Who is the nicest fictional character in literature?

Who is the nicest fictional character in literature?

Mr. Rosewater

Queequeg

Back in 1999 I smoked weed with Jesus. It was part of this short-lived, "Fresh + Cool Outreach" Heaven was doing where Jesus would hang out with a random disadvantaged kid for an afternoon. Let them know God's still their bro or something, I don't know what they were thinking.

He was very soft spoken (his English was okay) and seemed to have a genuine interest in Pokemon Yellow, which is mostly all I wanted to talk to him about. I had some of my older brother's weed at the time and we smoked and he didn't say anything bad about the weed. He drove around with me in his Datsun and said he was sure I would be the "Pokeman master" someday.

Anyway I have to say Jesus is the nicest based on my experience toking with him in 1999.

Mr. Pickwick..

Prince Myshkin

Slothrop

Dumbledore

Doc from Inherent Vice is a chill dude.

Alyosha

Robert Walser.

Ma Joad

The main character of my diary on opposite day

Mario, or
>Myshkin
this

Nicer even than Quixote or Alyosha
While We're on Myshkin, the word 'nice' originally meant 'stupid,' and even though Myshkin was not in fact an idiot, he was treated and the book titled as such

>Alyosha
Got kind of testy at times though.
(Actually this might be dependent on translation; I noticed it when reading McDuff but didn't remember it at all from Garnett/Matlaw or MacAndrew. Maybe I had just been idealizing him before and didn't see it.)
And really even within the book Zossima was nicer

Even nicer than Myshkin is his prototype, Colonel Yegor Ilyich Rostanev

Stevens from Remains of the Day

Sancho Panza's grey.
donkey > xote.

Alexei Fyodorovich Karamazov

Considering that Jesus Christ made wine with the intention of getting drunk, it's actually less blasphemous to think that than one would assume based on the memes.

damn, didn't notice that someone already posted it

Nice God is fictitious.

Another vote for Jesus.

>Considering that Jesus Christ made wine with the intention of getting drunk
no

>thinly veiled fedora thread

I enjoyed that

Alyosha was the first thing that came to mind for me too, but I was "primed" because I'd just skimmed a BK thread on this board.

My mental image of Alyosha has always been fairly close to the OP's image, too.

>While We're on Myshkin, the word 'nice' originally meant 'stupid,'

God damn that is interesting, thank you user.

Mario in IJ, even if he is a bit handicapped.