What the fuck do I do?

I feel so absolutely disillusioned, I don't fucking care about this homework and classes don't matter any more to me. Math has lost its magic as it loses its numbers for me. I love math. I'll calculate powers of 2 for fun and just do math. I love math. I don't think I can do my major in it. I want to die. What do I do?

Kill yourself. You're littering Veeky Forums with your useless blog post.

What did I get rid of, another bookshelf thread?

You don't love math.

Go program FIPS 180-4 in C++ and then design an ASIC for SHA256 and mine crypto.

If you are gojng to be disillusioned you might as well be swimming in money.

>he picked a major he actually is interested in

you fucked up. Pick a major you hate so you can get through it without caring about your performance, and keep your interest as a hobby. Me, I love math, but I majored in engineering. I still study math for fun, and I hate my major, but I am not bothered when I get C's and B's, because I don't care about engineering

Please delete this on your way out

>wasting resources on a shitty degree
kys

Or you could just do something you're interested in and not get bad grades like a brainlet.

Can you switch majors? If so check out some related subjects like statistics or some engineering subjects and see whether they are more appealing to you. Also have a serious think about what you want to do ten years down the road, whether you will realistically enjoy it / be good at it and how you will get there. After doing that the best path of action should be a lot clearer to you.

I was in a similar situation with physics, got shitty grades in my bachelor due to getting very bored and disillusioned with the subject. Now doing a Masters in a more applied field instead, feels great to actually be interested in my subject again and not feel like I’m wasting my time and effort on something I no longer care about

I can, I'm a freshman yet, I just feel like a failure

First, a sudden and/or major change from interest to disinterest warrants a trip to a therapist. If you're in uni, you're in luck. The school should provide plenty of knowledgeable psychologists and psych grad students to talk to. Hopefully you find one you like.

Second, try to be honest, find a relaxed, safe setting (wherever that is, for me it's the shower) and try to find an explanation as to why you feel the way you do. You will probably have to explore your psychology which can be very difficult. Think about your situation, list what you are happy and unhappy about. Think about when you feel nothing, when you feel passionate (if at all), when you feel happy, sad, lonely, validated, fulfilled, unfulfilled. Then try to piece together a theory as to why you feel that way in those situations. Scour your life for clues as to why you feel the way you do.

I can't answer that for you unfortunately. If I had the time, I'd be happy to talk with everyone with this problem and offer advice. But I can't.

I guess I can leave some considerations which may be helpful. Is university what you expected? How is your adjustment? What are the major differences in your lifestyle from high school contrasted to now? When you felt passionate, why was that? What changed in your life to alter your motivation? How are your interactions between other students, professors, your friends, your family different now than when you were motivated? Are you taking the time to express yourself? It could be art, just talking to people, writing, vlogging, anything. How are your eating habits? Are you staying hydrated? When do you go to bed? Do you exercise? (a mere 1 hour per week of exercise shows significant improvement in mood). Are you organized? Do you follow a schedule? Where do you feel pressure in your life from? Friends, family, society, professors? How can you ease that pressure?

(cont...)

You need to examine your life, find the problem and engineer a solution. It's not easy but it's what needs to be done.

Some other helpful things that I've found motivating is to engage with people in my field. Students are busy so they may not have the time. But professors are usually happy to talk with you during their office hours. Professors like having friends, they're people. Talk to them about your field, it may motivate you. And maybe you can take their guidance to progress in your field.

My personal advice for you is to delete unproductive, distracting things out of your life. Delete escapism out of your life. Delete steam or whatever video games you all play these days. Pick up a book about Newton or someone you find interesting and read that instead. Create a schedule for yourself and stick to it. Remember that mood follows action. Your mood will improve but you have to take action to do it. Get up in the morning, walk or jog for 30 minutes. Stay hydrated, eat a healthy breakfast. Go to your classes, do your work. Take time out of the day to relax but not escape reality. Could be exercising, meditating, reading. NO GAMING.

Finally, find what inspires you. Whenever you feel a burst of passion, write down what prompted it. Create an inspiration collection. Whether it's quotes, videos, stories, pictures, whatever- create a collection of it and review it whenever you feel yourself losing interest.

That's about all I can offer without more specifics about the individual. But know that 75% of college students report anxiety or depression. You're not alone. And finally, do NOT drop out of college. If anything, switch your major to a generic degree and finish. You DO NOT want to be without some degree in a few years, you will be unemployable. Anyone can cruise through a generic degree

You should be enthralled by the work you're doing you pathetic brainlet. Is it going too fast? Lol hahaha

Math major has nothing to do with that, you'd need EE and CS knowledge and no real math

congrats u have one last chance at being a normie

So you’ve just been at it for 2-3 months? Stick with it a bit longer so you at least get some insight into what the subject is like and have a solid foundation in maths and then transfer at the end of the academic year if you want to. Any subject will have parts that aren’t fun, and especially at an undergrad level you’ll just have to push through that

Autumn semester began in August. I started the Spring semester yesterday. All through last semester I didn't feel so great about it but it was mostly when we got to integrals that I started to just feel outright bad. They didn't not make sense and it was the same material I had already learned in AP Junior year of HS but it just didn't feel good by the time we got to series I just couldn't find any motivation. I hoped it would get better after a month or so for break but we got back and immediately into conic sections and the feeling is already back

Its applied mathematics. OP needs to branch out. Its like why live your life in a bubble? Branch out and apply yourself.

>Math has lost its magic as it loses its numbers for me.
Look at his lips.

right now youre making a choice and your ego is in control.

>had a 4.0 GPA my freshman and sophomore years
>got completely burnt out my junior year and stopped caring
>about the graduate with a 3.0

So much for my dreams of grad school