What would a human with 2 Y chromosomes look like?

What would a human with 2 Y chromosomes look like?

You mean XYY syndrome? Mostly like a normal person, but taller.

its xxy boi

i think op wants something like pure YY

The absence of an X chromosome would mean death before forming an embryo.

Why doesn't that happen to females then if they have XX chromosomes?

The Y chromosome is just the male phenotype DLC. You can't play it without purchasing the base X game.

Ouch!

VDO gamez :D

Hey man, I was just trying to come up with a brainlet explanation for someone who apparently failed high school biology.

Honestly I've never taken a biology class above early high school level, and I enjoyed the analogy. I just wanted an excuse to wojak-post

Taller I guess, or a hermaphrodite

So manly, 2 Y chromosomes...
Basically a chad

X chromosome is necessary, so like a miscarriage probably.

Sad, because YY if it were feasible would sound to me like a gigachad Übermensch, all stats maxxed the fuck out

X has a shit ton of essential genes on it. You need at least one.

X is the basis and Y is the upgrade pack.

I passed with a C-, we didn't really even go in depth into things like this

A human cannot live without an X chromosome. The X chromosome contains a lot of information for basic life functions and development.

>The X-chromosome has played a crucial role in the development of sexually selected characteristics for over 300 million years. During that time it has accumulated a disproportionate number of genes concerned with mental functions.
>Picture related

Both the X and Y chromosome are relatively sparse. It doesn't make sense to put important information on the Y, when only your male offspring will have a chance to use it and your female offspring can't even pass it along to your further male descendants, and the X isn't a great place to put important information either, when your male offspring will have only one copy and fathers can't ever pass them to sons. So there's been a general trend for useful genes to either not develop on, or move off of, the X and Y chromosomes. However, the motive and therefore effect has been much stronger on the Y chromosome: nothing essential to life could be on the Y, unless it's also on the X.

Life's sloppy, so some information essential to life and good health as a human is on the X, impossible for fathers to pass to sons, and a couple of useful things (other than the obviously necessary trigger to be male) are on the Y, impossible for fathers to pass to grandsons through daughters.

This leads to some weird effects and workarounds. In women, for each cell only one X is active. They are effectively a mosaic of cells with different genomes (though this is not technically correct, since the inactive X chromosomes are still present). Sometimes, one X is defective, but women with it are alright because it's enough that only half of cells work properly in this way, however, their sons with that faulty X will have poor health or will not survive to be born.

This is also why only women, and only a few rare ones among them, have four-color vision, while it's much more common for men to have two-color vision (colorblindness). There's at least one gene essential to color vision on the X chromosome. If it's defective, there's colorblindness in a man. If it's a variant that leaves the retinal cone cell functional, but tuned to a different color, there's four-color vision in a woman, because half of her cells have that variant, and half (presumably) have the normal gene.

the ultimate trap?

Dead

>The Y chromosome is just the male phenotype DLC. You can't play it without purchasing the base X game.

This analogy is so disgusting yet brilliant at the same time. Have a (You), you earned it.