The bill nye generation

Does anyone else hate the bill nye generation of physicists?

>experimentalists
>love simple showy physics
>work at a science center for kids
>hate computational and theoretical work
>complain about differential equations
>think college physics is swinging pendulums and touching plasma balls
>awkward sunshiney personality
>think physics is "cool"

Call me an autist if you want but I hate that style of physics. I miss the feynman generation. The generations that treat physics as a necessary pursuit of truth and explanation. As the key to laying groundwork for pleb experimentalists and engineers to build off of. Im amazed by physics, I desire to use it to uncover reality but Im not entertained by it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=46h-LfNWPn8
youtube.com/channel/UCiEHVhv0SBMpP75JbzJShqw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. Nothing you said has anything to do with physicists.

Popular science is intended to make you believe that you understand a thing which actually you don't understand, and to gratify what I believe to be one of the lowest desires of modern people, namely the superficial curiosity about the latest discoveries of science.

Replace bill nye and richard feynman with justin bieber and metallica and you have a youtube comment

This. OP is a pretentious faggot who probably doesn't know shit about anything and just wants to complain in order to feel superior

>OP is a pretentious faggot who probably doesn't know shit about anything and just wants to complain in order to feel superior
Why the homophobia?

Thanks for your inputs, engies :-)

Only idiots complain about the next generation, it literally happens to every single one and it's always some bullshit "I want to feel superior" bullshit, yet literacy, granted PhDs, IQ, published papers, etc keep going up, this is retarded, stop.

This is a joke about how Feynman's pandering showmanship caused all of that before Nye was around... right? Nye just made things a bit worse and caused damage on a wider scale.

thanks for your input

btw how do i find the action function for a newtonian gravitational field? :-)

I have a legit question. Do people in real physics fields really follow OP's "bill Nye" philosophy? I'm not talking undergrads or random plebs like me, but real physicists. Is this just some made up shit for OP to feel like he's on some team? Or do actual physics professors subscribe to such an inane ideology? I find it hard to believe, but I'm not in the field.

>thinks faggot applies to gender and/or sex
Oh you have much to learn about reality, nigger.

What do you think Bill Nye's philosophy is? He's a kids TV show host, not a researcher.

>>think college physics is swinging pendulums and touching plasma balls
The plural of pendulum is pendula. There's no way somebody that actually studies physics doesn't know this.

***pendulati
sorry, autocorrect

If you studied this shit you would know the proper singular form is pendulus.

I say, good sir. I hate all of these turn of the century physicists who think that all of these particles are so important. You can't ever interact with them, so what's the point? Don't even get me started on the Einstein fellow. Mass = Energy? Space itself bends and curves? Time slows down and speeds up? Space and time are one in the same? That's absolutely preposterous! How could any reasonable fellow believe in such nonsense?

People like Einstine are really ruining physics. What ever happened to the good old days, when we were making discoveries about the dynamics of heat and electricity? Call me a mongoloid if you want, but I hate that style of physics. I miss the Faraday and Kelvin generation. The generations that actually did things important, that affected our lives. Nowdays we all ogle at the newest subatomic particle.

This is a Rick and Morty fan right here. Gas.

>this is a rick and morty fan right here

thank you. someone who immediately recognizes that you have to have a high iq to understand the subtle humour in my posts.

>You can't ever interact with them, so what's the point?
Which particles can't you interact with? Some of them interact more strongly than others, but they all interact.

Don't argue with retarded people.

>experimental physics is bad
how retarded can you get ?

>
>>You can't ever interact with them, so what's the point?
>Which particles can't you interact with? Some of them interact more strongly than others, but they all interact.
He's retarded senpai . Particles you can't interact with (directly or indirectly) you also can't detect or infer .in fact they 'dont exist' by definition as you can come up with any arbitrary description of them and it would be unfalsifiable.

what did you just say about me you little bitch

Spoken like a true freshman who just started his major.

Do you even know any physics

All of experimental physics is solved. Believing otherwise is solipsism it a method of laundering grant money.

youtube.com/watch?v=46h-LfNWPn8

>Nu-male physics

I approve.

>nigger
Why the racism?

How much higher than yours is their GPA?

/thread

a shell of what he once was
youtube.com/channel/UCiEHVhv0SBMpP75JbzJShqw

that's what you get from an engayneering bachelor after all

Dr. Nye has done more to spread science than Feyman or you

>Dr. Nye has done more to spread science than Feyman or you
You mean "popular science", not science.

/thread

>to complain in order to feel superior
but those who complain do so because they are objectively inferior

Like what?

hello bill nye cultists. you are all so right. i was definitely wrong.

btw maybe you brilliant nye followers could tell me how to find the possible orbital wave functions of 3 equivalent electrons in the p orbital? you know, since bill nye physicists have such high gpas.

Maybe you could help me out and gell me how the born approximation can be used to determine cross section scattering for a spherical well potential? i must have missed that bill nye episode

I'm a scientist and a mensa member, and I consider Dr. Nye to be one of my earliest inspirations. Of course, i was always considered a genius from a young age, but he helped give me that extra "push" away from my Bible thumping parents and closer to skepticism, rational thinking, and logic.

He is an actor that stared in a so-so series of scientific education videos. He is famous because people fetishized him (like you are) and because he is an SJW so he can push Democratic talking points as "science".

larping

>LARP
>LIVE-ACTION ROLE-PLAYING
>LIVE-ACTION
>On the internet
What did they mean by this

You downloaded an image just to reply

dick measuring contest

the reason most actual intellectuals left /sci

>i'm a scientist
>dr.nye
>earliest inspirations
>considered a genius

kek

widely used and understood phrase accepted universally by every board.
>OMG WHUT DID HI MEN BUY DIS LOLOL

are you actually this retarded?

>Bill Nye
>Physicist

At least use a Physicist to define the generation of Physicists you have an issue with, not a mechanical engineer.

These Rick or Morty capa pastas have gotten out of control.

Honorary doctorates are still doctorates.

Hey fuck you physics is cool

I hate Feynman's personality. I don't mind happy physicists who are passionate, even if they seem silly, as long as they are competent. You are a wet rag OP and I hope you remain a postdoc forever.

Why the faggotry?

I have no idea what you're talking about OP

again, replace bill nye cultists with justin bieber fanboys and the rest of your post with tryhard babble about music theory and real instruments

>that canned laughter and applause
>implying vanilla can be converted but none of the others can

I had no idea it was this bad.

>Why the homophobia?

Say what you say about pop-scientist like Bill Nye, but you have to acknowledge their contribution when it comes to getting children into science. Children have low attention spans and if all of their interactions with science were nothing but boring facts most of them would not get into science. However all these flashy chemistry and physics experiments grab their attention and they want to learn how to do similar experiments themselves and get into science that way. And it's not like kids who get into science this way are all about those flashy experiments their entire life, some are, but they're a minority. At least in my uni a lot of people got into science through an easy experiment they did when they were young or by some flashy experiment that they saw and when their education progressed they developed interests in certain parts of their respected fields. Bill Nye isn't a hardcore scientist and you shouldn't treat him as one, but you can't deny his contributions to science which he has made solely by getting other people into science. Popular science, like all things, has negative sides. There are the people who watch those shows and think they're experts in the fields, but don't affect academia at all and should just be ignored. I do agree that there is a bigger problem with people like Bill Nye speaking as an expert in fields he has no experience in and people believing everything he says, but I still think that he has done more good than harm.

Keeping kids entertained with things they forget in a week is pretty fucking useless. We as a society just need to drop the act that normies can understand science and math, or even should.

Nice pasta. Also, no. Teaching kids that science is "handies" and "powerbottoms" is fucking retarded and borders on grooming.

"The Science Guy" is a fucking stand-up character of his from his comedy days. Somehow it entered the zeitgeist as an actual science communicator.

You piece of trash, college physics is swinging a pendulum and staring at simple electric currents. Just because you took physics 101 along with some other business majors who take it for an easy A doesn't give you the right to judge anybody. Literally anybody pursuing a 4 year degree in physics MUST use theoretical work, otherwise they wont be granted a degree. Not that you would know that you highschool graduate loser. Feynmans "generation" is exactly the same as ours, as is every generation before it.

>you have to acknowledge their contribution when it comes to getting children into science
You mean the glut of PhDs that keeps the pay for scientists down? Physics would benefit from less people following their fascination of black holes

Did you just admit to studying physics without actually enjoying it? Then congratulations! You are part of the latest and worst generation of 'physicists' (people who actually just studied undergrad physics)...
So, did you, A - Watch the Big Bang theory one day and say, "I want to be like these guys, nerds are cool!" B - Stumble onto Veeky Forums after spending time on /b/ and absorb all the bullshit about maths and physics being the only 'serious' subjects. Or C - So you could brag about it, like half of Veeky Forums?

If you study physics without passion, you are less than an arts major.

Daily reminder theorists are overrated and the real science is made by experimentalists. Go back to play with your symbols