Dolphin and Whale Communication

So there have been a lot of reports lately about how dolphins and whales communicate in a way that is remarkably similar to human languages, suggesting they have a translatable language. They have been recorded giving names to eachother, having localized "accents" of sorts and other such things. So realistically Veeky Forums how long, if ever, do you think till we fully translate their language and can communicate directly to them? Also...
>Will their be any practical uses?
>What secrets will they tell?
>Will different species have different languages entirely or will there be a universal language among them all?

General discussion cuz I find the idea of actually talking with another species fascinating.

I'm going to respond because I'm pissed you slid a thread off that I was just about to reply to.

Likely there is no particularly nuanced structure to the language beyond what you might expect of primitive language, however the possibility exists that there is a descriptive language that they use for the purpose of observations.
>Will there be any practical uses
Maybe, more than anything the ability to manipulate animals with language would be on the forefront of what is practical.
>What secrets will they tell?
Not really sure about this one. Feasibly, even if it's a descriptive language, you might be able to get dolphins or whales to 'probe' areas humans can't, and bring back a rudimentary description. Won't have any kind of finesse or resolution to it though.
>Will different species have different languages...
Yes and no. Likely, populations will have the same language, and populations in the ocean can consist of multiple species as migratory events are a lot more often than terrestrial species. So it'll be more geographically separated, if there is any language differentiation.

Niggers in Africa are smarter unfortunately, they probably won't tell us anything useful. Although they probably have some pretty advanced language for very specific ocean type stuff like food, locations, and avoiding predators. They definitely have a bit of a personality it seems like, when you see them in the ocean/river while kayaking they'll pop their heads up as if to say hello.

>communicate with animals

WE COULD TEACH THEM!!!
Seriously, the ONLY thing that separates humans from dumb animals is we can communicate and pass on thousands of years of knowledge which we've distilled and condensed. I'm not saying Dolphins will be smarter than humans, but can you definitively say they won't be if we give them access to all human knowledge? We simply don't know how smart they are capable of being.

Must be an interesting perspective tho. They can communicate with others from hundreds of miles away. And they probably have a better understanding of the ocean they can tell us about since they live there. Also, they are social animals so I wonder what their politics are like?

Also, there are those experiments where we give monkeys access to robotic arms and try to teach them to use them. Dolphins are much smarter than monkeys. We could give them robot mech suits.

this whole post is wrong

Having a language is one thing, in order to be really smart like on a human level they would have to be conscious and self aware. Humans are aware that they will someday die. They ask questions like: what's my purpose, why am I here? If dolphins or whales are found to also do this, then they may be intellectually more our equals...

It's possible that they are as smart if not smarter than us, but never built anything like us because they ain't got no thumbs :/

cuttlefish masterrace

>I wonder what their politics are like?
You should definitely start a thread on /pol/ asking what they think Dolphin and Whale politics is like. It'll be a riot.

We already have talking niggers, we dont need a New shit tier spiecies to pay jizya to. Also sage, i hope they die off

They're definitely smarter than niggers. They get their own food and help humans which is 2 things niggers can't do.

Thats because they dont know about welfare, and we havent given them citizenship. Once they can speak to us, they will demand human rights and bitch about us Fishing in their waters

Say that to my face guppy!

We could teach them to repair oil platforms and ships and submarines.

teach them to farm algae for biofuel and carbon sequestration
pay them with fish
pray they never learn to farm fish

Are you trying to turn the sea into a Third world country?

Neo Liberalism at it's finest.

I'd call this bait but I legitimately believe OP is just stupid.

This

OP is a dolphin fishnigger

It'll probably be like in american dad where Dolphins can be communicated with, but all they ever wann talk about is mackerel