How do you decide what book to read next out of your backlog, Veeky Forums?

How do you decide what book to read next out of your backlog, Veeky Forums?

I'd explain to you the complex algorithm I use only I don't want to strain that little pea of yours.

A pick the thinnest book from the pile of books next to me.

Ask God.

I unironically read what lit tells me to.

I do the sensible thing. I just buy new books instead of reading from my pile. Until the pile ends up consuming me and my apartment.

Whatever I h*cking decide to read and interests me at the time.

I made a list of the most relevant ancint greek writers and I'm reading them chronologically-ish from Homer to Aristotles.

Doesn't one always just feel right?
That's right, and don't forget to take your Pynchon in the morning

>terrified of big books
Veeky Forums

You gotta lay off this shit. You're never right. I just finished an 800 page book

I pick ~6 books that I'm excited about from my bookshelf, put them on my bed, site down and flip through each one. Whichever book has prose that works for my current state of mind is the one I choose. My girlfriend laughs at me every time, because I usually end up picking the book I've been saying I'd read next for the past week. Too many choices, and I'm too indecisive. In the time spent picking a new book I could probably read 50 pages.

Which book user?

Fielding's Tom Jones

>>Doesn't one always just feel right?
I envy you, user.

I've made an autistic list of at least 100 books to read which are usually staggered chronologically in publishing date and alternate between fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. I don't always stick to it but usually never deviate from what I read next to greater or less than 4 or so deviations

Why the thinnest book? What is your rationale for this?

The same rationale as men who want to fuck as many women as possible: superiority in the eyes of others. It's due to the false belief that more books = more read

I own a lot of unread books, and have limited space. Therefore I banned myself from buying books, and as such I read whatever is next in order in my bookshelf, from left to right, top down. My books are sorted by size, not author or category, so I don't get bored with one genre or one author this way.

Do you actually use an algorithm to select what books you read? Is this real? I'm new to Veeky Forums and very scared.

Commitment and accomplishment issues. But honestly I just fucking read whatever I'm most interested to start. Or minor prereqs for what I'm about to read.