I'm ready to embrace him, Veeky Forums, I just need another little push to get over the edge

I'm ready to embrace him, Veeky Forums, I just need another little push to get over the edge

Which book should I read to do that?

Other urls found in this thread:

buddhanet.net/ebooks_s.htm
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Diary_of_a_Lunatic
notehub.org/i0cbm
libros.am/book/read/id/181976/slug/there-once-lived-a-woman-who-tried-to-kill-her-neighbors-baby
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Phaedo is what did it for me.

The fucking Bible, you infidel.

Anna Karenina and The Brothers Karamazov

Actually, all of Tolstoy.

Don't read King James shit because that's for protestant scum. Read either the Catholic Bible or the Orthodox one.

Thanks

There's fucking in the bible?

Just go here
buddhanet.net/ebooks_s.htm

>fucking in the bible
You're in for a treat.

Nono the fucking bible. He means the kama sutra.

go full jesuit. spiritual exercises by loyola.

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Diary_of_a_Lunatic

thanks, reading now

>There's fucking in the bible?
There's loads

Genesis 19:33
>So they made their father drink wine that night; and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; he did not know when she lay down or when she rose.

>There's fucking in the bible?

Of course there is. There's even a whole book devoted to fucking.

One of the greats.

Relatable.

>City of God

What a great fucking name.

Maybe try Thomas Merton's Seven Storey Mountain

There's an incest threesome in the bible, m8.

Read Augustine's Confessions.

I'm in the middle of reading it, and I can't help but feel it talks to me on certain days.

The conversion story and his memorial for his mother are the best parts. Well, that and the theory of time at the end.

>reading the part where lot fucks his 2 loli daughters drunk
>that part where jacob fucks all the bitches

In wich language did aquinas and hippo wrote? I want to read them in the vernacular if possible

Op what did you do to reach that stage ? How did you get past the athiesm and narrow it down to Christianity

I'm atheist without exagerating; Aristotle is what restored my hope.

Latin

>Aristotle is what restored my hope.

You might want to avoid Wittgenstien then

>hippo
He's usually referred to as Augustine, not Hippo.

Wittgenstein's best friend (one of 4) and student, was in fact an aristotelian-thomist.
He himself died Catholic. He also disagreed with himself throughout 3 stages of his work.

Also, this modern tale I accidentally found a couple of years ago seems relevant: notehub.org/i0cbm

>we re-enact the prolonged torture and death of the god we worship
>we eat his flesh and drink his blood
>you were born evil
>you must obey me or you will suffer eternal punishment
>if i strike you, you should turn the other cheek so that i may strike it also
>you should treat me as you would like me to treat you
>you should do good to those that do evil to you
>p.s. i love you

you went over the edge a while back

>Wittgenstein's best friend (one of 4) and student, was in fact an aristotelian-thomist.

And? Feuerbach studied under Hegel.

>aristotelian-thomist.

The last refuge of the anglo analytical.

>He himself died Catholic

In the loosest sense of the word.

>>we eat his flesh and drink his blood
>he doesn't think that's the hypest shit ever

It's such a demand on the believer. You MUST believe in the Real Presence if you are a Catholic. It's a good way to weed out the pretenders.

*Weeds out the critical thinkers

If you think you're just an ape you better stop speaking to me because I don't speak to animals.

GOD DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST
KILL YOURSELVES YOU FUCKING RETARDS

You realize there are talking animals in the bible, right?

How the fuck is having all the sacraments "the loosest sense of the word"

The good thing about god is that he exists whether I believe in him or not ;)

holy... so this is the power of cynicism

How the fuck is having all the sacraments "the loosest sense of the word"

Living effectively outside of the Church and having a concept of God and belief that was more in line with Kierkegaard and Tolstoy.

>He himself died Catholic

Source?

where did all you christians come from
i'm not complaining but i didn't imagine Veeky Forums attracted religious people

When the memes changed

Aaand I better post the whole book for the sake of it.

libros.am/book/read/id/181976/slug/there-once-lived-a-woman-who-tried-to-kill-her-neighbors-baby

I didn't come from anywere, and I'm not really religious, have been browsing this and other boards (not /pol/) for a couple of years. People just change, man

Why isn't it all listed under fiction? :^)

>he did not know when she lay down or when she rose
'Course he didn't.

Dostoyevsky

God doesn't exist btw

Bible

this. God doesn't exist though.

>summa theologica
I strongly believe that no one has read this completely
How do you even buy it, it's too expensive.

So fucking childish.

What do you expect from fedoras

we talking fedora-atheists or fedora-Christians?

athiests of course, just look at

well sure, it's the low hanging fruit, a strawmanning of Christianity if you will, but nonetheless an accepted Christian identity.

Why do fedora atheists and fedora Christians like to debate the existence of god, as if you can have a meaningful discussion about that? Why don't they make a case for/against faith - you can have this debate and still keep some integrity.

From a latent sense of social conservatism, borne either of an emptiness following hedonism, or of having never partaken in those pleasures.

From the crossroads between nihilism and God, and the realisation that one cannot straddle between, but must take one or the other.

From depression.

I speak as an atheist on the threshold, consuming as much Christian literature as I can, willing but not yet able to surrender the critical thought instilled in me since boyhood by the four horsemen. Next time we meet I will be in Christ's arms, or dead in a ditch. Amen.

It was the Perennial Philosophy by Aldous Huxley for me.

Isn't Phaedo the one where Socrates dies? How did he push you toward Christianity? It doesn't even reach any conclusion.

>believing in god

just remember that a row of dominoes will never create themselves, set themselves, or push themselves over

Anything by Leibniz. He really nails it down and if you understand what he's saying you will appreciate the universe infinitrly more.

Why are you only limiting your investigation and work to Christianity and not other religions?

This board has gone downhill.

10/10 Cringe

Some of us were always here.

Not the same poster, but the notes of anti-materialism, priority of the soul over the physical body,and the promise of the afterlife which effectively diminishes the importance of the animal life could do it.