Is this a good show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc
youtube.com/watch?v=cBdxDFpDp_k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_distribution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sure

Probably not because Nigg Degrasse Tyrone. Sagan's Cosmos is alright though, but some anecdotes he tells are bullshit.

>it's bad because it has le meme negro astrophysicist :)
Show's fine

Fuck no. Anything that praises the proto new-age hippie Bruno as a scientist, mathematician, or "martyr of free-though" is total garbage.

youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc
It's alright. Will always have a soft spot for the original though.

not as good as the original. tyson is like a shittier version of sagan in every way.

If you're younger and don't take the stories from history seriously, sure.

> universe is beautiful xdddd do not forget to vote the democrats xddd democrats are smarter and better

Cosmos in a nutshell

Literally who are you talking about? And does Cosmos actually do this or are you delusional?

Cosmos has a segment on Giodorno Bruno and promotes the propaganda version of his history.

ilustrate us then in your version of the history of giordano bruno

>propaganda
I mean, he opposed the church, that's just fact. If you see it as propaganda, I can only assume you are a triggered Christian.

>my version

The records show that he was a friar and philosopher that was tried for heresy for holding beliefs contrary to: The trinity, the divinity of Jesus, the Incarnation, if Jesus was Christ, the core beliefs of Mary, and transubstantiation. He also believed in the transmigration of the human soul into animals and dealt in pagan mysticism. On top of all of this he viewed God as not immanent to the universe but the same thing as the universe. As such he held the infinity of God as the same as an infinite universe. For these views he was killed for heresy. A couple hundred years later the Protestant Reformation revived his story for anti-clerical propaganda and spoke of him as a "Martyr for Science" because he held of there being more worlds being out there and the Evil Catholic Church(tm) didn't like it. This is ignoring that the Catholic Cardinal Nicholas of Cusa held and defended the plurality of worlds and extraterrestrials decades before Bruno was even alive.

>I can only assume
Well I'd recommend not assuming because now you just come off as ignorant.

>gays cause earth quakes
>voting pedo is ok
wonder why gop gets a cold stare huh

youtube.com/watch?v=cBdxDFpDp_k

So would this mean that instances of crazy things happening in the weather can never be proof of global warming?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_distribution

I don’t think so but I only watched like 2 episodes. I learned essentially nothing and came away with a strong sense i was just being sold why Christianity is bad rather than any wonder for the Universe.

Watch the original Cosmos or The Ascent of Man intead.

haven't seen much of cosmos but an episode I saw had a segment on DUDE WEED LMAO and how neat it was. not that I hate weed just why the fuck would you talk about weed on a show about the universe.

Soy science

you are talking out of your ass, there is no weed episode in the show

god tier

with enough weed

>dude weed lmao

This comparison is retarded. Bruno actively and aggressively preached his views not only on astronomy but also philosophy and theology and they were extremely radical across the board, in particular those of theology as they were irreconcilable with fundamental roman catholic beliefs. Cusa was a renown centrist and mediator whos' most radical view was that divinity was not knowable through the human mind even though itself was of divine provenance and held that a man must rise above reason and logic to embrace divinity. That being said the "martyr for science" narrative is straight up propaganda and exploitation of brunos legacy, but he is hardly the first, last, or even unique in suffering that fate.

yeah that sounds like a bunch of catholic propaganda
what gives

That's actual history, user. I'm not sure why you see it as Catholic propaganda. You tell me.

I'm only comparing Nicolas to Bruno in respect to the plurality of world's claim. The Cosmos story promotes the martyr for science narrative even to the point of sharing the belief that Bruno originated the concept. Bruno is neither of martyr for science nor the originator of the concept as Nicolas already held it and defended it openly while being a Cardinal of all things.

instead of watching shit by black science man, watch the one that was made by carl sagan

Or both