another similar signals pass through brain they tends to follow the same trails as before.

Because it's programmed in OOP.