Anyone looking forward to William Gibson's new book?

Anyone looking forward to William Gibson's new book?

>Due out in January 2018, the novel will travel between two periods: one in present-day San Francisco, where Clinton’s White House ambitions are realised; and the other in a post-apocalyptic London, 200 years into the future after 80% of the world population has been killed.

>The manuscript was written before Clinton’s defeat in November rendered the original plot obsolete. Although he attempted to rewrite the original draft with the Trump win in mind, Gibson said: “It was immediately obvious to me that there had been some fundamental shift and I would have to rebuild the whole thing.”
theguardian.com/books/2017/apr/26/new-william-gibson-novel-world-where-hillary-clinton-won-agency

Thought it seemed like a cheap gimmick at first, but after seeing it was written pre-election I'm not so sure. Don't know what to make of the post-election rewrite though.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/23929479-soumission
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well I'm a huge Gibson fan so I'll be reading it regardless. He's smart enough to not center the entire book around a retarded gimmick. I do get quite a liberal vibe from him, but I don't think he's an asshole about it. Could be wrong.

Honestly just glad to hear he's writing another novel.

He was pretty insufferable on Twitter actually. I followed him in hopes of cool cyberpunk insights on modern life and instead had my feed flooded with dozens of msnbc-tier retweets per day. Maybe it was just for election season but I had to stop following him. Loved the Sprawl trilogy regardless, and plan to read more of his works.

The dude's a draft dodger famous for writing a book in which capitalism pretty much destroyed the US and turned into a techno-feudalist nightmare, do you seriously get liberal "vibes" for him? The man is very clearly at least left-to-the-democrats (not that it's much, but americans don't seem to understand that the biggest threats to democracy or whatever it is they think public healthcare and education are aren't threats to their lifestyles, just common sense)

Politics fucking sucks, the only time I mention politics irl is sarcastically and satirically. Why the fuck do people take it so seriously and make an ass of themselves for their volatile social beliefs?

This is a nonpartisan nonideological post.

Never heard of this guy but this sounds shit, regardless of what you are politically the 'candidate i disagree with will destroy humanity' argument is fucking pathetic.

Was this post satire? Was the picture directed at your own post?

Zizek himself is satire.

You can bring your plastic vagina over to my house if you want to talk more about it.

What are some of the more rare alternate history books?

>hillary win as a dystopic cyberpunk novel

can't wait for the backlash

Reading comprehension not your strong suit, huh?

> in July 2016 when he urged US voters: “To not vote for Clinton *is* to vote for the candidate Putin and David Duke so badly wants you to. It’s a raggedy-ass world, that way.”

I've always wanted to like Gibson novels but could not.

>regardless of what you are politically the 'candidate i disagree with will destroy humanity' argument is fucking pathetic.
yeah omg like calm down

You're pretty simple if you blame one person for something as destructive as 80% of humanity being wiped out.

Does anybody? Last I heard the guy was mostly dependent on handouts from friends in Silicon valley.

>He was pretty insufferable on Twitter actually
>was
I just checked his twitter, Jesus fucking Christ, he literally lives on it.

When a woman's president
We'll all be living in a tent
Black people are like "Oh Well"
"Either way I'll be in jail."

>The dude's a draft dodger

tell us about Trump's glorious military career, neonazi.

Already done:
goodreads.com/book/show/23929479-soumission

>neonazi

Is the Peripheral good? I've only read Neuromancer and re-read it recently, will probably go to Count Zero and Idoru but I saw The Peripheral for cheap at a store.

how was his last novel?
i hated virtual light trilogy

>Implying I'm against draft dodging
>Implying I'm not so fucking left I can barely communicate with my peers without autistically rambling about the spectacle

I'm just stating facts m8, ain't nothing wrong in skipping other people's war.

Jesus, can you get any more tankie than wanting to forcibly drafting students and the medically exempted? that's impressive user.