Readpill me on eating vegan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1OIp9vOiERo
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22715808
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0368131969800207
dresselstyn.com/JFP_06307_Article1.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21545807
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20821440
epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-05/documents/environments-contaminants-chemicals-food.pdf
cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7476312
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19075184
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22037012/
incredibleegg.org/eggcyclopedia/l/lutein/
aoa.org/patients-and-public/caring-for-your-vision/nutrition/lutein-and-zeaxanthin
elementascience.org/articles/10.12952/journal.elementa.000116/
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/sep/06/meat-production-veganism-deforestation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just do what ur body tells u. if it wants to die u will eat shit. if its wants to live u will eat well

Gorillas eat termites and caterpillars, I guess they aren't strong.

For starters 'vegan' is an entire lifestyle and philosophy not a 'diet'.
Secondly 'strict vegetarianism' is the dietary practice that is part of the vegan lifestyle/philosophy.
Thirdly, humans are clearly and objectively evolved to be omnivores and no moral, ethical, or philisophical 'choice', no matter how fervently you believe in it, is going to rewrite your DNA and make you into a vegetarian, genetically-speaking.

Eat whatever you want. Try things out and see how your body reacts. Just don't push weird diets on kids. They need a certain diet to grow healthy.

I'm the opposite of a vegan but I do think you can be healthy not consuming any animal products at all. Though all the "studies" are just kike propaganda.

The reason why I hate it is the same reason why I hate Apple. It's a religion for dumb people who are unhappy with their lives so they throw themselves on some hype and get their self worth from that. This is the leftist anti-racism meme now. And feminism as well.

>I'm unhappy, should I do anything about it that requires something difficult? Nah, I'll just join this group and focus everything on others

You will never be happy and vegan, feminist, anti-racism, religious/atheist ... ... ...

/thread

and as for the moral/philosophical argument of vegans:
youtu.be/1OIp9vOiERo

>readpill me
gtfo pill-popping /pol/itard

I'm not a vegan but I've been a vegetarian for over 15 years. Current biological + archaeological evidence points to the most "natural" diet for humans being mostly plant-based, with lean meat/fish eaten frequently as well. So if you want to just be as healthy as possible without having to take dietary supplements, I'd probably start there. You can obviously be very healthy as a vegetarian/vegan, but you'll probably need to put more thought into your diet and take supplements (definitely if you're a vegan). Human nutrition isn't a solved issue by any means, but I think it's safe to say that if you reduce the amount of processed food + mass-raised fatty red meat in your diet, that's a good thing.

IMO the biggest reason to go vegetarian/vegan is for the environment. Even if you don't care about the ethical problems of how our society currently raises meat, you should care about how it is impacting the water crisis, global warming, etc. Eating vegetarian/vegan is also cool because it's easier to stay lean in my opinion, you can eat a lot more food and feel 'full' without having the calories from fatty meat.

If it's something you're seriously considering, I'd suggest making slow, small changes to your diet. Our society is caught up in selling labels for diets, drastic changes, etc. The reality is, if you jump straight from carnivore to strict vegan, you'll probably hate it and fail. There's no reason to do that other than to just be able to say "uhhhh is this vegan?" at restaurants sooner. Start by eating less red meat, or by buying from local farms, or something, and take it slow. Like right now I stopped buying milk and cheese, but I still eat yogurt, eggs, and some other animal products. Maybe I'll go "full vegan" one day but there's no rush. One day at a time

>The reason why I hate it is the same reason why I hate Apple. It's a religion for dumb people who are unhappy with their lives so they throw themselves on some hype and get their self worth from that. This is the leftist anti-racism meme now. And feminism as well.
Mix up a few words and it applies 100% to you, /pol/tard:
>The reason why I hate it is the same reason why I hate the alt right. It's a religion for dumb people who are unhappy with their lives so they throw themselves on some hype and get their self worth from that. This is the rightist anti-anti-racism meme now. And anti-feminism as well.

>posts obscure vegan powerlifter that only vegans like to jerk off to
>h-haha I'm totally ignorant guys r-redpill me on veganism
don't even hide your blatant bait please. Just come out and say it "meat eaters are retarded fucks."

Oh look, a FB indoctrinated soyboy

>eating vegan
They don't smell very good so I'd assume they don't taste any better.

They're also the dumbest of the bunch

Vegetarians are pathetic and wouldn't group them with vegans since they don't have the commitment like vegans. Either eat animal products or don't. Vegetarians pick and choose what they want to eat without any beliefs behind it

>pic
This quote is irrelevant unless he was a vegan all his life.

Eating meat is all kosher, just look up a few documentaries on the mass food industry.

Wtf is your point

crying baby the post

If you're raised a vegetarian from birth and never consume meat, you starve any inherited gut bacteria that were able to process meat.

So it's not exactly genetics, but a 2nd generation vegetarian is not going to be able to successfully obtain nutrients from meat without a bacterial transplant.

they're strong they just aren't vegan

>Vegans are pathetic and wouldn't group them with people who commit suicide since they don't have the commitment like people who commit suicide. Either contribute to suffering on this planet or don't. Vegans pick and choose what types of suffering they impact without any beliefs behind it

Life is suffering, no matter how much you try to lessen your impact you're still an environmental, social, economic burden on everybody and everything else. Pick a spot you're comfortable with and leave it at that. No sense in getting all rustled about other people trying to improve life on this planet.

Forgot to give the (you) they so desperately want

You fuck up your brain and start believing in flatearth and cleanses.

Yeah, and his parents, and his parents parents, etc...

First off, you should obviously be basing your diet on high antioxidant vitamin rich, fiber rich foods, (which also means not just 'vegan' many vegans eat like shit) I'm not even going to cite sources for that because it's obvious and so easy to look up. You should eat a lot of whole grains and beans, limiting refined carbohydrates/fats which are empty calories. You should eat a lot of fruits/vegetables 5-13 servings per day like the US dietary recommendations.

All that is obvious, but the real question is whether meat/fish/milk should be included. Now if it is included it obviously shouldn't be a large calorie source or the bulk of all meals like some paleo shits and a lot of fat Americans do today. All 3 (meat/fish/milk) are high in calories and low in vitamins (relative to fruit/veg/whole grain) with zero fiber, it would be much better to use a different calorie source which also comes with complex carbohydrates, vitamins etc. Most of the argument for them is that they are necessary to eat because they contain certain highly beneficial nutrients difficult/impossible to get elsewhere:

(1/2)

For meat, it is protein and B12. For milk, it is calcium. For fish, it is long chain Omega 3s. The easiest to debunk are meat and milk. It is debunked simply by showing the image attached to previous post with what I eat in a day. I easily meet my protein and calcium goals. I also meet my B12 goals easily due to the soy milk I drink being fortified with it. It would be an appeal to nature fallacy to suggest that is in any way bad to get your B12 (the only essential nutrient missing from a vegan diet) from supplementation derived from cultured bacteria rather than from bacteria living in the animals intestines. I could also appeal to nature fallacy by saying it's unnatural to be the only species to drink another animals milk. Lastly I get my Omega 3s from flax seed, but this does not contain long chain ones DHA and EPA. Fortunately, long chain Omega 3s have not been shown to have clear benefit in young adults[1] and the older adults can easily take an algae (instead of fish oil) supplement to receive their long chain Omega 3s.

1. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22715808

(2/2)

>I'm not even going to cite sources for that because it's obvious and so easy to look up.
Nice try.

Did you make that list yourself or is that a website/program? Looks really interesting.

So, it's rather obvious you CAN be just as healthy eating vegan, and cutting out the animal foods in addition to eating fruits/veg/whole grains, but why spend the trouble? The reason why is because not only do animal products not offer us any nutritional value we can't get somewhere else, but also have been shown to be very bad in many cases. Almost all persons have fatty streaks on arteries by age 10[1], while a plant based diet has been shown to reverse heart disease[2]. Fish contain harmful mercury contaminants[3,4]. Animals are at the top of the food chain so they bio-accumulate many more toxins than plants[5]. Processed meat (most of what is eaten: bacon, ham, chicken nuggets) is a known carcinogen[6]. The high protein content of animal foods can increase IGF-1 levels which is a cancer causing hormone. [7,8]

1. sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0368131969800207
2. dresselstyn.com/JFP_06307_Article1.pdf
3. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21545807
4. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20821440
5. epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-05/documents/environments-contaminants-chemicals-food.pdf
6. cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html
7. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7476312
8. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19075184

And that's just a handful. Could go on forever stating all the risks but don't have enough characters or time. Nutritionfacts.org has a good collection of studies and explanation of them.

>Nice try.
Yeah well if anyone does not agree with that statement they're clearly so fucking retarded that it's not worth spending my time arguing with them. Please base your diet on twinkies and McBurgers and remove yourself from the gene pool with haste.

It's Cronometer. Really useful to make sure you're getting everything you need if you're feeling a little bit off.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22037012/
>Epidemiological studies from the past 20 years show no evidence of a link between dietary cholesterol and heart disease, coronary heart deaths or plasma cholesterol concentrations

>Clinical studies with dietary cholesterol challenges indicate that for those individuals who are sensitive to dietary cholesterol (25% of population) have increases in both LDL and HDL cholesterol, thus maintaining the LDL/HDL ratio

>CONCLUSION
>Most recent epidemiological and clinical studies consistently indicate that dietary cholesterol does not increase the risk for heart disease in healthy populations. In addition, recommendations of less than 300mg/day of dietary cholesterol bear on egg consumption resulting in the restriction of a very good source of quality protein. It is also important to remember that eggs are good sources of the carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin, that have been shown to prevent macular degeneration and LDL oxidation and of choline, an essential nutrient for fetal development. Further, choline may also protect against Alzheimer's disease. It is time that based on this overwhelming evidence, we rethink the current recommendations and remove the upper limit for dietary cholesterol following the lead of other countries.

>Epidemiological studies from the past 20 years
>on populations who are already eating a shit ton of cholesterol
>show no evidence of a link between dietary cholesterol and increased heart disease
>when they eat a little bit more cholesterol in the form of eggs in addition to the shit ton they already eat

>good source of quality protein
>eggs are good sources of the carotenoids
>It is time that based on this overwhelming evidence, we rethink the current recommendations and remove the upper limit for dietary cholesterol
Wanna know how I know this guy was paid by the egg commission?

Lmk when you have a study proving the eating eggs reverses heart disease you fucking clown lmao

>eggs are good sources of the carotenoids
incredibleegg.org/eggcyclopedia/l/lutein/
>A large egg yolk contains 252 mcg of lutein and zeaxanthin
aoa.org/patients-and-public/caring-for-your-vision/nutrition/lutein-and-zeaxanthin
>Kale has up to 25,000mcg of lutein and zeaxanthin

>processed meat is bad
thanks tips

Veganism is pretty much the worst diet you can get into. If you're trying to lose weight you might as well go on a water fast. If you want to become a bodybuilder and don't mind eating a fuck tonne go full carnivore.
Overall, if you don't want to go on a retarded diet and still want to be fit, just remove sugars altogether from your diet and lower the number of carbs you eat.

Watched 12 minutes of this. Had to close when the pro-meat guy argued that there's no evidence that chickens "morally oppose" being slaughtered for human consumption. I'm not even a vegan myself but holy shit what an idiot.

>Comparing human physique to gorillas
WeLl LiOnS ArE sTrOnG ThEy Eat MeAt

>lower the number of carbs you eat
every coach of professional athletes would slap you so hard. Perhaps you are a keto tard?

jesus fuck kill yourself he was talking about the quote on op's picture
fucking hell go back to r*ddit or whatever shithole you came from

Vegetarians are the worst though. Vegans at least stand up for animal rights and the environment despite not eating local only. Vegetarians think killing is wrong but honey, eggs and dairy are all produced in humane ways. Both are retarded though. Life is too short enjoy the finer things

Vegetarians still contribute to the reduction of suffering of innocent animals by not eating meat. Why must the choice be either completely animal free or full blown meat-eater?

You didn't actually address the study at all. Don't forget where you are.

I did, there's no need to spend my time on a clown like yourself. I don't need to address every little piece of '''evidence''' you post by some dude funded by the egg industry who makes such retarded claims like 'eggs are '''''''good''''''' sources of carotenoids' when in fact a serving of kale has literally 100x more. It's fucking laughable that you expect me to spend time on something so retarded, every major nutritional authority in the world agrees that eggs are NOT good for you. In fact it's illegal to advertise that they are in the US.

How about you address the fact that whole food plant based vegan diet is the only one EVER proven to REVERSE heart disease. It's a brainlets way of winning an argument trying to get me to address your shit quality '''evidence''' while you ignore all of mine.

dresselstyn.com/JFP_06307_Article1.pdf

The study is published in a journal listed on the Master Journal list, has been cited plenty of times, and contains sound citations, none of which were addressed.

Again, don't forget where you are. We talk facts here. When we're not shitposting, anyway.

>none of which were addressed.
>1. sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0368131969800207
>2. dresselstyn.com/JFP_06307_Article1.pdf
>3. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21545807
>4. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20821440
>5. epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-05/documents/environments-contaminants-chemicals-food.pdf
>6. cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html
>7. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7476312
>8. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19075184
address all of these then

Why? Are they contradicting the one I posted?

It's not about who has the most studies. It's about what specifically can be drawn from a collection of studies, and what can't.

>Germany's Strongest Man
That's about as impressive as being Alabama's smartest man.

>Are they contradicting the one I posted?
Not necessarily. It seems that you have no interest in arguing against me then. Well then I have no interest in arguing against you.

I suppose you are vegan then, considering the fact that the first states:

>Majority of children have fatty streak on their arteries by age 10
>Dietary habits that retard atherosclerosis should be established in childhood

While the second states that not only is a whole food vegan diet able to retard atherosclerosis, but REVERSE it in people who already have it.

Your study is actually completely 100% correct! There is no evidence of a link between increased dietary cholesterol and heart disease in populations who already eat high amounts of dietary cholesterol. Though, There is a link between not eating any dietary cholesterol and REVERSING heart disease. For a second I thought you were arguing against me but it's clear that you had no argument to begin with.

>Humans are clearly and objectively evolved to be omnivores
Kek, we don't have a method for properly digesting dietary cholesterol. We're the only primate that gets meat from animals other than bugs, and doing so is extremely bad for our health. Most primates our size or larger eat almost exclusively plants, with about 3% of their diet being bug meat.

Healthwise, non-strict vegetarianism is objectively the best option.

Low-meat diet is more sustainable.

elementascience.org/articles/10.12952/journal.elementa.000116/
>This study focuses attention on some underappreciated concerns. While agricultural land is often discussed in the aggregate, our analysis shows that accounting for the partitioning of land between grazing land, cultivated cropland, and perennial cropland has a strong influence on estimates of carrying capacity. Indeed, we demonstrate that under a range of land use conditions, diets with low to modest amounts of meat outperform a vegan diet, and vegetarian diets including dairy products performed best overall. Finally, the analysis illustrates how carrying capacity can be used to measure the potential food output of agricultural land. Moreover, the model presented herein provides a basis for exploring an even wider range of diet scenarios, and to further examine which diets make most efficient use of available land.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/sep/06/meat-production-veganism-deforestation
>Overall, Fairlie estimates that farmed animals produce about 10% of the world's emissions: still too much, but a good deal less than transport. He also shows that many vegetable oils have a bigger footprint than animal fats, and reminds us that even vegan farming necessitates the large-scale killing or ecological exclusion of animals: in this case pests. On the other hand, he slaughters the claims made by some livestock farmers about the soil carbon they can lock away.

>The meat-producing system Fairlie advocates differs sharply from the one now practised in the rich world: low energy, low waste, just, diverse, small-scale. But if we were to adopt it, we could eat meat, milk and eggs (albeit much less) with a clean conscience. By keeping out of the debate over how livestock should be kept, those of us who have advocated veganism have allowed the champions of cruel, destructive, famine-inducing meat farming to prevail. It's time we got stuck in.

Oh look, a jobless brainlet who spends his time eating mommy's food and samefagging on the internet.

Low-meat high-dairy high-protein master race, reporting in.

>That leaked pic
People still are paid to shill kike propaganda here to this day.

>We're the only primate that gets meat from animals other than bugs
You're a "special" child aren't you?