Degrees kelvin

>degrees kelvin

It was called degrees Kelvin until like 20 years ago. Good job revealing yourself as a physics newfag.

>radians Fahrenheit

>delta function

>miles per hour

I have a solid state physics book that says degrees kelvin.

kek

explain

>inches mercury

>Miles aluminum

quads per shitpost

>nine nines silicon

Feet, inches, yards, miles you know what I mean

>olympic swimming pools

in pure maths we dont have this problem

0 forests per trees

sec per Fahrenheit

More like 50 years. It's just Kelvin since 1967. If you actually learned degree Kelvin in school you should consider retirement.

>"The car is travelling at 50km"

>it's gonna last for a light year

>not measuring temperatures in Joules
>I shiggy diggy

>room temperature is 20 cellshus

>doesn't post screenshots

>Celsius is more objective than Farenheit

I'm glad for you, user. Acknowledging you're a dumb brainlet is the first step towards recovery.

>energy per mass

>sit in on quantum mechanics lecture to see how much of a joke physics classes are
>professor says the Heisenberg "uncertainty" "principle"

pounds are better than kilograms because you don't have to multiply by gravity to express it as a force
t. engineer

Just a question : do you use the SI (international system of units) in your work and/or university ?

The populace (i.e. non-scientist) uses foot/yard/pound but the student/professional/researcher uses metre/gram/celsius ?

you use both in american schools, if you're smart enough for college you're smart enough for trivial unit conversions

Nice

Why not use newtons then?

depends. In engineering classes we use both feet, inches, and pounds, but rarely anything else in the English system. I have never used these units in general classes like chemistry, physics, etc.

I've had two internships, one at an aircraft company doing stress analysis and one at a government (US) lab. The lab used SI generally, and also PPM/PPB. The private company used English units strictly. I'm guessing they converted depending on whom they sold to, because they did do international business

>"It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."

I should say that we are never made to do the conversions in the engineering problems. The problems are either given in English or SI, never both

I've been given a mix of SI and english unit questions before in physics 1, 2, dynamics, material science, fluid mechanics and thermo 1, but usually on exams. I havent had an intership though.

That's retarded. Did they at least give you the conversion factors? they shouldn't test you on remembering stuff like that. The only ones I remember at kg -> lb and ft -> meter

Why is it retarded? Like the velocity is given in mph and the rest of the units are SI. Yea the professor did give a cheat sheet with the basic unit convserions except materials. It was a pain the damn ass when you have to solve an easy arrhenius equation but the gas constant is in english units and you have to hope you can remember how to turn rankine to kelvin. Other than that I thought it was a good challenge against the clock.

>23 cm nails

It's retarded because any engineer in a real situation would use google to convert units, or would be consistent in his usage of units.

Sure, its not that way in industry. Its still just an added challenge so students aren't just plug and chug robots.

I agree with all except that the US system of dates is better for all human applications with the exception of needing to increment it several times.. I'm not even from the US.

>100 fluid ounces

>US system of dates is better for all human applications
how so

The unit conversion is the definition of plug and chug. It achieves nothing.

> Be me, young and innocent european
> Move to USA for a conference
> See a temperature of 120 degrees
> Understood it is in Fahrenheit
> Try to evaluate distances
> Locals answer in inches or yards
> Try to evaluates volumes
> Locals answer in gallons

At least they use the second too.

>120 degrees

Did you visit death valley or some shit?

>second
Not in my state. We use the Yankeekeepytimey defined as the amount of time it takes for someone to translate a measurement from yards to meters.

>miles nautical

>Newtons

>"proof"

ramanujan

>two meters (78.74 inches)

>acid pH
>hot temperature

these two unironically trigger me when said by teachers, jesus

chemistry brainlet, explain?

>Solid state hard drive

>at the position determined 50 km away from the starting point, we assume that the car is in motion
what exactly is the problem here?

>less than twelve per seconds
wew that's fast

>dozen
>feet
>yards

the us system is dumb

>Rankine

Kek'd