Do trees have body heat?

Do trees have body heat?

Yes.

Living cells metabolize so that must generate heat.
Bear in mind though that only a fraction of the tree is living. The core is the left-behind growth of previous years and is dead, useful only as structural support.

have you ever been canoeing? note the temperature difference between the middle of the lake and the lilypad-filled creeks
plants respire just like us and emit heat

Not OP, but my experience is that the sunlight gets cucked by the dense flora and that makes me cold.

lol pussy

Why give a negative meaning to pussies?
lol faggot

What about refrigerator trees?

Do you mean strawberry trees? They emit heat too, it's just that they are smoother than other trees so they feel colder.

I thought it was because they don't have dead outside bark so the water that moves, which is significantly colder due to coming from the ground, cools the surface down

le evapotranspiration xdd

so, by your judgment, is hair dead?

Well sort of, I was more leaning to surface area as a factor. Im also pretty sure the areas strawberry trees grow in have similiar temperatures in both the ground water (14 degrees) and air. Southern California is an exception to this I guess.

Hair is dead, by definition. The only part that is alive is the follicle.

yes

so, is extracellular matrix dead? is dentine dead?

>dentine
No
ECM
Yes, in the same way a protein is dead. An organism is a living thing composed of a lot of dead things.

protein is NOT dead
protein is the source or the carrier of life functions

dentine contains no living cells, so it's as dead as hair

Oops you are right, I was thinking of the pulp chamber.
Yes it is, a vial full of alcohol dehydrogenase is not alive. Hell people have arguments whether or not viruses are alive and they are protein coats with DNA inside of them which is far more than any lone protein.

By no definition of life I am aware of a single protein is alive.

your definition is weird. a cell is alive, the proteins inside of a cell aren't? is that what you mean?

How is that odd? Are molecules by themselves alive to you?