What number comes after pi on the number line?

What number comes after pi on the number line?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fee-fi-fo-fum
youtu.be/elvOZm0d4H0?t=4m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

[eqn]e[/eqn]

23/7

Pretty sure none of these are right.

Po

pi+(1/infinity)

1/infinity = 0.

>the number line
Which number line?

The only number line there is?

pi + 1

Trick question. π isn't rational and thus not on the number line.

you can't list [math]\mathbb{R}[/math]; it's uncountable

Bro... u just blew my mind

depends on the scale of the number line

why even fuck with pi
what number comes after 1 on the number line?

pi + epsilon?

Pi + 0.000...01

i was trying to tell some guy that 0.999... can't equal 1 because you need to add something to it to make it 1, i suggested 0.000...1, he told me it isn't a number.

You're retarded.
.999... does equal 1 and it's obvious to anyone who knows anything about calculus. The 9's NEVER ENDS! Whereas the 0.000...1 you suggested does end, thus .999...+0.000...1>1

Go back to baby-analysis.

Wildberger, pls go.

also, there is no number between 0.999... and 1

if two numbers are distinct, there will be other numbers between them.

It goes pee, pi, po, pum

Mandela effect. i remember it as phe phi pho phum.

>Mandela effect

All of these are technically correct.
>What number comes after pi on the number line?
Any number greater than pi will do.
OP wasn't very clear with his question and numerous people in the thread filled in the ambiguity with unnecessary constraints.

>what is the well-ordering theorem.

well then answer OP's question brainlet

There is no "next" number on the number line (as this refers to the standard total ordering for which a

Except π itself.

π isn't on that line.

1/3 = .333....
1/3 • 3= 1
.333... • 3 = .999...

what do you mean there is no "next" number on the number line? The real number line forms a continuum, that means there are no gaps on the real number line.

Doesn't that imply you can move from pi to a number right after pi smoothly?

Damn, idk why I just laughed so hard at that, but thank you.

how do i thumb up his post?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fee-fi-fo-fum
idiot

kek

[math]\pi + \epsilon[/math]

>skipping π+ϵ/2

Literally inifnitly many
Foe example pi + n, while n is element of the natural numbers starting with 1.

=b

The well ordering theorem is equivalent to the axiom of choice

Found the brainlet

3.1416, accurate enough for normal results.

Yes but the gaps between real numbers also form a continuum

There is no real number x such that [math]\pi[/math]

>mandella effect
Bullshit, fuck off

A line is an infinite series of points. Any pair of points will have an infinite number of points between them. That you chose pi is irrelevant.

>pi
>number line

You're using imaginary concepts that don't make any sense anyway, just define a new number called pi_next as the number that comes after pi to make mainstream ``mathematics'' even a bigger joke.

that's forbidden math

>hat do you mean there is no "next" number on the number line?
youtu.be/elvOZm0d4H0?t=4m

There are multiple numbers coming after pi on the number line, like 4,5,6,..., therefore your question is wrong

He/she didn't ask for a unique number though

Fuuuuuuuqqqqqqq

You're a fucking brainlet. You don't get it, kill yourself

The monad K greater than pi.

2pi, obviously.

A better question: Is it rational?

>just define a new number called pi_next as the number that comes after pi to make mainstream ``mathematics'' even a bigger joke.
Derridian mathematics

Could a rational number follow an irrational number or doe their have to be infinitely many irrational numbers between rational numbers? I think Cantor would say the later, and that infinity should be equal to the infinity of the rational numbers, but the ordering is confusing me.

I guess I don't get it. I need to read more.

it goes pee pee poo poo

[eqn]\pi + \dfrac{1}{n}, n \to \infty [/eqn]

The regular ordering on [math]\mathbb{R}[/math] is not a well-ordering and there's no next number. Assume the next number after pi is x, then (x+pi)/2 is different from both x and pi and between them - contradiction. However, if you assume axiom of choice, you get the well ordering theorem and you can order [math]\mathbb{R}[/math] so that every nonempty set has a smallest element and so you would get that the set of all numbers greater than pi would have a smallest element and that would be the next element.

/thread, i hope

>the next number after [math]\pi[/math] is [math]\pi[/math]

Kys you stupid frogposting fuck

Kys you stupid frogposting fuck

pi + (1/biggest number excluding infinite)

shut up weeb

why the caligynephobia?

Then Pp

If r is the next number after a, where a and r are real, then (1/2)(a+ r) is between a and r- contradiction. Therefore, there is no next number after (or previous number before) any real number.

.9 + .09 + .009 + .0009 + ... = .9 + .9 x .1 + .9 x .01^2 + ... = .9 (1 + .1 + .01 + .001 + ...)
= .9(1/(1 - .1)=.9/.9 = 1

There are an infinite number of real numbers between any two fractions, and also an infinite number of fractions between any two non-fraction real numbers.

lim (n --> infinity) (Pi + 1/n) = Pi.

They’re close enough for engineers

There is no biggest number smaller than infinity. If K is that biggest number, infinity > K + 1 > K so K is not the biggest no. < infinity. Contradiction.

If you define some number Z as the number following pi, then what about (1/2)(pi + Z)

Substituting Z with Z/2 gives a smaller number, so that doesn’t work.

The set of real numbers > 1 has no minimal element.

When you ask for THE following number you are, by definition, asking for a unique number.

Yes, it does.

Numbers are inherently divisible. What is meant by a monad in this thread is totally unclear.

π + lP (Pi + planck length)

hownew.ru

OK. After obsessing about this I have concluded that Rationals = Reals (if they aren't part of complex) > Integers = Natural

Complex > all
1-dimensional though
I think I need to learn about fields. Because I can't see how complex numbers aren't 1-dimensional

I still haven't read Cantor in depth, and he deserves that, but I don't see how my inferences could be worse than anyones. They are fucking solid.

>1/3 = .333....

>thinks R is well ordered

Lol????

This is the dumbest meme in mathematics. 1/3 is perfectly understandable. .3 bar is basically a spandral of using decimals --- it isn't important. It is only their because of formulism.

>thinks in terms of r and r squared

Well ordered is just the Axiom of Choice + C>B>A

>>
lim(Pi + 1/x) as x->inf

so pi
thanks

Lots of numbers come after pi on the number line.
4 comes after pi, 5 comes after pi, 37293738 comes after pi.