Half the class are engineers

>half the class are engineers

You're the one who's too much of a brainlet that you ended up in a low enough class to be grouped with engineers

>80% of the class are pre-meds

i-it's applied/pure math course...

Hey, lads, just thought I'd let you know that "x amount of the class" is a SINGULAR SUBJECT, and therefore the verb "to be" should agree with it. 'Half the class is engineers" is far more appropriate.

Thanks!

So you admit to being an angry brainlet? That's what your pic is implying.

And your problem is...?
Are you complaining they're too smart or too dumb?
What's the subject?

newfags pls

>the class are
learn to speak first, then you can whine about engineers.

You is an idiot

>engies get better grades than OP

I can relate, it's a required course (for me) too

>being lower division math or physics majors
what do you expect. Big boy work only starts in grad school. Until then you're just learning how to read.

than* u stupid faggot

This. I'm a student in EE and MatSci and I typically did the best in my physics class and was best about half the time in chemistry/thermo. I think most engineers look past any symbolic math, proofs, and derivations, so that's probably what made the difference with me anyway desu

Pic related is a brainlet. Op is implying he is frustated since he is a dumbass.

>half the class are engineers
>they are better than you

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

Why do you dislike engineers Veeky Forums?

They are jell since engineers are actually usefull. Brainlet mathematicians and physicists are only usefull when it comes to academia

But when talking about percentages, it's literally saying "80 per cent" or "80 per 100" of the students, which would be a plurality which calls for the plural form. Saying "80% of the class are..." is perfectly valid. Cunt.

"80 percent" is singular, dipshit.

No need for the homophobia

It's "80 percent of people", not "80 percent of person"

It's "80 percent of the CLASS", class being singular. You're correct that if it were "80 percent of people", this whole subject would be plural, but that is not what the OP said.

>highest grade in analysis was achieved by an engineering major, last quarter
embarrassing, mathfags

>half the class are pre-meds
>they struggle with calc I and Ochem
>they bitch about the class being bullshit
>tfw these are the people that become our doctors
When’s the medical field getting a brainlet filter

>half of the class are engineers
>you are one

>Veeky Forums meetup

at least then it's not a total sausage fest

>got into nuclear engineering with a 76%
wew

I guess I sound gay for saying this but I fucking hate hearing women bitch about Calculus and talking about how hard their biology test was.

So they are smarter and better at everything they do then you are? That checks out.

what class? calc 1? stats? orgo?

lol

than*

>When’s the medical field getting a brainlet filter

There is one it's called actually getting into medical school. You realize a vast majority of pre meds will never become doctors correct?

>only american in the class

Are you implying you are the mutt in the Picture?

user, everyone hates hearing women bitch about anything, even faggots.