I just finished Motorman by David Ohle today. I really enjoyed it but I found it really confusing...

I just finished Motorman by David Ohle today. I really enjoyed it but I found it really confusing. Is there supposed to be some deeper meaning to all of it? Also, Is Ohle's later work worthwhile?

Other urls found in this thread:

calamaripress.com/3rdBed/Ohle_Motorman.htm
mediafire.com/?x73uwtfhc3b7lzj
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Holy fuck what are the odds. I just finished this book tonight as well. Crazy.
Anyways I don't know about any hidden meanings but as an exercise or an 'experiment' I think it was really successful. Bunce scares the shit out of me.

Wow that's a huge coincidence considering the obscurity of the book. Did you get a first edition copy or the reprint?

PDF of the reprint. The Introduction was excluded so I didn't get to read it but it seemed sort of shit from what little I read on the Amazon page. So I take it you didn't like the book?

Quite the opposite, my friend. While it was a bit confusing, I thought it was fantastic. It's become one of my favorites, to be honest.

How'd you guys come upon Motorman?

I read it a few months ago after reading a Paris Review interview with Lish and checked out some of his favorite books and this was #1, although I much prefer his #2 The Log of the SS Mrs Unguentine and the rest of Stanley Crawford's other work by miles.

You should check out that^, Gascoyne, and Seed

I found it through the surrealist, Shively Humperdink. He posted about the book online, I read some reviews, and it really piqued my interest.

I broke into your house one day and read it. Also jacked off on all your underwear.

I've already forgotten, I read something about it in the last couple weeks (yet another user who just read this) and added it to my interlibrary loan list.

Hey friend, can you let me in on where you downloaded the PDF?

The Log of the SS Mrs. Unguentine is such a strange little book. Like I'm only about halfway through but it just sort of meanders between the wife staring out over the houseboat, describing long periods of life in a short space (reminded me a lot of Morand's Hecate and her Dogs in that way) and lazily fucking on the housebarge. I'm not sure I entirely get where Crawford is trying to lead me yet. I should probably open it back up once Summer comes around and I don't have as much work but in all likelihood it might get buried by Walser.

where's the list of lish favs

calamaripress.com/3rdBed/Ohle_Motorman.htm
It's $6

What you see is what you get. The "sequel" may have familiar elements but is different enough to stay interesting.

Wait, what do you mean when you say sequel?

He wrote 3 more

What order do they go in?

Appreciate it, but I got it on PDF via my Uni. Willing to share if anyone wants it for free.

Order of publication, the next one is the Age of Sinatra

PLEASE DO

Seconding this

Please Share It, summer is really fucking boring.

It's in this archive as epub
>Surreal Lit
>>mediafire.com/?x73uwtfhc3b7lzj

This please

Holy fuck thanks

Do you know where I can find any other Ohle books?

The Motorman epub had an error. Didn't show the entire book.

#bookz has like all of them. Think slsk does too

What's #bookz?

good bye

No error here, you might have a corrupted file or something software-dependent.

motorman is Veeky Forumscore

it's been recommended on every chart forever

So what should I do? Redownload the folder?

I know this sounds dumb but can you recommend me a program that can read .epub files?

Calibre

(you can use the calibre reader on its own, separately from the library program)