What are you plebs reading?

What are you plebs reading?

Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

Anatomy of Melancholy

Dostoyevsky - Demons

Feels like it's going over my head quite a bit but I'm pushing through. Only got 240 pages to go.

Hadji Murat. Can't find any info about other translations into my language though, or even this one. I should just learn Russian already.

Sherlock Holmes.

Making my way through all of them.

Don't really need to list famous works with their author. We all know that Twelfth Night is a shakespeare play.

Good choice though, it's one of his better plays.

I bought the physical volume of the complete Lovecraft collection yesterday, currently making my way through. We need another Lovecraft in the world.

The Rise of Ransom City by Felix Gilman.
It's about on the level of Modern Genre Fiction but I don't know what genre it belongs in, and I don't care.

Seneca's letters

Wittgenstein's Mistress

Really good, esp considering i bought it on a whim when someone said it resembles Wittgenstein the philosophers writing style. People say its like samuel beckett though i havent read him before. Well I have read him, but it was a few poems that i didnt like in college.

fuck yeah. purest wisdom

Master's Voice by Lem

the good soldier svejk

I'm reading Les Misérables and it's quite good thank you

Your diary and it's pretty plebish desu senpai.

I puked when I read what you did with those "traps" in Borneo.

I am reading Politics as a Vocation - Max Weber

A Mind for Numbers and The Language of God.

pickwick papers.

Crime and Punishment
Peace (Wolfe)

Thats about it for now.

Homo Deus

There is around four threads asking this same question.

I am reading No-No Boy by John Okada for a class, and I really love it. I've never heard of it mentioned outside of this class, not on here or in college. It's pretty fantastic, and if you're interested in American identity and specifically issues relating to Japanese identity within America check it out.

> Japanese identity in America

Are you taking Advanced Weeabo Studies?

Nah, it's a book about the divisions experienced within Japanese-Americans in the face of WW2. The main character elected to say No to two questions asking if he'd decry the Emperor (as he was American and never had allied with Japan or the Emperor) and if he would fight against Japan in the war, and was sent to prison for two years until the end of the war. There were Japanese immigrants who considered themselves still Japanese, kids of these people who were always American, Japanese-Americans who considered themselves still Japanese and endless divisions and equal amounts perspectives about a character such as this "No-No Boy".

Oh wait, misunderstood your question: no I am not. English major taking an American Literature class.

1984 for the first time