Does everything have an opposite?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_helium_star
aapt.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1119/1.1969340
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

you can't say there s an opposite for the universe

Nothingness.

The null set. Everything has a complement.

guess you're right..

So do they like share the same dick or just the legs this image is creepy.

Thinking in terms of opposites is a brainlet habit for oversimplification.

nothingness doesn't exist

Opposites are just a semantics game that has more to do with the nature of language and dumb humans oversimplifying things to fit into convenient categories than it has to do with actual real life.

The concept of opposite it is pretty much just putting "not" in front of something. The opposite of wet is not-wet. The opposite of a ham sandwich is not-a-ham-sandwich.

Anyway, since it's just a purely conceptual thing and not actually based on reality, I just need to be able to conceptualize something that doesn't have an opposite.

So I'm imagining a sort of magical widget that has the property of not having an opposite. Checkmate, atheists.

This. Think more abstract

No, it's just that humans have multiple opposite opinions on everything.

p.s. no sci related and reported

If you define the opposite of A to be Not A then by that logic everything has an opposite. Maybe not 1 specific opposite but still

Even if it’s a null set or zero, etc.

And let W represent your widget, then it’s opposite is Not W.

Can contextless open-ended babble questions trick people into giving you clicks?

Not W can't exist. It's not theoretically possible.

If you were to imagine something like Not W, it would be the opposite of a theoretical object which is similar to but distinctly different from my widget, since it has a property which is different from my widget (since it doesn't have the property of not having an opposite)

Nothing can exist without the "opposite".

Back is opposite to front, but without back you cannot have front, and without front you cannot have back. If one exists, then so must the other, they cannot be truly separated, and with that the only conclusion you can draw is that they are the same thing.

There is no such thing as anti-gravity.

Helium.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_helium_star

the mirror universe

If the earth doesn't have enough gravitational pull to keep helium pushed towards the center of its mass, then what makes you think helium can provide enough gravitational pull on itself to create an "extreme helium star"?

All you did was make not not W. The opposite would be anything that has the property of having an opposite.

What's the opposite of salt?

no, certain non-invertible mathematical functions have no opposite.
They have no legs, there's one dick, but each of them gets their own testicle
It's permissible in general relativity. There are ways we could make repulsive gravitational forces, but they are impractical with current technology.

the same salt, but made of antimatter.

>It's permissible in general relativity. There are ways we could make repulsive gravitational forces, but they are impractical with current technology.

What is the opposite of something that has an opposite?

Obvious choice would be something that does not have an opposite, which sets up a nice paradox, I guess.

Many things do not have an opposite unless you make the error of reifying their absence. Examples would include light and heat.

Announcing that you reported a post is a violation of the rules. I wont tell you what I did about it. Probably nothing.

The surface of a Mobius Strip.

aapt.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1119/1.1969340

yes, it does.

But life is far more than dualistic conceptualizations. There is 5 antithesis to every 1 idea. and vice versa. endlessly. Its what we call "society".

..What is matter and anti-matter? Stupid people saying stupid things for 1000 Alex.

It might

That's pretty neat. Shame that nobody can read it.

Farts are just food ghosts

salt is the precipitate of the combination of an acid with a base, so the opposite is water

Sugar

Wait no, pepper