Science - Physics

Does someone know a book, or has made a guide on everything physics related for Earth. As in the anatomy of earth, the way how objects act and why, how do birds fly, why is the sky blue, how does light travel, how do fusion reactors work... etc etc. Which means no Space stuff as in Astronomy, but how rockets work and the anatomy of rockets would be great ^_^. I would like to know how stuff works here and then continue in space.
Much love Veeky Forums community!

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck you.
FUCK YOU.
GET. ABSOLUTELY. FUCKED. YOU. FUCKING. PIECE. OF SHIT

It's called Google. And i'm not even joking. The enormous amount of readily available information on basically any given subject online makes even the most decked out libraries in the world look like washed up pamphlet stands.

What?
Why would you say that :( ?

The thing is, i would like something chronically put together. I am aware of the fact that google is a terrific source to indulge in for my needs of knowledge. Just kinda tired of looking all around and would like to settle down and follow something systematically.

YouTube literally has Harvard and MIT lectures, I am not talking about that tee e dee bs, I'm talking about proper lectures.

Chronologically put together ("chronically" would mean they're still doing it). So you want a "history of physical science" with a robust works cited.
Have you looked at Isaac Asimov's Intelligent Man's Guide to the Physical Sciences?

>Hey you guys, I see you doing all the work the proper way over time, but can one of you point me to a cliff notes? Oh yeah and not like an expensive cliff notes. And also buy it for me. And read it to me after you tuck me in.

Yeah "Chronologically", sorry, foolish me.

Hahahha guess I would appear so :D

Or an other way of putting things, i am looking for a guide, a collection of books, on how everything in the universe works but limited to earth so afterwards i can continue to the space stuff..

As in college-level material or layman's explanations?

This Isaac Asimov book looks interesting. Ill check it out!

Oh yeah I didn't put that in, sorry. Yes college/degree level. With equations and highly detailed explanations

Like the first principles of things, breaking down of equations etc etc. I just want to understand the stuff.

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Physics_Textbook_Recommendations
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Geoscience_Textbook_Recommendations
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mechanical_and_Aerospace_Engineering
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Nuclear_Science_and_Engineering

There's a 52 part documentary series called "The Mechanical Universe." On Youtube.

It was produced by Caltech and covers physics from Classical Mechanics to Quantum Mechanics.

So in chronological order of discovery...

Wooo, I'm totally aroused by your post friend, thanks a bunch.

The Mechanical Universe is excellent.
If you're looking for a book which covers just about everything (without getting too deep into the math) I'd recommend "The Road to Reality" by Roger Penrose.

Very interesting. I just viewed the first episode. If you have any other material do share!

Damn i couldn't find Isaac Asimov's A New Guide to Science :'(.