Let's suppose you had no sense of pride or artistic integrity

Let's suppose you had no sense of pride or artistic integrity.

How would you write a crowdpleaser, Veeky Forums?

A real bestselling pageturner that keeps the pot boiling and makes a good living out of entertaining people and making something of yourself, etc.

Write explicitly about sex or about 13 year olds and whatever you do, don't try to do both simultaneously.

transgender black refugee with drug addiction problems fights against evil nazi-like government (whose leader is curiously orange) with a band of pot-smoking fat women, dreadlock wearing anorexic teens, mute white boys who willingly offer themselves as literal meat shilds (they have handlers on their back), and bronies.

A young, emotionally confused girl from the city meets a slightly older, attractive boy and falls in love with him
they share a few troubled but intense weeks before he disappears
~180 pages, some idiotic cover

This. But more pages and a stupid shallow fantasy / science fiction backdrop.

You're right, it needs more pages for that book-feel

just use a female pen name and write the next 50 shades

Are you trying to get hired as a writer for Marvel?

a book that takes place in a decadent and ambitionless world full of luxurie and materialism, where the youth of our generation are brainwashed by crass entertainment and succumb to a new hit videogame that in fact is nothing more than a carefully replicated holographic overlay of actual real world military operations, deceiving the teenage gamers that their ultra-violent gameworld is harmless when in reality their avatars are linked to cybernetic humanoid drones that are slaughtering men, women, and children in african colonies to pave a road of blood for large machines to extract oil beneath the destroyed colonies

a tale of gore, horrific war crimes, infant genocide and slaughter, featuring ANTIFA as the protagonist third party that hacks the game to reveal to innocent teenagers the atrocities they have committed through their online personas

but just to ensure i get the full range of audience to shill my piece of shit novel, i will have to make the antagonist an israeli war monger politician who is using the accumulated funds from extracted precious resources coveted by killing masses off innocent people to conduct unethical military research, where the cybernetic humanoid robots that are being controlled by teenagers through online avatars, are actually captured palestinians from the gaza strip being mutilated and turned into augmented husks

if i get a movie deal i want m. night shamllama to direct it

What would be the films awful plot twist then?

That it was actually just a game, all along

it would later be revealed that this war mongering israeli politician was just a cybernetic robot all along being controlled by the CIA, and that Trump had been rounding up mexicans into FEMA camps to surgically reconstruct them into cybernetic slavebots in order to cut labor costs to build a wall

and then the kids playing the game inside the simulation were actually in a dream, and they awaken on a plane next to leonardo dicaprio and then we reveal this was all just a sequel to inception

so, infinite jest but exciting

No, that's now how you would write a crowdpleaser, that's how you list things that you find annoying.

I'm not sure it does artistic integrity any good to willfully refuse to know what large numbers of people like or dislike. Kinds of smacks of ostrich syndrome.

soooo ender's game?
no literally that's the plot to ender's game lmao

Bump.

I have no sense of pride or artistic integrity and I'm writing a lit mmo because its fun. I also have a well paying day job and a wife - I am bored.

SZS was cute in its own way but i couldnt bring myself to watch more than the first season

I would just emulate John Green.

>and bronies
So you didn't see /mlpol/ this April 1st

most people like a story where the protagonists of the story are most likely ordinary people who are not capable of doing anything remarkable but out of some extraordinary opportunity of circumstance they are suddenly caught into events which adversely affect entire nations through their moral choices

this is what most people want, something that encapsulates a fantasy where they feel directly connected to the characters because their own life circumstances are dull and monotonous and do not provide the spark of adventure they wish it had

adding real world groups into your fictional story that is typically filled with a neurotic, naive, and liberal demographic is bound to rope in a marginal audience at the very least if you tailor the story in such a way that exemplifies their actions as righteous throughout the course of the story, which is otherwise known as fan-service is also employed by the japanese who know adolescent-minded adults view their animated japanese cartoons

it's not my cup of tea but i would have fun at the very least conjuring up such an absurdly obnoxious story, with all sorts of mary-sue tropes

I am a pleb guilty of liking this kind of stuff. You pretty much just listed the plots of my favorite anime. Is there a way i can compromise and embrace how i like this shit? For me, I do not think it has to do with not having a spark in my life. In fact, Im very tempted to just write about autobiography of myself and the "adventures" ive been on often while trying to brainstorm.

The thing i find enjoyable is having a happening or phenomenon in a group of people, and to always be guessing how the plot will unfold and lead to what conclusion. I still see your point, and I see how i am flawed.

So, is there anyway to convince myself to take more pleasure in writing about things such as 40 year old men, as opposed to a group of teenagers.

I guess the closest story ive come to like, thats devoid of anime is American Psycho. But i think thats a lot to do with how enjoyable the protagonist is.

t. generic pleb with generic animu taste

Nihilist novel about videogames (to appeal for the reddit crowd) and sex (to appeal for the normalfag crowd). Around 120 pages, so anyone can read this garbage.

>t. self-hating pleb

just like what you like dude. Keep reading things that challenge you and maybe your taste will evolve. If it doesn't it's not like it's a big deal

stop watching anime and participate in other life activities, indulge other curiosities, waste time more lucratively than Veeky Forums or reddit

these things will help you gain perspective, perhaps stowing away literature and gaining knowledge of real topics and problems in and of themself will supplement a drive to convey your perspective on such matters but forcing something that you don't have in you is not going to work

i can't provide any other advice these days, i feel like writing for cinematography is more lucrative in the age of decadence where everyone is 'plugged in' and addicted to the hits of dopamine that more visceral things can give them, such as films and videogames, where people in this day and age are essentially paid to drone away on MMOs

its actually depressing

Both self-love and self-hate are pleb, so how not to be one?

I bet you cant hold a conversation with someone for more than 5 secs without sperging out

Thank you, i was gonna say this

In Spain you just need to write a story about how vad the franchists were and how good and opressed the republicans were.
If you want a more actual theme you cant fail making a erotic/YA/pokefunatpoliticianscozinsmarterthanthem trilogy

you should have got a lot more of (You)'s

>not making the main character a rebellious, emotionally distant 15 year old girl with a mysterious past that gives her a unique ability to see things other people can't
it's like you don't even want to make it onto the ny times bestseller list

Do it about something edgy and aim it at the teen demographic

Suicide, rape, pedophilia, cannibalism, it's all free game nowadays. If you don't believe me, go to the YA section of your local library.