Does IQ matter?

Does IQ matter?

Not sure anything matters when you really think about it

No, but EQ does.

No. it's what you do with it that matters

you can keep telling that to yourself bud
doesn't change the fact that IQ has been shown to correlate with success and well-being

>has been shown to correlate
Correlation does not equal causation.

Not if you don't want it to. You could have an IQ of 105 or 165. What matters is what you choose to do with it.

>score in top 1-2% on every intelligence test I take
>everyone I meet says I'm intelligent
>still feel dumb as shit
>used to struggle in school as well

I feel like my life is a big lie.

>low self-esteem
You probably could have scored even higher if you were more confident in yourself. You're going to be okay, OP.

Also, checked.

Apparently if your IQ is above 130, you can do almost anything you want.
So, up until 130, yes.

Just because they are correlated doesn't mean that people are sucsessfull because they have higher IQ.
It could easily be that successful people are scoring higher because of their success, education and environment basically.

The successful people also likely have high EQ

145 IQ Aspie checking in.
22, 2 children (unintended) and haven't gone to university yet.
I can confirm, IQ is overrated.

>unintended
Jamal pls

nice platitude kid, sometimes correlation implies causation

"environment" basically means "everything but genetics." it's the NOISE of the system
there are studies looking at parenting, education, stuff like that: no real effect.

the nice thing about IQ is that there are lots of MEASUREMENTS. most of the time EQ is just thrown around as a vague concept. give me numbers fucker.

>sometimes correlation implies causation
And sometimes it doesn't

I am not overly observant of contraceptives.

Wait so do you have to pay child support? Lol

and in this case virtually all evidence points to causation

>"environment" basically means "everything but genetics." it's the NOISE of the system
>there are studies looking at parenting, education, stuff like that: no real effect.
That's bullshit. How do you explain the flynn effect without environment?? Its not fucking evolution, thats for sure.

No it does not

141 IQ Aspie here.
25, 1 kid on the way (intended) and i made $80k last year working 3 days a week.
You sure you took an actual IQ test? Online tests dont count reguardless of what website you took it on.

I just live with the mother, my father pays me maintenance and I then pay for the children and her. In return, she feeds me and so on.

duh. there is environment, I said it's the NOISE of the system (ie it's there, because there is NOISE in the goddam system fucker)

how about test scores?

Yes, I had to for my placement into a prep school.

Well, consider the fact that IQ is a good predictor of success among the lower IQ populations, ie someone with ~90 IQ will do relatively better than someone with ~80 even though both are below average and will not do so well absolutely speaking

And how does that let us know causation of IQ and success goes as you would want it to? And you just admitted we know IQ is influenced by environment, this doesn't seem to strengthen your argument.

>And you just admitted we know IQ is influenced by environment, this doesn't seem to strengthen your argument.
nobody in the world has ever denied there is an environmental component to IQ but NOBODY fucking knows what it is beyond NOISE you dense fucktard BESIDES obvious shit like having your mother drink shit tons of alcohol when you're in the goddam womb

You are saying there is a causation here that hasn't been proven. This is the most basic error to make when analyzing at statistics. And you guys get it so wrong all the fucking time.

look at all the fucking twin studies all the fucking SNP studies fuck off

Call it noise all you want. It still doesn't mean that IQ is that causal mover behind "success"

You fuck off!

We don't have SNP's that we can use show this causation. Fucking source it if you claim otherwise.

And twin studies have huge problems with them. Among them are the shared environment in the womb and up until they are separated. And the Non-random selection of adoptive families, that tend to be similar environmentally between each other. And the small sample sizes across small variation of environments.

The problems with twin-studies have been know for a pretty long time now man. Its funny this is what is brought up to prove IQ's importance.

You are smart enough to do any upper middle class job. :)

There is plenty of competition in the top, where other unmeasurable (for now) traits need to be in synergy with iq. 130 is upper middle class but is pleb teir compared to true intellectuals.

>almost anything
I know.

>went to a prep school
>still fucked up in life

... course it does - Asians have an higher IQ than whites but having a high IQ doesn't lead auto. to success ...

have you seen what niggers are up to?
a fucking abomination around the god damn globe ...

It doesn't if you know what gokkun means.

Ask Dr. William Pierce what he thinks about IQ.

No. IQ is not something that is innate or deterministic about a person. It's not even a concrete number. You will get a different score based on stress, satiation, rest, and other factors.

The obsession with IQ is mostly just an American phenomenon. The obsession with competition and the desire to justify why one person might deserve more resources than another drives them to such fantasies about IQ.

Feynman famously took a test and only got a 126.

Yes. I doubt you'll find any prominent researchers with sub 100 IQs.

It matters for something more than others. For example, it can predict chess prodigies because they probe the same sort of skills( processing speed, pattern abstraction, puzzle/problem solving, working memory,etc) STEM has the same demands so it can predict your capacity. Hint if it's less than 2 standard deviations, you probably aren't Nobel laureate material.

But he only got that because he scored poorly at the grammar/language tests. He just didn't give a fuck about learning these things.

I assure you no one who writes grants and papers for a living has poor grammar or language.

A lot of successful people are dumb idiots

And the idiots in this thread just prove that IQ doesn't mean shit

Yes, but you can still be successful with a low IQ; you just need to work much harder.